• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Will wrap this debate up: You just said: "Since there is no time basis other than locked/unlocked, time is proven to be an independent and irrelevent variable. It doesn't matter if the sector unlocks after 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 78 minutes, or 4 hours. They unlock when they unlock...
  2. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

OK just to shorten this up and for the fun of debate. You've stated in your simulations: "I'm sorry to say that shortening the lock time will have no effect on GBG other than to require players to be online in GBG more" and that You "used 8 equal guilds, only three of which really matter in...
  3. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Well I don't have GBG simulator, but I can tell you if you input "all" of the "variables" you will see the outcome is much different, To start there are 5 other Guilds not being accounted for. You can't leave out negotiating , the current "fort Knox" lock out design will be penetrable into the...
  4. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Not possible would be my argument (but a test would need to be done), as all you need to do is disrupt one of the sectors a guild needs for SC support as a Guild needs X amount of support for 0% attrition, since you can not defend or retake a sector you own then A the competition takes it , B...
  5. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

A few adjustments are not a “complete overhaul” the current system is in other words flawed, it is obvious, and all know this. In an 8-guild competition why should it be possible for 2 Guilds to lock out all other competition, the “system” is now only 25% participation. I do not rely on a...
  6. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

To read between the lines here, what you are saying is it would make GBG "more challenging" and even "bigger" top tier guilds with a full 80 man roster would see difficulty? smaller guilds can grow in manpower if they choose. I'm certain your doubts are facts.
  7. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Simply having more players in a guild or on every 4 hours than your opponent is not "competitive" , so ok grow a full roster/coordinate more people on than opponent -check! Alliance with another top guild on the map so you now have double the players than each opponent-check! I don't see the...
  8. When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

My idea was flagged to DNS as to be better suited for a feedback thread instead, Not saying Inno will make any changes to the current GBG system, I agree the matching algorithm could use a little tweaking and also mixing worlds like GE I read sounds interesting as I've seen others mention that...