• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

1.9 Threads and low level GBs

Sheriff Of Rottingham

We recently started a 1.9 thread in my guild, and as we are a very relaxed play-at-your-own-pace guild, I have a number of people with low level GBs. (<lvl20) And I am curious about the cost effectiveness and sustainability of trying to use a 1.9 thread with lower level GBs that require so much FP from the owner to prime the GBs for locking. Any thoughts from the folks with lots of experience with 1.9 threads? Or if this has already been discussed on here, feel free to link it and tell me "this has been discussed to death...blah blah blah"

DeletedUser32973

It kind of depends. I prime my low level GBs all the way from level 0 just because I'm pretty lazy. I think in general it's more efficient to swap fp for the low levels though. Of course if you're never getting rewards from swap threads then you might as well prime (or make a small swap group).

DeletedUser29726

1.9 threads are fine for low level GBs.

Not everyone will like to use them for their low level buildings, but the only way you do better via swaps from a FP perspective is if you're screwing someone else over (usually the members who care the least and take the swap thread even when they're not likely to get anything out of it). On low level buildings (<10) though the difference isn't so huge to be crucial as they don't offer much for FP rewards anyways.

There are blueprints as a consideration as well before you have the high level arc to participate actively in the 1.9 thread yourself for higher spots but you can probably take 4ths/5ths at 1.9 and a minor FP loss for blueprints and still come out ahead of using your building in a swap thread.

Salsuero

Well, since it's a "play at your own pace" guild, the pace will probably be slow. But, if they want the reward spots maxed out at 190%, then they will just have to be ok with it taking some time for each level. But the technique isn't any different than any other level -- other than the ones that start out being profitable, and need more babysitting to prevent sniping, but those don't happen until the 30s and you're not asking about those. If the concern is in self-donating instead of using swap threads, it only matters if the GB owners are seeking to grow their own FP inventory or if they're seeking blueprints. If that's the case, maybe they'd be better served by regular swap threads and hoping they get a reward once in a while... or swapping with a partner or several in order to trade blueprints. But, if not, and as long as they are using the FPs from the bar and not inventory, I think it's the best way to level buildings, personally speaking.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Well, since it's a "play at your own pace" guild, the pace will probably be slow. But, if they want the reward spots maxed out at 190%, then they will just have to be ok with it taking some time for each level. But the technique isn't any different than any other level -- other than the ones that start out being profitable, and need more babysitting to prevent sniping, but those don't happen until the 30s and you're not asking about those. If the concern is in self-donating instead of using swap threads, it only matters if the GB owners are seeking to grow their own FP inventory or if they're seeking blueprints. If that's the case, maybe they'd be better served by regular swap threads and hoping they get a reward once in a while... or swapping with a partner or several in order to trade blueprints. But, if not, and as long as they are using the FPs from the bar and not inventory, I think it's the best way to level buildings, personally speaking.
my concern is the affordability of self donation for folks that don't have level 80 Arcs. I have one, and have a pretty decent stockpile. 5 others in my guild have them also, but the other folks I don't know if they can afford to spend you know 400 FP or so to prime their GBs for the 1.9 thread.

RazorbackPirate

Sounds to me like your guild might not be ready for a 1.9 thread, you may want to start with 1.85x thread to help guildies build a good FP inventory.

Kranyar the Mysterious

1.85 thread means you prime GBs so they can be locked with 1.85 bonus, and anyone with higher than 1.85 makes a profit?
Yes. 1.8 or 1.85 threads work better for developing guilds. I actually prefer 1.85 threads in general over 1.9 (so long as there aren't many Arcs leveled above 90 in a guild) because those that only place buildings on the thread don't get all the benefit, and those who only put fp on buildings on the thread don't take a huge profit. It is very balanced between givers and takers, those that do both equal out.

This also helps level 80 Arcs build up a bigger fp pool which helps everyone in the guild by allowing them to donate more, and allows those with a level 70 Arc to participate at break even.

I also prefer to have the threads set up so if you want to place a building you either have to take at least one spot on a building already posted or wait until the thread is empty. This helps keep the thread moving.

Salsuero

my concern is the affordability of self donation for folks that don't have level 80 Arcs. I have one, and have a pretty decent stockpile. 5 others in my guild have them also, but the other folks I don't know if they can afford to spend you know 400 FP or so to prime their GBs for the 1.9 thread.

I said it would be slow. If they use their hourly freebies, collection, and anything else that fills the bar, it only takes time to prime a GB. If they want the 190% donations, they only need to be patient. It's not a matter of being able to afford it since we're given a free FP every hour. It may take a while, but if they don't want to wait, then the 190% thread isn't for them.

The real concern should be whether or not your Arc owners have enough inventory of FPs to donate to the 190% thread without there being a significant delay. If they're primed right, 1st place shouldn't ever be a sniping issue (since any sniper would be putting at least 190% to lock 1st anyways), but 2nd place is often sniper bait for a bit less than 190%, so that could be "stolen" for a lower donation if not taken quickly enough.