• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

“What will Tomorrow Bring?” - Tomorrow Era – Forum Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8861

View attachment 1117

“What will Tomorrow Bring?” - Tomorrow Era –

Contest Winners -

GRAND PRIZE Winner – 500 Diamonds - Kasperhauser

Other prizes -

1. Most creative (200 Diamonds) - Warvenya
2. Funniest (200 Diamonds) - Balrugger
3. Best use of Tomorrow Era items (200 Diamonds) - Reconjack

We also decided on two honorable mention prizes for Arilynsky and Grimlock2123.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16411

I envision virtual reality theatres.
I envision teleporters.
I envision time machines

DeletedUser10641

I will like to see floating buildings. In the exploration Map, we can put the Moon and the underwater as new areas for exploration. You can put the Hubble telescope as a floating Great Building. If you put flying cars can make new floating roads.

DeletedUser11841

My Swingline

The future will be run by robots, and I'll be working in their basement filing their TPS reports, with nothing but my red Swingline and 37 pieces of flair!

Sir Buttercup - Cirgard

DeletedUser

From a game standpoint, I'd like to see more importance given to building some GBs, where either one would give you so much, but adding a second (different) one would unlock other benefits that could only be achieved if you built both of them. For example, Having the Tower of Babel adds population and Hagia Sophia gives you happiness, but having both would give you a 4% boost in attack or defense (this is only an example). It would make building both buildings more meaningful and important. My example uses GBs of different ages on purpose, as it would give you something to look forward to in the future.

DeletedUser

ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

DeletedUser17849

There will be holosuites where you can go anywhere, be anyone, do anything, without ever actually "leaving".
Robot house maids, intergalactic species come together to live together, flying cars
Deep space missions as if they were normal walks in the park

DeletedUser8414

A cross between "Cherry 2000", sex robots, working robots; "Star Wars", Speeders, Droids and laser Weapons; with a touch of the "Jetson's", housing, meals, and vacuum shoots, for transportation between floors in buildings! Should be a fun place! LOL

Jody

DeletedUser

Cyborg Hospitals
Space Elevators
Starports
Corporation Skyscrapers
Government Surveillance
Night/Day
Weather
Lighting Effects at night
Rare Extraterrestrial Goods
Riots

lavty

In the age of Tomorrow, amid corporate corruption and political treason, Comandante Viroz hopes to reign as the final dictator of the New Forge Order. Meanwhile, the aging billionaire Pietro Escovar begins using his new Dynamic Tower to add nutritional pesticides to the world food supply. Yay arctic flounder tomatoes! The traitors in media believe that Tomorrow looks most promising for Miranda D. Feroz who is currently under investigation for deleting her CE mail server days before TE released.

-------
Lavty
Greifental

Last edited:

DeletedUser17759

I see. I may write a short story. Can you post the quest information for us so we know what these characters are doing? Not everyone is in the Tomorrow Era, etc.

P.S.: why do the cars all move like Granny in Looney Tunes?

DeletedUser12926

Tomorrow will bring advancements to our already amazing technology. We already have a good grasp of nutritional science but further nutrition research will discover exactly what the preservatives and artificial flavorants in our convenience foods from our burger booths and other fast food joints truly does to the body. We already are heavy into recycling but we will be able to take it one step farther by taking our recycled materials and transforming into smart materials. They are made from 100% recycled materials and will be able to fix themselves! So clothing made from smart material will be 100% recycled cotton polyester blend that when torn will stitch itself back together!! How cool!
We already starting to learn what 3D printers can do, but tomorrow we will add fusion power to 3D printers and be able to print everything we need from make artificial organs to Pod Homes and Capsule Hotels. We will stop using plastics and be dependent on oil because we will start using Translucent concrete with our printers. Translucent concrete will be lightweight like plastic, strong like concrete, and as opaque as glass, but being a smart material - Translucent concrete can go from see-thru to smoked out privacy with just a flick of a switch!

We will be safer and more peaceful community because we will have a security that is world class. It will center around a surveillance nexus of independent surveillance cameras operated by private security agencies and if there ever was a concern it would be investigated by standard surveillance drones. in the rare event a security breach occurs the private security agents will be able to dispatch combat drones that are caple of handling and dealing with a long list of possible threats.

