• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. generalwoo

Arc, Atom, or Obs

Per the wiki, Atom gives 6 goods at level 1. Aside from the increase to contribution rewards, the Arc is the cheapest treasury building to level to 80 with 1.9 donations (24,023 FP for Arc vs. 25,909 FP for Obs and 35,078 FP for Atom). And because it is such a popular building, it isn't...
  2. generalwoo

What is the easiest way to access battle towers?

If you're on mobile, go to the continent map and tap on the tower. Then, use the arrows to get to your desired tower. Much faster than getting on the ship and landing on another continent.
  3. generalwoo

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I'm in PME, and my story quest is on "The End of this Chapter." Unfortunately, I cleared the entire CE map when I was in PE, so I know I can't get the hover tanks until I move up. Since I can't get around the CE blocker, is it safe to take the entire TE map now? Should I still negotiate the...
  4. generalwoo

Feedback for The Galata Tower!

I meant the player with 600k points who has a Galata Tower. He is in Progressive Era, so unless he got his prints from investing in another's GT, you don't have to be in an early era to get it.
  5. generalwoo

Feedback for The Galata Tower!

I think there are more than just 2 players with the Galata Tower. Foestats doesn't show GBs below level 4. The 600k player is in Progressive Era.
  6. generalwoo

Recurring quests and 1.9 contributions

I'm in a couple small and slow-moving 1.9 threads, which are slow enough that it can take a day to fill all five positions. As such, I like to take my time and cycle through the R'lyeh and Fnord quests as I add FP. It may take as long as 10 minutes to finish cycling RQs on Position #1 of a...
  7. generalwoo

Governors Villa

I thought about doing that when I was in EMA. Has anyone tried using all Barbarians/Slingers in their defending army? My attackers almost always auto-battled with 2 armored infantry and 6 rogues. Wonder if they would've held up better than my mixed defense (1 color guard, 1 military drummer...
  8. generalwoo

weird neighbor messages

I had a neighbor create his own FP swap thread, right before the hood rotated. Actually, that's pretty ingenious!
  9. generalwoo

weird global chat

10. generalwoo

weird global chat

Don't forget about neighborhood chat! I've seen it used once and even took a screenshot to prove it.
  11. generalwoo

Cultural Settlements Progress

800 diamonds is a drop in the bucket for a diamond buyer. At princely offer rates, that's less than $2. Wouldn't surprise me if someone felt it was worth getting an extra FP a day.
  12. generalwoo

Advanced GB's in early ages

I'm one of those "campers" who stays behind to work on leveling GBs. Until fairly recently, I didn't have any GBs above my age other than CdM, which took about two months for me to obtain through slowly trading up for the goods. I can see your perspective, as I stood out like a sore thumb in...
  13. generalwoo

Plundering rationale

I can understand the angle about making friends through fighting. I don't plunder let alone attack my neighbors, but when the heavier hitters scale my defense, I message them, and we usually have a nice chat. As I'm genuinely curious about how long it must've taken someone in HMA to amass a...
  14. generalwoo

LMA Goods

No, but her plunderees might. :D When I was in Iron Age, I asked a couple dealers if they sold CdM sets. I was quoted 150 and 200, which seemed high considering that Traz goods are going for 200. I advanced to EMA and slowly traded up for the goods - took about six weeks, and that was only...
  15. generalwoo

Question on my Hippodrome

I know, but with the level 6 carceres, he will have anywhere from additional 8-17% defense, equal to 1-3 tracks.
  16. generalwoo

Question on my Hippodrome

Upgrade the carceres so you can get the defense boost for your attacking army and 2 more FP. That's like having a leukoi, and depending on what era you're in, 1-3 rouisoi tracks.
  17. generalwoo

oversized aggressors?

Other than the city shield and collecting on time, and maybe a little diplomacy, there isn't much you can do to stop someone who has spent considerable time working on attack boosts. Even in HMA, there are players with 500-600% attack boost. Pretty hard to defend against that. Have as few...
  18. generalwoo

Where are ya from

NorCal here! Not far from the Alcatraz.
  19. generalwoo

[Question] How do you make a successful GvG top guild

Look for uneven trades (that work in your favor) in the market. I can usually catch a few a day. You can also plunder your neighbors that belong to a warring guild. That's fewer goods for their treasury! :p Or plunder your other neighbors if you don't mind making enemies beyond GvG.
  20. generalwoo

Best Unit Combinations per Age ( Version 0.1 )

I think you might have better success with a horseman instead of knight. Same effectiveness, but it's four times faster to train and heal!