• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Another GvG question:

Do defending armies regenerate over time, or do they have to be replaced to recover full strength?
  2. GvG question

Why do sectors sometimes (apparently randomly) become "free" without any action having been taken? Is there a way to prevent this?
  3. Missing GB icon?

I've noticed a few times lately that the GB icon is missing from the neighborhood/guild bar - see below. When it's gone, it's gone from all three tabs, and closing and reloading the browser doesn't help. Any ideas why this happens, or how to reset it?
  4. Battle scoring inconsistency?

I am seeing different scoring, and don't understand why. Here are three screenshots that show what I'm asking about. First, I fought a low-level 'hoodie to get the score screen to come up - note the score (1,174,307):
  5. Kraken and CF - optimum levels?

What are the optimum levels for a Kraken and/or CF? What's the math behind them? Right now I have CF at 50 and Kraken at 58, and I'm wondering if I should keep pushing them or let them be and work on BG instead (currently L14). Thoughts?
  6. Settlement buildings?

I just wrapped up the Royal Bathhouse, and already have the Yggdrasil. Both seem to be really good uses of space (at least in LMA). The question, naturally, is which to do next - Mughal or Japan? Both seem to be goods-focused, and maybe not as much help for fighting. Am I missing...
  7. Goods buildings

Is there any reason to continue to keep goods buildings around once you have a solid set of event buildings, or are they just wasted space? Are there any goods-producing GBs that need a current-age goods building to function, similar to how Traz needs a troop building?
  8. Guild rules survey

OK, a few questions about guild rules. What do you think are reasonable requirements? Here are a few to start: > Level 80 Arc / Level 80 Statue of Honor / Level 40 Observatory: The guild needs goods revenue in order to participate in GE/GbG, so this seems reasonable to me...but at what...
  9. Advancing to LMA....?

I'm starting to consider moving up from HMA to Late Middle Ages in my main city, but I'm not quite sure if I'm really ready. Current attack boost is 480/527. I think I can get it a bit higher, but that's roughly where I'm going to be until I get some new event buildings, and space has become a...
  10. Guild goods vs. freeloading

Question: About how much in daily goods is a reasonable expectation from a guild? At what point is a player "freeloading", i.e. it costs more to keep them then they are paying in? A lot of guilds state requirements like "L80 Arc + L8 SoH + L20 Obs"....but the reality is that if you have a...
  11. WW & FoY opinions, please...?

Background: I have two cities intended to function as diamond producers, and clearly collect as many WWs and FoYs there as I can. However, I also have a reasonable number in my two main cities, and I'm starting to become space-constrained in both of them, and looking for the next round of...
  12. Neighborhood question

I just looked over the new neighborhood....and it's tough. All but maybe two of the new neighbors are at least one age above me. How/why does this happen? Normally I expect most of the 'hood t be at the same level as I am......what gives?
  13. Ad removal threshhold?

I think that the thread title is self-explanatory.
  14. Knight's Pavilion?

What is everyone's opinion of the Knight's Pavilion? It seems to me to be incredibly efficient as a unit generator - 2 per day in 4 squares! I just scored 10 of them in my primary word, and now trying to decide if I should start tossing some defense towers or even SoKs overboard to make room...
  15. What next?

Looking for GB advice (again). I'm in HMA, and already have Zeus, CdM, CoA, HC, Traz, LoA, Terracotta, Arc81, Galata, ToR, Inno, CF, and AO. I'm thinking that my next GB needs to be either Kraken or Blue Galaxy, giving some help with fighting or with goods. Thoughts? Am I on the right path...
  16. Arctic Future troops in Industrial Age?!?!?!?

I am in High Middle Ages (Langendorn). I went in to PVP and selected a fight against an Industrial Age player with a very low defense rating (35/20%, IIRC). Here's what I got: How can this happen? I fought him twice just to make sure it wasn't a one-off glitch.
  17. AO or Kraken?

I already have Zeus, CdM, CoA, HC, Traz, Terracotta, Arc80, Galata, ToR, Inno. I'm thinking that my next GB needs to be either Kraken or AO, giving some help with fighting while also giving FPs. Currently in HMA. Thoughts? Am I on the right path, or would Frontenac be a better choice?
  18. Refined goods - direct production?

I understand that the Sleigh Builder produces refined goods above Modern Age. Are there any other buildings that directly produce refined goods, or is SB the only one?
  19. Settlement timing question

Is it possible to complete the Viking settlement and get the gold bonus without spending diamonds? I've spent a lot of time on these, and while I can sometimes get bronze, silver is just barely out of reach and gold appears to be mathematically impossible (unless you happen to hit a bunch of...
  20. The inevitable "Which GB next" question.....

I have more space than buildings, and am looking at adding another GB. So far I have my Arc at 69, Zeus, CdM, CoA, and TA all at 10, LoA and Galata for goods, and ToR. I have Inno, which allowed me to clear out all of my residential buildings, leaving some open space. My attack is 230/215...