• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

where you at now, grandfather, compared to 6 month ago? too slow to catch up? 6 years of mediocre dont give you any credits on anything. View attachment 18796

Can you give us a list of who's qualified to post in this thread, and what criteria is used to make that determination? That would be a lot easier than pointing them out one at a time as we go along.

icarusethan

Can you give us a list of who's qualified to post in this thread, and what criteria is used to make that determination? That would be a lot easier than pointing them out one at a time as we go along.
i never said its to qualified to post but the value of post when its comes down to any kind of active player or major game twist. If you are a causal player, don't jump in , its simple as that

blodgaarm

Wife and I came back after some time away and I stumbled on this thread. This is bad news for us. We are heavy questers. We started new cities. We quest our goods, bp's and fp's. So far I haven't received any fp packs. I asked my wife, she's hasn't received any fp packs from her questing. Were fp packs removed or the odds to receive packs change?
My experience was Goods reduced and FPS increased, but it seems like that was just luck of the draw as it appears to be closer to normal now...at least until the limit hits.

Algona

where you at now, grandfather, compared to 6 month ago?

Exactly where I want to be.

If you are a causal player, don't jump in , its simple as that

I got no problem with that whatsoever. I eagerly yield the floor to you and look forward to your insights into the game.

Is the Abort cap reasonable?

Did it affect you?

How are you advising Friends and Guildes how to deal with it?

Did the Abort cap affect your priority for leveling your CF?

What advice are you giving newer players about powering CF?

Why do you think INNO felt the need to implement it?

Do you approve of INNO adding changes to the game unannounced?

Do you think it;' a good idea for INNO to make changes to years long functionality with no discussion before hand and no explantion after the fact?

What do you see coming next and how are you preparing you and your Guild for it?

Any other thoughts on the subject of the Abort cap?

icarusethan

Is the Abort cap reasonable?

Did it affect you?

How are you advising Friends and Guildes how to deal with it?

Did the Abort cap affect your priority for leveling your CF?

What advice are you giving newer players about powering CF?

Why do you think INNO felt the need to implement it?

Do you approve of INNO adding changes to the game unannounced?

Do you think it;' a good idea for INNO to make changes to years long functionality with no discussion before hand and no explantion after the fact?

What do you see coming next and how are you preparing you and your Guild for it?

Any other thoughts on the subject of the Abort cap?
Abort cap does not affect me, it might sound surprising but I don't hit abort cap 6 out of 7 days per week. However, the way inno implement it is so horrible, no explanation on why, no pre-announcement, no make-up system, no whatsoever, and somehow there are a bunch of people, who obviously don't get affected by this cap either, are defending inno doing this nonsense just because. which is extremely sad. And the worse part is these Cowns are marking people who actually want to put a fight about it. Talking about their way of playing is cheating the system or whatsoever. GTOH
Also, The community manager in beta has a miscommunication with the GERMAN HQ is acceptable since he said later its exactly that so I don't know why you think such a minor mistake can destroy your trust towards inno.

Taeshire

Off topic much? How come you guys always end up attacking me instead of what I say? Oh, yeah, because you're just here to whine and don't really have any facts on your side. It's almost as if you believe that if you repeat your whining often enough it will become valid rather than the sour grapes of players whose gravy train just ended.

I wouldn't have time to attack everything you say on this thread, never mind the forum. My game time is generally spent playing FOE rather than attempting to impose my will/thoughts on a forum.
Imagine the uproar if Inno imposed a forum post limit without consultation, warning or prior advice, imagine the whaling and gnashing of teeth it would cause! (to 3 or 4 people anyway - Although maybe they'd actually play FOE with their freed up time - and not passively I mean!)

Johnny B. Goode

Imagine the uproar if Inno imposed a forum post limit without consultation, warning or prior advice, imagine the whaling and gnashing of teeth it would cause!
As long as it equally applied to everyone, bring it on. Although I don't know why you think it would cause people to go looking for Moby Dick. :oops:
By the way, do you really think it takes much time to post here?

Last edited:
LOL. Seriously. Would you be happy if they had programmed fireworks and a brass band to appear when you reach the limit? Or maybe a virtual dinner party would be more "elegant".

A bit out of context from my usage, but yes at least it would look like they had put in some effort into solving what they deemed a serious issue.

So I'll ask you the same question as Lando6, would you be satisfied if Inno came right out and said that they instituted the abort limit to keep players from endlessly looping RQs?

No. Because if that is their answer, they aren’t taking any responsibility for the issue they created and it immediately opens up follow-ups:
If RQ’s have been creating an imbalance in the game, why has this been allowed to linger for five years?
If it is just the SAAB quest, why not just fix that singular quest, and why was it allowed to linger for a year?
If this is also about server capacity, why is a company with a quarter billion in revenue reducing service rather than adding capacity or working for a more “elegant” solution as to how to reduce the number and heft of server pings?
Why has there yet been a direct reference to the “abort cap” in any of the announcements?

They just need to call it what it is, a duct tape fix to their server issues, disguised as a well-meaning attempt to reduce an exploit that has “just now come to their attention”. I think in their effort to sweep this under the rug instead of owning it, they have undermined quite a bit of their credibility. That will mean different things to different players, regardless of whether they are directly impacted by the change or even agree with it.

Johnny B. Goode

Then you're not really complaining about how they did it, you're complaining about the fact that they did it. So just admit it. You're just unhappy because you're one of the relatively few players negatively affected by the abort limit.
They just need to call it what it is, a duct tape fix
That is simply your highly biased interpretation. It sure seems like a perfect solution to me. It stops both the heavy RQers from endlessly looping, which is the real issue, and it also solves the straw man issue of bots, which those who are affected would like to believe is the real problem.
they have undermined quite a bit of their credibility.
Really? I get that you're unhappy with the abort limit, but you all are really blowing things way out of proportion here.

Then you're not really complaining about how they did it, you're complaining about the fact that they did it. So just admit it. You're just unhappy because you're one of the relatively few players negatively affected by the abort limit.

Every sentence in this statement could not be more wrong. You do not have to be impacted or even disagree with the benefit of the change to ask for transparency and intellectual consistency. So far, we have received neither.

It stops both the heavy RQers from endlessly looping, which is the real issue, and it also solves the straw man issue of bots, which those who are affected would like to believe is the real problem.

You just told me a couple days ago that everyone here was speculating on what the real issue is. I must have missed the communication from Inno Games that directly confirms this was the real issue they were trying to fix (and if so, why it just magically became an issue worth addressing). Perhaps if they did, there wouldn’t be the need to speculate.

wolfhoundtoo

You aren't getting any more information from Inno. That much is clear by now. Likely because they don't feel like debating whether their reasons meet your definition of 'good' or 'acceptable'. In the end it doesn't matter if they knew about the issue since day #1 and just didn't fix it until they had no other option or someone else got the job that makes these calls. They decided to change it and as with all changes you can live with the change or move on. If you are still here (even in this forum) you are living with the change even if your coping method is this thread.

And yes I don't like their communication approach on this matter and a few other items. I'm still here though so apparently not disturbed enough. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.