• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Aethelcatt VIII

Has the Polivation Algorithm Been Changed?

I noticed in the last few days that the sequence of auto-polivation from other players has been quite different from before. Now the the little buildings that used to be second-tier in the process, such as Golden Goal Gyros, Jumpin’ Pumpkin and Stormspire, are being prioritized over major event...
  2. Aethelcatt VIII

Limited Buildings Back in Storage

Quick question: Does the "decaying clock" continue ticking on a limited building (such as the forgotten temple) if you put it back into storage, or does it resume only when you rebuild the building in your city? I'm planning to take some time off from the game and would rather not waste the rest...
  3. Aethelcatt VIII

So, what are these new incidents that do not count as incidents?

Lately I've been seeing this new type of incidents scattered around that are shaped like wooden chests. They act just like the good old mining camps or trees with kites, but they give better rewards than those. I had always thought that they were just a new variety of incidents until today when...
  4. Aethelcatt VIII

King Statue and Royal Garden Set

My question is: Would anybody actually buy that King Statue for 10,530 trade coins and 19 gemstones when nobody wants to bid more than 672 coins on the whole set for a entire two-hour auction? :p
  5. Aethelcatt VIII

Witch doctors, shrines of inspiration, or wishing wells? (Subtraction, not addition)

Hi, all! I’m in the planning stage of putting the recently acquired old goodies--the harvest farm/field pieces--into my city and ran into a bit of a dilemma, so I’ll toss the question out here and see what the experts would say. In order to open up enough space, I’ll need to choose one of these...
  6. Aethelcatt VIII

3-ingredient Bake vs. 1-ingredient Bake

Help! I need a math expert to help me sort my brains out on this: Mathematically, a 3-ingredient bake in the fall event minigame that has a 15% chance at the daily special gives you a better shot than 3 single-ingredient bakes that each has a 10% chance because, well, three shots at 10% is still...
  7. Aethelcatt VIII

Avatars that are all the sudden all over the place

Maybe I've been sitting in my city and counting FPs for too long, so I'm losing track of what's going on in the rest of the FoE world (or rather, worlds). Just out of curiosity, what's the meaning of these new avatars, and why are there all the sudden a whole bunch of people ditching their...
  8. Aethelcatt VIII

Disappearing Neighbors: What Happened to Them?

Have you ever noticed some of your neighbors disappearing in the middle of the night, never to be seen again? I mean, like a player who had a very profitable GB project you were thinking about investing in, or one whom you had attacked before for a quest and wanted to go back later and aid, only...
  9. Aethelcatt VIII

Mishap on the Soccer Field

The match is at a critical point, and Team Æthelcatt has to score on this possession to stay in the Gold League. Barry Miller receives the ball from Paul Mason, passes it on to Dave Robinson and immediately runs to the sideline to consume his allotted 87 energy drinks. Surprisingly, Dave is...
  10. Aethelcatt VIII

Where Do Your People Live?

On the surface, my city is booming these days, with bigger and fancier buildings going up left and right. Underneath the surface, though, I’m beginning to sense a serious housing crisis brewing. Back in the days when we only had dirt trails in the city and there were no buildings more than one...
  11. Aethelcatt VIII

Has the black tower really fallen from grace to this extent?

I just dropped by the antique dealer and saw one on auction with absolutely nobody bidding on it at all, so I bought it at the base price--for fewer trade coins than what the antique dealer is willing to pay to buy it back! I mean, after all, it is still a pretty good producer even for its size...
  12. Aethelcatt VIII

Did somebody...

...manage to motivate my town hall, Tower of Babel, Galata Tower and Cathedral of Aachen? o_O ;)
  13. Aethelcatt VIII

Farewell to my new friends from the Archaeology Event

Hello, everybody! First time posting on this forum, and I’d like to introduce to you a few of my new friends—old-nemesis-turned-new-friends, to be exact. Folks: please meet Larry, Harry, Gary, Joe, and their supporting catapults, Hillary and Ivanka (Hillary is the one on the left when they get...