• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

1.9 Threads

Checking in with an update and a follow-up question.

I have since changed guilds and the current one has a few players engaged in a 1.9 thread, which I have been invited to participate in. I have 8/9 blueprints and am awaiting the results on three arcs which should level soon, two on the 1.9 thread and one with a new friend who doesn't mind me tagging along as she self-levels with a couple of friends. So I will hopefully have a complete set soon.

So now I am thinking about how to get the goods. I am still in EMA, so trading up is not an option. I have heard about players who sell Arc "kits", which I gather is on a goods for FP's basis. I expect that I will be able to find such a player with my new contacts. But I am wondering what I should expect in terms of cost for such a kit, and the mechanics of swapping goods for FP's, potentially across guilds.

Up-thread I also mentioned a better guild on a new world. I am currently engaged in an Arc creation thread there (Not a 1.9, but a different construct), and hopefully will soon also be in the position to go looking for a broker. I'm still in Iron Age on that world, so the possibility of establishing an Arc is pretty exciting!

Emberguard

But I am wondering what I should expect in terms of cost for such a kit, and the mechanics of swapping goods for FP's, potentially across guilds.
Depends on the world. Could be anything price wise. But basically 2:1 goods ratio. 2 Future Goods : 1 whatever you don’t need. You’ll need to send them the trade once it’s all agreed to and paid

Ebeondi Asi

I have paid as much as 350 Fp for Arc Goods. and as little as free. low pay was 225 FP.
For players in higher Eras Arc Goods are nothing. And many Guilds will give Players Goods for GBs free. the problem is getting into such a Guild. usually to be in such a Guild you already need an Arc at level 80 to get in.
Arc is kind is the Litmus test of are you a real Foe player*. Arc 80 means you paid your dues...
In six Worlds I went for Arc I paid in five and got one free. (I only play three Worlds now, and if I had any sense I would have never started more than two at most) )
*aside from strong players who are going with no Arc at all as an alternate game play strategy)

JustinKace

If you love your current guild there is an alternative. Ask on Global Chat if there are any Cross-Guild/Global 1.9 threads out there. You may be able to get into a 1.9 group without leaving your guild
Is there any protocol on posting to more than one 1.9 thread? For example, I am in an cross-guild thread and someone posted their GB there but none of the contributors are members on the cross thread but instead from the owner's guild. The cross thread just started so it could be that they filled spots 1 and 2 in the guild before advertising spot 3 in the cross thread. The spot was filled about 30 minutes later so there are no obvious red flags. Is this something I should monitor or is this typical behavior? After typing it out, it does not seem as bad.

xivarmy

Is there any protocol on posting to more than one 1.9 thread? For example, I am in an cross-guild thread and someone posted their GB there but none of the contributors are members on the cross thread but instead from the owner's guild. The cross thread just started so it could be that they filled spots 1 and 2 in the guild before advertising spot 3 in the cross thread. The spot was filled about 30 minutes later so there are no obvious red flags. Is this something I should monitor or is this typical behavior? After typing it out, it does not seem as bad.

As long as the building isn't posted to both threads at the same time which can lead to confusion, there's no issue.

i.e. if at the same time they post 1 & 2 to thread A and 1 & 2 to thread B. And someone claims 1 on A and someone else claims 1 on B, that information is not efficiently communicated and can result in both trying to drop 1st and levelling the building while screwing over one of them.

Sometimes there's some personal drama over participating in multiple threads, but there's no technical reason it's an issue as long as each building is only posted to one thread at a time.

Emberguard

Is there any protocol on posting to more than one 1.9 thread?
The protocol is one thread only for a GB at any one time (for the positions advertised), and if you want to change threads you post to let people know you're retracting/deleting/removing/etc whatever the remaining positions are if you had already posted that you needed those positions

EG: "Clear" or "Ignore remaining positions. Moving to different thread"