• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Bitter Lily

[Question] Great Buildings for Chilling in HMA?

That's a great point! What about the Happiness, though? Remember, we're foregoing an Alcatraz because we're not interested in fighting.
  2. Bitter Lily

100 Diamonds from nowhere

I have the Chateau, but I've found that if you age up gracefully or park at an age, quests/Frontenac don't produce many diamonds. As for the others: They don't fit my architectural restrictions on my main city, but the Space Carrier is high on my salivation list for my secondary, power-mad city...
  3. Bitter Lily

The problem with looking at high-level cities is that they were developed before the event buildings of the recent past. I've only seen the older event buildings in the Antique Dealer's -- but for a lot of them I marvel at the idea that anyone would ever build one. These days they're all worth...
  4. Bitter Lily

So what you're saying is that you don't see a Gaea everywhere because you do see Arcs everywhere. For those iconoclasts like me & the OP, going without an Arc makes the Gaea essential.
  5. Bitter Lily

100 Diamonds from nowhere

Sweet prize!! And what Brute Force is saying is that you had to do *something* that caused the gift. So the question becomes: where were you when you got them? To expand on Brute Force's answer in case you need the amplification: - In the jungles of GE? (IMHO, the most likely place to see 100...
  6. Bitter Lily

[Guide] Guild Battlegrounds

League Points (LP) now is the openly-displayed MMR. And one fan-run website now claims fixed cross-overs -- that 650 LP will put a guild in Gold, and 651 in Platinum, every time. Is this a change from the 30% in Gold, 25% in Platinum stated above? (At least, I interpret that to mean a floating...
  7. Bitter Lily

Challenge 3

Sorry, I figured it out. Still think it should be the Hagia, but oh well, I'll pick the Royal Albert from the description.
  8. Bitter Lily

Challenge 3

1D - Notre Dame 2E - Arc 3B - Royal Albert 4A - Himeji 5F - Colosseum 6C - Space Carrier
  9. Bitter Lily

Sorry for the time delay on replying! Hagia Sophia is common and Gaea is not, because most players want to combine fighting & negotiating to save goods. The OP specifically wants a negotiation-only strategy. Without Alcatraz or Hagia, there's a happiness problem (I'm told). Gaea helps with that...
  10. Bitter Lily

Challenge 3

This should be the Hagia Sophia -- but that's not there! How can the goods production & a supply boost be attributed to the "finest minds"? In short, will I be allowed to say n/a or some such thing?
  11. Bitter Lily

Challenge 1

A) 9 B) 3 C) 4
  12. Bitter Lily

Where's Season 11?

Thank you for explaining. I had missed that!
  13. Bitter Lily

Forge of Empires Turns 8 - Feedback

It's an impressive gift. I just wish I'd had a proper chance to pick which world I wanted it in. I left last night in the *other* world, without (I admit) logging out, so naturally when I opened my browser this morning, there the gift was -- given to the wrong world. Some sort of way to select...
  14. Bitter Lily

Where's Season 11?

Dontwannaname, please don't abandon us! I've looked for the past season in both of my worlds, and it's not to be found.
  15. Bitter Lily

Oh, on the contrary -- play them, play them, play them! The worst that happens is that you decide you don't want, let's say, a train in your city (from the Winter Event), and sell the upgrades & cars for big bucks in the Antique Dealer's. (Not the decision I made, I admit, and have had to go to...
  16. Bitter Lily

I so wish people wouldn't make recommendations with abbreviations! Especially for someone who may be unfamiliar with the various GBs, and has asked for advice. I can expand "I highly recommend CF/LoA/SMB." to "I highly recommend Chateau of Frontenac/Lighthouse of Alexandria/St. Mark's...
  17. Bitter Lily

Events and jumping an Age

So far, it's going fine. I really was prepped, so I could jump in less than 6 hours on the day before the event started, including building construction time. (That is, during most of that I could go do other things.) It helps, of course, that I was only jumping to Early Medieval; for many later...
  18. Bitter Lily

I do think that Inno made a mistake in how they set up the Marketplace. Only your guildies, friends, & neighbors are in your personal Marketplace. If you are in the Progressive Era and need Iron Age goods, your neighbors will likely be of no help -- they'll be in the Progressive Era! So you need...
  19. Bitter Lily

Why do I think you completely missed the point of the original poster's question? I hate it, I know, when I ask about options for my HMA city and carefully specify no Arc -- and get told, an Arc is the way to go. Sure, it's best. And when I opened a second city, it was my third GB. I want to try...
  20. Bitter Lily

Is !Fish to Fry! right for you?

Small guild looking to expand. We offer a friendly social group and help with GBs, trades, and events. GE is optional, but frying fish on the Battlegrounds is a must -- at least 20 encounters/season. Are you looking for us? If so, please apply to !Fish to Fry! or contact me.