• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Wildlife mini-game seems to be bugged, chests not dropping

The mini-game in the Wildlife event seems to be bugged. Two things I notice: (1) Sometimes the game just freezes and I have to close it and re-open it (2) Sometimes a chest will drop off the bottom, but no prize is shown. I am not sure whether it is purely a visual bug, or whether I am not...
  2. Can I continue to collect Asteroid Ice after I age up to SAV?

When I promoted to SAAB I lost the ability to collect Mars Ore from my colony, since the colony goes away when you leave SAM. Thereafter, you can only manufacture Mars Ore. Is the same thing true in SAV? Do I lose the ability to collect Ice from asteroids when I move up to SAV, or can I always...
  3. Did the neighbor assignment algorithm change?

In my most recent change of neighborhood things changed in a major way. I do a lot of plundering, but when tried to plunder this new neighborhood almost noone had any uncollected buildings of any kind, and those that did just had 5 or 10 goods buildings available. This is a huge change from the...
  4. Is it intentional that Extra Turn does not work in GBG?

When negotiating in Guild Battlegrounds the Extra Turn tavern boost does not seem to work. Is that intentional?
  5. Trapped in SAAB with no ore?

I read in another post that the Mars colony disappears after a player ages up into SAAB. However, wouldn't this cause a problem because with no colony, there is no way to get credits. To explore a Mars region for ore one has to pay credits. So, it could happen that I player is unable to get Mars...
  6. Is life support useful at any point?

I am in Mars, but still somewhat new and working on the last couple of techs in the research tree. So far, I have not found any utility to life support. The problem is that it appears the life support only discounts coins and production, not mars ore. I have plenty of coins and production. The...
  7. Why are my Mars units not dominating?

I recently aged up to Space Age Mars and my units do not seem to do any better than Oceanic units on the campaign. I have about 1000/1000 boost. For example, my Wardens are 4428/6972 after boost and the units opposing them in Artic Future are never any stronger than 250/250. Even so, they seem...
  8. Does upgrading a 1x1 building like Sentinel Outpost increase prestige?

Does upgrading a 1x1 building like Sentinel Outpost increase prestige? It seems not to. When I build a Sentinel Outpost, I get +40 to Prestige immediately. However, when I upgrade it to level 2, then there is apparently no increase in Prestige.
  9. Does storing a building de-shrinkify it?

At one point I put a bunch of Rogue Dens into storage. These were Rogue Hideouts that I had used a Rogue Hideout Shrink Kit on to make them 2x2 buildings. However, in examining my inventory I don't see any Rogue Dens (2x2), just a large stack of 3x2 Rogue Hideouts. So, does mean that when the...
  10. Please stop starting GE automatically

Currently GE starts automatically on Tuesday morning. This is extremely annoying because most players NEVER begin playing GE first thing in the morning. The player has to first start the daily to see what the quests are, and also do any collections. These are precedent to starting GE because...
  11. Recommended boost level to fight up to 50 attrition in Arctic+ ?

I found that fighting got a lot tougher in Arctic Future and I am wondering what I need to prepare myself for going forward. In previous eras, up to Future, I found that my fighting ability increased as I evolved. For example, when I first started fighting in HMA I was able to last until about...
  12. Does Alcatraz produce rogues?

I have an Alcatraz in my city that produces 14 units "of any kind that I can produce in the city". In the city I only have two types of military buildings: a Hover Tank base (my current age) and 5 Rogue Dens. I have a quest to produce 6 units of my age. So, I thought, no problem, just collect...
  13. How can I get access to healthy units when I have large numbers of units

One problem that I have is that can't access healthy units. For example, I have 700 rogues, but the interface only shows about 50 units at a time and there is no way to scroll through the units. So, once 50 of my rogues are injured, I have no obvious way to get access to the 650 rogues that are...
  14. Questions about GvG battles

Hi, I have a brief question about GvG battles. I know that if I see green swords above a tile, then it means we are besieging it and I should attack. However, sometimes I see red swords above one of our tiles, which I guess means another guild is besieging our tile. In this situation, the game...
  15. Massive forge point refund today?

This is going to sound weird, but today I log in and I find I have 3000 additional forge points in my stockpile: all my GB contributions apparently were cancelled and the FPs refunded to me. What gives? Does this happen regularly?
  16. Secrets of a Trader

Between Iron Age and Colonial I traded very actively and it was the primary way for me to make income in Forge of Empires. At one point I was running 300 listings at a time for over 15,000 goods, averaging 50 goods per trade. I was turning over about 7,500 goods per day at a 10% profit, netting...
  17. Basic Guide to Strategy for New Players

If you are new or just starting out in Forge of Empires, there is some basic strategy you should know so that you grow your city efficiently. Below I have listed many of the key elements of city planning and growth strategy to help you make your decisions as you progress. (1) The three basic...
  18. Sniping guide for new and intermediate players

If you are new to the game, or haven't quite mastered all its parts you may find the following guide to sniping useful. Sniping is contributing to GBs in such a way that you make a guaranteed profit. Usually you do this only to your neighbors because in guilds and among friends the practice is...
  19. ME Paratroopers dying fast

I recently evolved to Modern Era and one issue I have been having is that the ranged unit, the paratroopers, die really fast. Apparently this is because they parachute onto a random square on the first move. Since I almost always autoattack in GBG, basically what happens is they die on the...
  20. What is the relationship between crowns and guild prestige (if any)?

What is the relationship between crowns and prestige (if any)? For example, my understanding is that guild prestige gets recalculated every day and today our guild has 25,516 prestige. Also, from examining the buildings in my city it looks like I generate 887 crowns every day. So, does that mean...