• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSpence4

I know this was to address the people looping the fighting quest to gain points. However, this prevents people that have cities build around looping the Unbirthday Quest. This limit should be removed.

To fix the fighitng issues:
1) Remove the quest
2) Change that quest
3) make it reward no points

Its that easy. Also, this doesn't do anything to address the issues in gvg and gbg.

BigSpence4

I haven't hit it yet. However, looping fps on great buildings because of 12 quest to abort to get back to my fp quest. I can do that 166 times a day. I don't do the fighting quest that others are doing. I don't care about points.

RazorbackPirate

You hit the 2000 loop limit? Are you doing anything else in the game?
^This.^

While you may want it to be about the SAAB fighting quest, Inno never said it was about the fighting quest. They said it was an exploit they were addressing. That SAAB quest can certainly be one, but so can CF as a perpetual motion machine. Every age has a magic level. I'm sure the OP knows exactly what I'm talking about, but for the rest...

When doing RQs, 2 of the 14 quests will return a Small Coin package, 1 of the 14 quests a Large Coin package. The same is true with Supplies. 2 of the 14 quests will return a Small Supply package, 1 of the 14 quests a Large Supply package. And here's the key, ALL boosted by the level of your CF.

The Unbirthday RQ, requires you to pay X amount of Coins and X amount of Supplies based on the Age you're in. That's why each age has what I call, the Magic level. The level at which the boost from a high level CF produces enough Coins and Supplies from the rewards of the Unbirthday quest to continue to do the Unbirthday quest in perpetuity without ever running out of Coins or Supplies. A perpetual motion machine.

Unlimited current age goods, unlimited 5 FP packs. Unlimited rewards as long as you're willing to sit and spin the loops.

I'm sure the OP spent the legitimate hours of looping required to find the 2K upper limit, but I can imagine prior to the limit a perpetual motion machine coupled with a click bot would be a crazy combination. Especially if you were selling those goods. Price your unlimited goods right... wow.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I haven't hit it yet. However, looping fps on great buildings because of 12 quest to abort to get back to my fp quest. I can do that 166 times a day. I don't do the fighting quest that others are doing. I don't care about points.
Then the complaint is about what, exactly? I often do double or even triple the number of RQs you're doing collecting and donating FPs to GB in the guild. I can't imagine in normal gameplay ever coming close to the 2K limit.

I've no issues with the 2K limit.

BigSpence4

When the new expansion comes out I will hit 2k abort easily within the first couple hours. I loop like crazy to get goods to help guildies, sell goods for the new gb. and trade for other aged goods currently needed for GBG. The reason I say fighting and not the perpetual chat is because the perpetual has been around for a very long time and this fighting issues is one that recently came around.

Nobufusa

When the new expansion comes out I will hit 2k abort easily within the first couple hours. I loop like crazy to get goods to help guildies, sell goods for the new gb. and trade for other aged goods currently needed for GBG. The reason I say fighting and not the perpetual chat is because the perpetual has been around for a very long time and this fighting issues is one that recently came around.
2k Abort limit is not high at all. This is not an all day thing it can be accomplished easily within an hour. You are right it should be removed.

JuiceJuicin

Many motivated players that put time/FPS into leveling our CF's will hit. 150 to 350 cycles in a day is doable to hit for more casual players to achieve these marks. I see where INNO is going with this but it still limits the use of the CF that spent a lot of time of FPs to level.
For GVG/GBG we click so many times just for an action to attack a province/sector; it's expected most would put that same effort into Recurring Quests. Please remove or the maximum quests per day.

Last edited:

lemur

CF as a perpetual motion machine

If what you say is true, that possibility has existed for many years. Why would this suddenly be such an important issue? Nothing has changed with the Château.

What has changed is new quests that can be exploited for a wildly inflated game score. Blocking that is the obvious motivation here.

InnoGames has a proclivity for authoritarian mismanagement — clobbering its player base with a stick, more so than enticing them the carrot. I have observed this phenomenon ever since Anwar Dalati died in the summer of 2015. The ham-handed abort limit is one more fine example.