All this will be capable in the years of tomorrow as we continue to invest in Clean energy for a Clean Future

EquineGal - Brisgard

DeletedUser16285

"What Will Tomorrow Bring" Contest story

Tomorrow we will be focusing on FUSION POWER, RECYCLED MATERIALS, HIGH TECH MATERIALS and WIRELESS POWER TRANSMISSIONS to create the newest amazing CAPSULE HOTELS. Make contact with Pietro Escovar to help you with the INDUSTRIAL DESIGN. Please make sure you use your STEALTH TECHNOLOGY when you are out enjoying the NIGHTLIFE, to avoid any possible DRONE attack from COMANDANTE VIROZ, he may use ARMOR PIERCING SHELLS. We will arm you with COMBAT DRONES for your own PHYSICAL SECURITY, so that you may RECLAIM YOUR LAND. Also be aware that MIRANDA DELORES FEROZ may use OFF ROAD TACTICS to SURVEY your activity.

The Great I Am - Mount Killmore

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Orwell rolls in his grave with a smug satisfaction, knowing that he called it 70 years ago. The days of anonymity are extinct and the Machine of Empire trudges methodically along. Systematic control and submission are the New World Order and all obey whether they know it or not. Each keystroke is monitored and every action recorded so that creative thought becomes an abhorrent concept and privacy is akin to treason. Fundamental acquiescence to all ordained by those that decide our path is as natural as mother's milk and we endeavor merrily, unknowing and blind. As capitalist channels change so do our collective minds until nothing is left but p.i.n. numbers and autistic reflex.
Conformity is a sought after commodity. Submission is more prized than platinum. Assimilation has become ritualistic. Breaking from the herd is the new taboo and those that dare are hunted with the same ferocity as once experienced by any that opposed the church. Sinners revel in their numbers. Never before has the world seen a broader base for aspersions to be cast upon. To even momentarily think in terms of autonomic proprietorship of self is to be castigated and partitioned as though you are a leper. Leagues of disenfranchised huddle and hide, trepidatious of tomorrow. To think is to commit ritual suicide. To create is to abort. To rebel is to impregnate an economy bent on bankrupting our future. Evil Empire revolves and basks in perpetuity.

DeletedUser

Tomorrow will bring wars, wars and MORE wars. The technology will combine man & machine. The wars can be humans vs. humans, humans vs. aliens, etc.
In the year of 3616, the daleks and the cybermen (see Doctor Who) will invade the Earth, destroyed from wars, made of deserts, and gaps in the ground from the spaceships of the humans who ran away from Earth. Yes, The world will be destroyed. But I believe that in the year of 13054 a human colony will re-appear on the earth, but it will be like The Planet of Apes.

DeletedUser11616

Grimlock2123
Dunarsund World

Powered by Recycled Papercrete the Fusion Power Reactor hummed when activated. Pietro Escovar watched as the Smart Materials headed down the chute, into the Vacuumed Chamber. His palms became sweaty as he anticipated the outcome. Sweat slowly slid down the side of his face. "This just has to work," he thought.

Wearing a dark gray jacket with a lightly patterned black skirt, Miranda Dolores Feroz, adjusted the fake glasses and spoke with a labored fake French accent, "Pahr-dohn Monsieur Escovar. Is there anything you might need? Yes?"

Escovar barely looked at her as he waved her away. He didn't know someone like her had managed to join his company so flawlessly. Someone whose interest wasn't in his best interest.

Miranda watched Pietro. She hated to admit it but he was handsome in a roguish way. He had a strong jawline and was impeccably dressed. For the briefest fraction of a second, her heart fluttered....then she jerked her head to the right as the Vacuumed Chamber began to hiss as the doors opened.

Pietro stood frozen as the doors opened. It seemed like time was frozen as he wait. And waited. And waited. Finally, the conveyor belt moved and he saw the shiny glimmer of metal. Smart metal. It looked to be like a tiny futuristic helicopter! Pietro rushed to the machine and looked at it in awe. His hands shook as he gingerly picked it up. A Combat Drone prototype! He could almost feel a tiny heartbeat within the machine!

"Uh, excuse me, Mr. Escovar, but the wireless power transmitor is done." The tall, slim, nerdy looking engineer held out his hand, palm up. There was a small circular disk on his palm. Pietro snatched the disc from his hand and gazed at it. It seemed to radiate power! Turning over the drone, he saw where the disc belonged. His hand shook ever so slightly as he inserted it. He blinked as the disc seemingly disappeared into the drone! "Where'd it go?" asked Pietro.

"Sir, the disc becomes incorporated into the drone until the power is exhausted."

Pietro smiled, "Excellent!"

As the engineer handed Pietro a small rectangular device. It had multiple button and switches for such a small thing. He pushed the one that said Voice Activation. The drone hummed to life. "Hover" he commanded and the drone floated upward. SUCCESS! "Visual of Ms Feroz" he ordered. He smiled as the three-dimensional image of Ms. Feroz was formed by the interference of light beams of the internal laser. "Wonderful hologram!" Pietro wanted to clap his hands in joy but instead reached out to touch the perfect hologram image in front of him.

