• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Xenosaur

Retire the Baron

I define it as something in the personality of some members, that rubs them the wrong way, Yes. Rival blindsides people, who don't like venturing into the unknown for a "rich reward", getting partway there and then finding out they can't get there in full. Yes. That's at least 1 element of the...
  2. Xenosaur

Retire the Baron

Yup.... second mouse gets the cheese. First mouse "died" by having it's neck snapped by the trap. We thank all those who did finish, and reported on the quest complexity (and where) so the rest of us could decide .... thank you all, First mice!
  3. Xenosaur

Retire the Baron

I think a lot of the pushback from players isn't about it being difficult. I fully understand BOTH sides here. I think we all do. I really think it's OK to be difficult, however, what people DO NOT LIKE is that it's has blind difficulty. They start in "good faith" but they're blind to assess...
  4. Xenosaur

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

It's most certainly sustainable - the key is: you have to commit to participate each week in GE to GE 80. I have 1 in my city now, but have 7 in inventory. I have designed, but not implemented, a multiple FT implementation of 2 or 3 (3=problematic) staggered start dates placements so as to...
  5. Xenosaur

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

Who said you can't learn important things in a forum? Thanks @Pericles the Lion ... and good luck with that dissertation. I had a great laugh :) Whether it be William Wordsworth (the poet), Les McBurney (the fireman), Amy Freeze (the meteorologist), Lord Brain (the neurologist), or Dr...
  6. Xenosaur

now that inno has lost the plot

as in "stiff as a..." or more like, bored?
  7. Xenosaur

They've lost their mind...

Thank you both, @Pericles the Lion and @Darkest.Knight. Good data point to confirm! I'm much more careful what I choose to sell now. A few "shot across the bow" from Inno (such as - revitalizing the entire settlements reward thesis...) but allowing those who sold their settlement rewards to...
  8. Xenosaur

They've lost their mind...

Correct me if I'm wrong (in the current live implementation of the Auction Dealer...), but I believe that if a SAT player and an EMA player both sell the same item, the SAT player will get more coins AND gems from the AD than the EMA player would. For example, if both sell a basic SoK (Shrine...
  9. Xenosaur

St. Patrick's Day Event problem

There is a complex dance going on in this event. You're in charge of everyone's production, speeds and cycles. It really sounds like your producers didn't cycle )produce) any shamrocks into the boat collection area in time for the boat to pick them up, leaving you with a 0 FERRY load. You...
  10. Xenosaur

Forge point made but can't collect, worst rule ever.

Exactly - necessity is the mother of INVENTion. We're more INNOVATIVE as a player community than the game "stewards" on solving thorny problems in playing. We create to solve. This game had better "harmony" as originally designed. Now? They only look tactically at their issues (mostly...
  11. Xenosaur

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

First time playing SPD in the 4 or 5 years it's been a fan-favorite event here in FoE, that I went "the distance" in tasks, to almost the bitter end. Yup. did 37 of 38 of them. Would never attempt that without Rival's deliverables, forming the backbone of the lift to those extreme levels...
  12. Xenosaur

Arc

@jmc6013 What does an Arc do? Once upon a time (in a land far far away), there was a bountiful apple farm. It had lots of apple trees and every day in the Fall, there were hundreds of apples on them. The owner obviously needed many farm staff to help pick them, because he wanted to sell them...
  13. Xenosaur

Cultural Settlement

@WillyTwoShoes you won't... but WILL (might) experience it "softly" - ie, how it will enter the game will be surreptitiously. You'll say - I think there are more rocks than "normal" and some are 2 or 3 in a group vs 1 or 2 previously, or 2 different groupings of rocks in the same 4x4 square...
  14. Xenosaur

Cultural Settlement

Recently purveyed and touted, we've also never seen the now public "strategic vision" roadmap for the game either (to my knowledge). https://support.innogames.com/kb/ForgeOfEmpires/en_DK/2816/What-does-the-future-hold-for-Forge-of-Empires-Hear-from-our-Product-Head Getting a view from the...
  15. Xenosaur

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

DO you mean that the items being rewarded have changed from Beta playing? I haven't checked them that closely, but I think in beta, this was one of the best buildings ever offered, through the standard playing achievement. Only 6 base upgrades (1+6 = 7 levels complete) make a building, and 2...
  16. Xenosaur

FPs were not given in swap threads

What if you wanted to buy a house, and you went to a bank and they offered to give you a huge loan, interest free. WOULD YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? And you're calling someone who can't do swaps "CLUELESS", yet you're self professed to be clueless and would like to stay that way? - about 1.9...
  17. Xenosaur

Trinity to Level 60, still necessary?

Yes @TheBarkKnight - that rumor is swirling a LOT more actively now... I think if it's true, it's below beta (meaning it's not yet visible there, or being "leaked") but a few people that seemingly have a historical good track record on "way advanced things" have stirred the pot a little about...
  18. Xenosaur

Trinity to Level 60, still necessary?

@JJ597 - this is rapidly becoming a "Gee, I should have had a V8" moment for the people here, and the game. Modern FoE has changed so much, and I still see this "old paradigm" of veterans telling newbies that are building new cities to get going right away with a family of old FoE Gbs... So...
  19. Xenosaur

Polynesia & Enhanced Cultural Settlements Feedback

A lot of really good points here. Well done - 2 in particular worth summarizing: Fully Agree - if Inno is overly punitive and says "NOBODY gets anything back", that's going to leave a bad taste in people's mouth that they won't work with their community members in a constructive way. Just...
  20. Xenosaur

Cultural Settlements

I don't believe it's got an actual date yet. Beta players would be the first to play the new settlement (and get the upgrades to past settlement buildings), but as far as I know, a date of release to beta hasn't been issued yet, either. I think all the hubbub so far was generated by their...