• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Callaway SantAnna 2021

what's the best way to gain points

One possible explanation is that they pushed their points up with higher-era goods donations to the guild treasury. They also might just negotiate a lot.
  2. Callaway SantAnna 2021

Are there any other GBs that I should work on before pushing my Arc to 130?

Here's the GB list that I have so far: I'm only interested in increasing my attack boost, guild goods, and units so I could help out the guild when it comes to GBG, so Cape is off the table, and probably BG until I get at least 5 fully-upgraded Statues of Honor.
  3. Callaway SantAnna 2021

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

To get back on the topic of balancing GBG, I think one way to make checkerboarding (which seems to be the concern on many worlds since it locks out the guilds not in the checkerboard agreement) more difficult and promote strategies that require more guilds to get involved with the action is to...
  4. Callaway SantAnna 2021

Well I have no more attack buildings to put in, so the next best thing to put in that space is ballista camps. But yes, I was trying to fast-fight at 35 attrition. Perhaps doing 1,000 fights a day also does the trick.
  5. Callaway SantAnna 2021

I tried your method of just leveling a Traz, but even that's not enough. This GBG season starting with 31 Ballista barracks, a level 71 Traz, and 2.5k unattached ballista, I lost over a thousand unattached ballista in 5.5 days. If I didn't have barracks, I would be losing a lot more. If you...
  6. Callaway SantAnna 2021

I'll have to agree with @Pericles the Lion here. It depends on what world you're in, but in Tuulech (US19), it is very easy to join a top GBG guild once you have a level 80 Arc. I joined my current guild after 3 months of playing, and we're strong enough to checkerboard the map 5+ times/day...
  7. Callaway SantAnna 2021

Good Job Inno

As somebody who helps in managing the guild treasury, anybody who produces more than 3k guild goods from city collection is a strong player.
  8. Callaway SantAnna 2021

Feedback for update 1.222

That is the "go to person's city so you can find something to plunder b/c you won a battle against your neighbor" button.
  9. Callaway SantAnna 2021

Cultural Settlements and Farms

Like diamond farms? Well if you want to turn them into efficient wishing well farms, you want to have as much space for wishing wells. Once you have the city ready to do GE4, you only need one GB to dump FPs into, which is usually a Zeus or a Blue Galaxy. Doing settlements sounds like a ton...
  10. Callaway SantAnna 2021

The inevitable "Which GB next" question.....

That is probably why your Arc progress has been so slow. It's cheaper to get your Arc at the lower levels through a 1.9 thread and then taking cheap p5s. Swapping takes a while especially if your members have different FP incomes. You could set up a non-guild powerleveling thread but that is...
  11. Callaway SantAnna 2021

The inevitable "Which GB next" question.....

Very possible in a generous guild. In an effort to get some new blood in their guild, one guild in Tuulech had some high Arcs boost up a member's Arcs from 8 to 80. The low-level Arc owner got his BPs by paying break-even cost on 5th place on a powerlevel. I got my Arc from 0 to 80 in 37 days...
  12. Callaway SantAnna 2021

GVG is crap

Sorry, I should have clarified. SAAB and SAM players can reliably fast fight against any DA. Other eras can fight too depending on what the DAs are.
  13. Callaway SantAnna 2021

GVG is crap

Not really true at all. SAM and SAAB players can fight and break sieges in AA, while anybody Iron Age and above can refill DAs in-between enemy sieges. My guild who is #1 on the AA map has a couple of Iron Age and EMA campers who assist us in AA action over there. Being in the higher eras just...
  14. Callaway SantAnna 2021

GVG is crap

I love my face of the ancient upgrades and gate of the sun god upgrades, especially since I don't have money to spend on events.
  15. Callaway SantAnna 2021

[Question] Any advice on gaining guild members?

If the 1.9 thread is too slow in-guild, set your members up with a cross-guild 1.9 thread.
  16. Callaway SantAnna 2021

Chatoue frontenac is overpowerd

Upper platinum can be very profitable in terms of FPs, especially if you're the big fish in the pond. I've heard plenty of stories of players moving from a top 3 GBG-strength guild to a guild that bounces between lower diamond and upper platinum, and they have gotten twice the fights they would...
  17. Callaway SantAnna 2021

CF greatly interferes with other people's games, although in less apparent ways. The number of level 50+ CFs in an era can greatly change the landscape of the most active goods traders. Goods in quantities that were unfathomable to obtain before a high level CF could be dumped into the guild...
  18. Callaway SantAnna 2021

When to move from Bronze Age to Iron Age?

I've stayed in Iron Age for about 7 months, and I'm probably not moving out until I hit 100M points. Already almost 70% the way there. The big disadvantage in Iron Age (sort of contingent on the lack of space) is that you will want to aim for "efficient" event buildings for attack, which means...
  19. Callaway SantAnna 2021

I utilize the spend FPs when I contribute to GBs and then fulfill a UBQ in-between. Because my CF is a high-enough level for Iron Age, the coins and supplies rewards are boosted enough so it covers the cost of the UBQ. For sniping, I use 1 RQ, and for the 1.9 thread, sometimes I take 1st place...
  20. Callaway SantAnna 2021

There are 8 RQs in the Iron Age RQ cycle, and we will be using 2 of the 8 RQs, so 3 aborts per RQ completed. With 2000 aborts, one can complete about 666.66 quests. There is a 5/14 chance you get goods, and for a level 78 CF, you make 30 goods in the reward. So the expected value would be...