Pietro's mind whirled. So far this was a success but there needed to be more tests. This tiny drone would be able to spy on his enemies and his friends. Well, if he had friends. But most important was the next phase of the drone test. That would be to incorporate the stealth technology used in the tanks into the drone along with the capabilty to fire Armor Piercing Shells. Pietro smiled as he thought of the destruction he could potentially bring upon his enemy, Comandante Viroz!

Pietro dismissed both Ms. Feroz and the engineer. Gazing lovingly at the drone, he smiled in anticipation of what Tomorrow would bring.............

DeletedUser10707

With the Tomorrow era will usher in a new age for mankind. With the expansion of space exploration humans will have already traveled to Mars and started planet terraformation and colonization. The moon will become the first to be colonized by humans with. Shortly after Mars will be terraformed to be a similar to Earth as possible and people will be migrating to its surface. Space transportation will be the next wonder, trips between the Earth, the Moon and Mars will become common place.

Though all of this takes place after a world peace treaty that prohibits any further wars to occur on Earth and the Enviromental Cleaning Act comes into play. With this act cleaning up the atmosphere, oceans and halting and possibly reversing the melting of the polar ice caps comes to pass. But though all seems well it is not, to keep wars from happening all goverments set up intergrated securcity systems tied to orbital satellites keep constant watch on all the denizens of Earth. An though peace on Earth has been 'acheived' there is still inequality and 'racism' that exists.

With the expanding to the stars, those on Earth see those born on the Moon or Mars inferior to them; as do those who live on the Moon view those who are born on Mars to be inferior to them. Eventally the animosity between the three cause violence to errupt in the form of lynchings and public segregation between those who where born on the said home world and those who immigrated or are just visiting. This unfortunatly leads to a three way war between the three, with no definate outcome. Only a taxing on resources and lose of life and destruction of ships and resorces that leave floating graveyards consisting of debrie from destroyed ships and cargo to human bodies that have yet to be retrieved.

DeletedUser17291

Flying cars
War Robot
Floating building
I will like Hubble Telescope for Great builing, and exploration map, we can put moon, or planets for area exploration
Hikmah-Parkog

DeletedUser

A Day to Remember............

My eyes awaken as a gentle aria plays in my ear. A call from a girl thru my implanted speaker phone. The brief conversation has fully awakened me. I turn my head to the media box on the retractable nightstand. "Ham, eggs, toast, black coffee and of course grape jelly on the toast. Oh, yeah, some sweetened grits." I whisper into the mic.
I arise out of bed stepping into my slippers placed by the eurovac and I'm immediately wrapped into my silk robe by my robobutt. As I enter the dining room, I tell the media center which 9 satellite stations to put on the wall viewer. After breakfast I shower in my auto shower, perfectly tempertured for my taste. After showering and dressing, I head to the garage to go to voluntary job. I've chosen to go to work rather than work at home as most people do today. My transport hovers over the garage floor. I speak one word "slavepit" immediately the vehicle moves out of the garage and zooms into the sky taking me to work. Flying automatically above the many 100 story sky rises below me, I pass the moonavator, which transports commuters back and forth to the moon suburbias.

The world peace government keeps control of all flying vehicles. It's been over 10 years since a single people accident. I am at leisure reading morning communication news as I notice an ad for the next trip to the Saturn Rings. Deep space travel has become common place since safety standards are placed so high. Another side ad shows matrimonial matching for 100% perfect mate. I arrive at work and greeted by the newly hired alien. The old one could not pronounce our language too well. This one is much better!
All my work in automated, so there is not much to do but monitor. Sometimes I insert data on a floating screen which I take to lunch to keep monitoring. As I approach the speaker, I decide what I want and tell the automized chef what I want and it is perfectly prepared for my taste which it has on file.
My personal computer is connected to the ear implant for videos. I call my girlfriend in Paris and tell her I'm coming over for dinner. Distances that far can be made by my personal vehicle, but is quicker with the public transporter, which transports a person anywhere in the world in seconds.
After dinner I visit for awhile then return back to my home city. While transporting myself home I see flashes in the sky from the intergalactic war happening in deep space. Lazers travel really far and a misplaced firing hits the upper atmosphere screen designed to protect us from it and the sun's ultraviolet rays.
I think of some of the other advances our civilization has made. Flying hovercraft subs. Genetically engineered plants and trees with a rainbow of colors. Enough food for the world thru farm advancements. Psychological treatments that has made the world a safe humane place to live. Eye, ear and organ rejuvenation and if that don't work, manufacturing of those organs.

Arriving home at end of day, I'm thankful for my good fortune and health. A prepared snack before heading to bed and planning the weekend at the underwater biodome on the Pacific floor with my best girl and buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.