• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. troops to use in VF GbG?

As Snake Queen alluded, it’s all about Nails in SAAB. I mostly went with 8 and exchanged a rogue for each Hammer on the Defense. The terrain is a bit dubious in SAAB where only about half your troops can reach the back line of the opposite side, and the Defense seems to have a harder time...
  2. troops to use in VF GbG?

Having multiple sectors to choose from to find optimal matchups, especially eight Ronin Bots. The problem with Hovers or even OF troops against VF is neither takes advantage of your Orangery, if you have one. Can‘t say this was my experience. I could auto in VF to 105-110 attrition before...
  3. troops to use in VF GbG?

In my opinion, VF is the last good parking age for players, especially from a GBG perspective. Rockets are maybe the most OP same age troop in the game as there are no flyers in VF. If you have 10-12 sectors to rotate opponent troop combinations through and a nicely leveled Traz, you can...
  4. The reality of probability...don't let your brain warp it

I can’t say for certain on all of the data on my sheet. Most of them are immediately collected. I can vouch that 2 of the levels that are already out of bounds are immediate collects (assuming they aren’t in fog, of course). It’s an interesting thought, though. One of those “not RNG issues...
  5. The reality of probability...don't let your brain warp it

As luck would have it, I‘ve been collecting ToR samples from several cities since CDMark posted their data. I’ll even share it for you. I was going to save it for a Christmas present once it reached 10K, but it’s close enough. I’ve added the 99% confidence intervals (lower, upper, width)...
  6. The reality of probability...don't let your brain warp it

The main reason to not cite it would be because you are either misinterpreting it or using it incorrectly. Truthfully, the only people that should be citing it are mathematicians using it as a base assumption in some other descriptive property or proof, like say Binomial Distribution. What it...
  7. The reality of probability...don't let your brain warp it

Any new feature. New ages, new GB’s, new mini-games, new events, new outputs from event buildings, etc. Everything they build that doesn’t fit into the original game elements creates risk and any shared components (maybe the battle screen for instance) that are changed could potentially create...
  8. The reality of probability...don't let your brain warp it

I generally get where you are going with this post, but I think there are a few caveats that you don’t address. 1.) The game mechanics are more complicated than flipping a coin, spinning a wheel, or rolling dice. I can’t imagine how many tables/arrays they rely on to go look-up the applicable...
  9. Pirate hideout fps percentage....scam

Yeah, that annoying hogwash they call math. Apparently, nobody has time for that when you can just say something is wrong without backing it up. Feel free to challenge any numbers that I’ve provided, with your own. Let‘s do a little thought exercise. Let’s say the probability was posted as...
  10. Pirate hideout fps percentage....scam

Upon seeing the title of this thread, it was easy to predict who would have already posted a response and know that the statistic “experts” of the forum will have let you down in a consistent and predictive format. Some form of “your sample size is too small”, “you don’t understand how the math...
  11. Alcatraz

I wouldn’t say that could “easily“ happen. Chances of getting 16 heads in 19 flips is approximately .22% or about 1 in 450. Certainly possible, but highly improbable, and real bad luck coinciding with the one of the few times you wouldn't want it to happen. Just to cover other...
  12. Spin the Wheel probabilities

This was an interesting read with a good chunk of the messages deleted. I spun around 520 times during the event, and averaged a gold just under every 7 spins. However, I did not refresh the wheel and always worked from wheels that were already in process, which means in some cases full...
  13. New World anytime soon?

I’m assuming they are new players and that the only thing they have to assess and understand is ranking. They‘re likely in some guild with light requirements with other similarly new players as they learn and grow in their game. It’s a good year before they are competitive at anything, anywhere...
  14. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Several people have made similar statements. I don’t personally have an issue remaining in diamond, but this kind of advice for those that do struggle, doesn’t make sense to me. Can somebody please explain what this looks like in practice? Because it seems quite circular: If you are limited in...
  15. New World anytime soon?

I wouldn’t join a newly created world, but I have always wondered why new players are willing to initially join and invest in worlds that are approaching 10 years old. Maybe they don’t realize the variety of worlds until they’re already too invested and they just dive right in wherever Inno...
  16. Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

I averaged just over 4 paws per board without diamonds until I had locked up a fully upgraded building, including the final upgrade that is awarded at the end of the quest line. I ran the diamond cost and decided to go for a second. After splurging for the tool package and some extra turns...
  17. Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

I am really enjoying this event. Nice change of pace from the normal mini games that just require the user to check a reference table. Those mechanics have grown stale and easy, so it is nice to see them trying different things. I would not want this for every event, but once a year, sure! Given...
  18. Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

This would be a great spot to use a windmill in column 7, row 2. Based on your grand prize, you have way overspent your tools and coins for your first 20 paws.
  19. Temple of Relics Rewards Nerfed?

There are a few problems with your logic here. 1 - Binomial distributions describe data that are theoretically infinite in scale. The math that describes the distribution of outcomes of rolling a die does so without regard to whether the die could be rolled 10,000 times, 1,000,000 times, or...
  20. Temple of Relics Rewards Nerfed?

I don’t know what to tell you other than that this is patently untrue and a clear misunderstanding of how probabilities and distribution models work. We are not testing specific ToRs, we are testing an RNG engine that produces events against a published table of probabilities. The distribution...