• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. KeenWise

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

Thanks Uber! I was hoping that would be the answer. On C2 I got all the way to the Future map with just Progressive tanks. But I did not want to poison this trip to Hovertown by assuming I could stop PME quests before Truth and Dare... Though that PME champ is very tempting...
  2. KeenWise

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, and especially if it has been asked and answered often. But as I work my way faithfully on D2 following the guide (a lot more fun than my C2 deviation, lol, which has left me opining on the joys of CA life), I now wonder how quickly I can stop...
  3. KeenWise

I know there is a warning in post #5, and i can't be the only person to have mentioned this, but the PME troops description (post #4) almost makes it seem safe to do truth or dare, especially late at night, lol. so I just thought I would suggest a warning be added at that point in the guide --...
  4. KeenWise

Thanks Xiv, Ben! Good advice.
  5. KeenWise

Lol, editing my question -- I see questions about stacking (attack-side) defense or attack boosts after getting all the higher age troops -- but which event building (in any event) would you most value to assist you while still trekking for higher age troops? I am in Colonial and about to jump...
  6. KeenWise

This is wonderful!
  7. KeenWise

Assuming I do race to Indy and park at the start of it... :) I could get the mil from the three options in Indy before/equal-to Police Station. I could get the prod from the three options in Indy before/equal-to Police Station. I could get res from HMA town houses. ... Then to get regular...
  8. KeenWise

Yeah, tell me about it -- that's me on Carthage, lol. I decided to leave that world in CA -- CA is a lot more fun to me now than it ever was on other worlds because of the size of that city and all the attack boosts I filled it with. :) But I do not want that at all on D2. I am at Win More...
  9. KeenWise

I had been wondering whether my next world would just be a well world... Well, maybe it will be an Indy Turturret world!!! Thanks, Xiv. :) Still have to get the Hovers in this one, lol. Any opinions on when is the best time to age up to Indy? I do not want to short circuit any of the techs I...
  10. KeenWise

New world... new tower ruin quest. #resumeresearch...fast. Hey! I could, just maybe, win a tower ruin in the last days of the current event, right? I have not seen anyone mention it in this thread, but I can hope, right? :) If people win police stations.... why not ruins?
  11. KeenWise

Thank you both! By province would help fill in detail, but the broad brush strokes you both have painted for me are much appreciated, too.
  12. KeenWise

lol, well, hmmm. glad i came back after the diamond dust had settled. ;) so how many 200% deals is that, lol. :) i have one 200%er and a few thousand wells. so this will be a long term project. i think most prudent to finish TE fighting, which means i will raise my attack boosts to reduce the...
  13. KeenWise

Okay been away a long time (for me), and am wondering how many diamonds I need to neg the FE provinces? Anyone got a handy table of diamond-neg prices by map and province? If yes, I will take TE through OF, please. I have decided to stay in CA in this C2 world, come hover or no. If I am...
  14. KeenWise

You can do it with just the plain old Prog tank (and diamond repairs), too, if your attack boosts are high enough (both sides of attack).
  15. KeenWise

Cultural Settlements Guide (v2.204)

A funny thing happened on my way to my second Aztec completion... When I did the first settlement I missed Gold by a day. Now I am on the last quest, the 20's of each good, and I have almost three full days left. The main differences between this settlement and the first -- this time I had done...
  16. KeenWise

Thanks, Ben. I have come so far in CA... :) Makes me wonder whether I should just go for broke and stay in CA on this world. At best I will find some undiscovered trigger maybe on one of the Futures. At worst, I will have a kick ass CA world, that I eventually let grow into a very fat wells...
  17. KeenWise

As for the chart, I did not want to add to all the work you already do for us :) But your summary paints the picture pretty well. One or two questions, though: That's from the guide section on FE troops. Is "Old Acquaintance" a story quest? Exoskeletons are not as cool as hovers, of course...
  18. KeenWise

Thank you for asking. :) My story quest is "The Peace Conference." I have 2 RQ slots. Only a few TE provinces left, and I am slowing down because I want to generate a table, if one does not exist already. @UBERhelp1 is there a table showing each achievable higher age troop and whether that...
  19. KeenWise

no... at least not yet :) but while i am still moving on tank treads through TE, the good news is that quests can still be triggered... and i still hope a troop quest might be triggered by the time i am ready to take the first FE province.
  20. KeenWise

OMG! I just triggered it by taking Rio Roxo while in Colonial Age! And thank you to @ODragon, too -- his careful documentation of the first Rio-Roxo triggered quest, Gadgeteer, has saved me so much grief! I had not seen a single side quest in ages, literally and figuratively, so I aborted...