• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

1.9 Thread positions.

Some of us in my guild have been having this discussion about taking lower spots on building in the 1.9 before the higher one is taken. I wanted to get some outside opinions. Example. P3 and P4 are listed. What are your thoughts of P4 being taken before P3?? Does that leave P3 open for a sniper to take it for less?? Some say yes so say no. And GO.

Ebeondi Asi

Never take a lesser position before a higher one.
As Sharmon wrote doing do leaves the owner open to snipers. Most Guilds I have been in would say the person taking a lower position, if GB gets sniped would have to pay back the owner of the GB for any losses.
This is also why I boot any Friends who add random bunches of FPs to one of my GBs. (unless they actually take the next correct position at 1.9) .. all it does is create greater opportunites for snipers.

DreadfulCadillac

Well generally on the 1.9 threads I'm on, you remove the spots you are taking from the 1.9 list, or if you are posting your GB you add the spots you are offering to the list. As a general rule, you don't take lower spots until the higher ones are filled. Not filling higher up spots first can allow for snipers at times, as such it is important to never take lower spots before the higher spots are filled.

Cyrus the Adequate

The higher position can be sniped for 1/2 - 1 FP of the value of the lower position filled if the upper position was already locked by the owner.
Thanks for pointing that out. I have done this a time or two; thinking about it from that perspective, I should probably stop.

That said, though, don't you normally only post the ones that are already locked?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Thanks for pointing that out. I have done this a time or two; thinking about it from that perspective, I should probably stop.

That said, though, don't you normally only post the ones that are already locked?
Yes, but if someone locks 3-5, and you take 4 before 3 is filled, then 3 can be sniped at a loss.

Some people even lock the whole building before asking for donors on the 1.9x thread. Not a good idea in my opinion for them to be doing that in the first place, but if you then take positions out of order it just exacerbates the sniping issue.

Sharmon the Impaler

There is also the bane of FoE to consider , the tandem snipe on fully locked GBs posted. One person deliberately fills the lower position (3 is most common) and then a second person "snipes" them. Locking both positions but causing the owner to lose half the value of the lower. Eg 1 is 400 , 2 is 200 , 3 is 100. 3 is filled first at 1.9 , 2 is then filled at 99 FP profit and locked in. 3 is now filled fully with very few that will "rescue" at above 1.92 with the both of them splitting the 99 FP profit. This rises exponentially at the higher levels of course.