The abort limit can be easily reached within one hour of ordinary game play. It only takes a second to abort and move to the next quest, and there are 3,600 seconds in an hour. If the limit is not removed, it will sabotage all the players who designed cities to maximize the recurring quests.

Abort Limit.jpg

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

Last edited:

CDmark

Well some quick math
This is for IA/EMA/HMA /LMA 8 quests (LMA not gonna consider the dual questline)
Each cycle has 8 quests so if you do one of them, you get 7 aborts
2000/7 = 285 cycles per day

if you are doing UBQs (the unbirthday) I can do them 20 seconds each
285/3 per minute = 95 minutes (lets say 2 hours)

So there is the limit. Now lets apply a L58 CF to see what you get
2500 goods, 100 FP (on average)
Increase your CF 4 levels, you increase your goods 100

I didn't look at other ages for the number of quests per cycle

CDmark

If what you say is true, that possibility has existed for many years. Why would this suddenly be such an important issue? Nothing has changed with the Château.

What has changed is new quests that can be exploited for a wildly inflated game score. Blocking that is the obvious motivation here.

InnoGames has a proclivity for authoritarian mismanagement — clobbering its player base with a stick, more so than enticing them the carrot. I have observed this phenomenon ever since Anwar Dalati died in the summer of 2015. The ham-handed abort limit is one more fine example.

The abort limit can be easily reached within one hour of ordinary game play. It only takes a second to abort and move to the next quest, and there are 3,600 seconds in an hour. If the limit is not removed, it will sabotage all the players who designed cities to maximize the recurring quests.

your message says 2000 quests per day, I saw 2000 aborts in other posts. so wondering it it is one or both?

Agent327

I know this was to address the people looping the fighting quest to gain points. However, this prevents people that have cities build around looping the Unbirthday Quest. This limit should be removed.

To fix the fighitng issues:
1) Remove the quest
2) Change that quest
3) make it reward no points

Its that easy. Also, this doesn't do anything to address the issues in gvg and gbg.

The change is because of all RQ's, not just the fighting quests. You loop the fp quest. Others loop the UBQ. It is good it affects all RQ's. Asking for one, you do not do, to change is actualy rather selfish. That's saying abuse should be stopped, just not my abuse. Not likely it will be changed the way you demand.

Algona

This is for IA/EMA/HMA /LMA 8 quests (LMA not gonna consider the dual questline)
Each cycle has 8 quests so if you do one of them, you get 7 aborts
2000/7 = 285 cycles per day

Good stuff. Makes me wonder though.

A hard 2K limit per day for all Eras?

So lower Era players can do more of any given Quest since they don't have to abort as many Quests to get back to the one(s) they want?

Lower Era players being more productive then higher Era players in an aspect of the game?

This is a good thing?

Mich like the last fix, this one also strikes me as poorly thought out, especially for a problem whose roots trace back years.

BTW, can someone please link to the official Announcement of this change?

lemur

That's saying abuse should be stopped, just not my abuse.

Completing hundreds of recurring quests every day is not "abuse"; it is playing within the rules that InnoGames made. But now they are moving the goal posts again.

When a gaming company makes too many fundamental changes without sufficient consideration, they risk driving away their player base.

boeffie

It isn't doing 2000 quests though. It is 2k aborts , so people who do 200 loops with 10 aborts are done.

I understand the necessity of stopping the cheating by people who were using bots in SAAB.
But are those who did cheat actually getting punished for anything? Easy to see those who since SAAB came out did regular 8-9k fights for the RQ each and every day for months on end (plus the clickety clicks to abort) 24/24.
But what about those who now reach SAAB, and might have done 500 RQs quite legitimately, but will never be able to catch up to those top 10 who got millions of points while sleeping?

Agent327

Completing hundreds of recurring quests every day is not "abuse"; it is playing within the rules that InnoGames made.

It is playing within the rules Inno is allowed to change. You agreed to that when you started playing. Don't tell me you never read that.

Status
Not open for further replies.