• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depending on the player and their situation the number of aborts required to loop back to the same RQ may be different. In my Colonial city it takes 5 aborts. In another IA city it may take 7 or 8 aborts. I would say that limiting the number of aborts is "arbitrary". The limit should be placed on each RQ; ie., a player can only complete each RQ x times per day. To find the limit find the highest producing cities in each age, divide by the collect coin RQ then add 10% and round up to a nice number. Do this for each production and collection RQ. Pick the highest number and apply to each and all RQs. Want to get fancier? Make the limit change per age (increasing of course).
I have yet to see a logical reason for limiting aborts. And why is it any of your business how many RQ's I do?

planetofthehumans2

Abortions (terrible name imo) is a better limit than the more logical solution of making quests progressively more difficult with each completion or limiting the amount of completions.

Yeah, you COULD do unlimited unbirthdays, but after 100 you're paying 1G coin/supply. Or paying 10,000FP for a r'yleh. Or defeating 1000 units, ext.

Tony 85 the Generous

I have yet to see a logical reason for limiting aborts.
Same here, especially since the number of RQs vary.
why is it any of your business how many RQ's I do?
Inno appears to be attempting to want to limit the number of RQs completed per player per day based on the number of aborts (not logical IMO, but that is what they did). If they want to limit the number of RQs completed by a player per day, then why not actually limit the number of RQs per days (instead of coming into it sideways from below and behind). I don't personal care or want to know how many RQs you complete, but the number of each collection RQ completed by each player each day is a statistic that Inno has, has access to, and should use to set the limit of times an RQ can be completed per player per day.

SCollins23

EXPLOIT ALERT!!!!!

Certain players are abusing the game by creating cities in other worlds and filling those cities up with WISHING WELLS, which they use as a perpetual motion machine for diamonds!!!!

That's an ABUSE, an EXPLOT, a GRAVY TRAIN! Inno didn't intend cities to be filled with Wishing Wells! I mean I don't really know, but that's what I think. It's certainly not my playing style. And it takes SO MUCH TIME!! Why would anyone spend this much time?

There should be a limit on the number of Wishing Wells per city. I think 2 WWs per city is appropriate. You should be glad Inno hasn't deleted your cities yet!!

This change will be also good for servers, just like the CF nerfing.

EXPLOIT ALERT!!!!!

Certain players are abusing the game by creating cities in other worlds and filling those cities up with WISHING WELLS, which they use as a perpetual motion machine for diamonds!!!!

That's an ABUSE, an EXPLOT, a GRAVY TRAIN! Inno didn't intend cities to be filled with Wishing Wells! I mean I don't really know, but that's what I think. It's certainly not my playing style. And it takes SO MUCH TIME!! Why would anyone spend this much time?

There should be a limit on the number of Wishing Wells per city. I think 2 WWs per city is appropriate. You should be glad Inno hasn't deleted your cities yet!!

play your own game and quit sticking your nose in other peoples game

Same here, especially since the number of RQs vary.

Inno appears to be attempting to want to limit the number of RQs completed per player per day based on the number of aborts (not logical IMO, but that is what they did). If they want to limit the number of RQs completed by a player per day, then why not actually limit the number of RQs per days (instead of coming into it sideways from below and behind). I don't personal care or want to know how many RQs you complete, but the number of each collection RQ completed by each player each day is a statistic that Inno has, has access to, and should use to set the limit of times an RQ can be completed per player per day.

still none of your business how others play

RazorbackPirate

I remember when The Arc first caught on fire when people realized how powerful it was. And I also remember the cries of doom from people who don't understand gaming in general, and this game in particular. They were adamant it was going to ruin the game forever and people would leave in droves.
Once again we have people posting in the forum who neither understand gaming, nor this game. They would have everyone believe that doing continuous RQ's while benefitting from the bonus of the Chateau was somehow abusing the game. They are so wrong.
Inno gave us the Chateau, with it's bonus that goes up every level. I have yet to see a cap. Inno gave us recurring quests. So we could do them over and over again. They also gave us the ability to abort the ones we don't want to do. So when we do RQ's over and over we are actually using the tools Inno gave us to use in whatever manner we feel fits within our game goals.
Not everyone has the time and patience to to do RQ's over and over. It's actually a lot of work if you have ever done a significant amount of them. But whether to do them or not is up to the individual player. The fact that I do them doesn't mean I am abusing the game, it means I am a smarter player than the naysayers and I am willing to put in the time and effort to accomplish my goals in the game. Everyone else in the game has the same opportunities I do to use the features in the game to advance. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't cry about what I am doing. Don't try to hold the rest of us down to your level of play. If you want to quit playing because you can't keep up, well don't let the door slam you in the butt as you leave. In the meantime quit yapping about how other people play the game. and play your own game.
This pure comedy gold. So much to pick apart in this post, but I'll just let it stand as is. I'm sure other will be along soon to finish the job.

BTW - Your nom de plume suits you.

RazorbackPirate

I have yet to see a logical reason for limiting aborts. And why is it any of your business how many RQ's I do?
Yes you have, you just don't like the answer. They limited the number of abortions because of the impact they were having on the server.
Abortions (terrible name imo) is a better limit than the more logical solution of making quests progressively more difficult with each completion or limiting the amount of completions.

Yeah, you COULD do unlimited unbirthdays, but after 100 you're paying 1G coin/supply. Or paying 10,000FP for a r'yleh. Or defeating 1000 units, ext.
Which would require a complete overhaul of the RQ system, ultimately costing players far more than a limit does now. This solution may feel good, but you might want to put some math behind it. Suppose the cost of RQs start out at the current age's amount and rises 1% from there. But 1% compounded, like the extra turns in GE. This penalizes players far more than the current limit does. 2000 aborts means 400 or so completions, yours end completions long before that. Your cure is worse than the disease.
I don't personal care or want to know how many RQs you complete, but the number of each collection RQ completed by each player each day is a statistic that Inno has, has access to, and should use to set the limit of times an RQ can be completed per player per day.
They did. If you read the announcement, they set the limit to a number where the vast majority of players won't be affected. That also means there was a certain player demographic they knew it would affect, and they're here now complaining. I'm not sure the % of players affected, but it seems minimal based on how little I've heard about it in world.
EXPLOIT ALERT!!!!!

If this is the best argument you've got, you've got nothing. But to your point, if Inno ever decides to stop that gravy train, it is well within their right to do so.
To be clear, the only one who cared about how people played with RQs was Inno. No one asked for this change, but now that it's here, many support it. Big difference. I never cared how you play, still don't. To that end, I also don't care there is now a 2000 abort limit, or that you hit it. That you hit it, I say, good on you.

SCollins23

If this is the best argument you've got, you've got nothing. But to your point, if Inno ever decides to stop that gravy train, it is well within their right to do so.

This isn't my argument, This is actually the argument of a couple very vocal forum players, just applied in a different aspect of the game.

There are players whose gaming style is negatively affected by CF getting nerfed, and Inno didn't properly address this issue.

Then a couple forum posters, including yourself, flood this thread, and all you're saying is "I don't care, I don't play like that, Inno can do whatever, who spends that much time, but the servers, it's a gravy train. these players are a minority (let the minorities die?), this thread is dead, stop posting, delete your CF."

There should be a limit on the number of daily forum posts. I'm actually serious on this one.

RazorbackPirate

This isn't my argument, This is actually the argument of a couple very vocal forum players, just applied in a different aspect of the game.

There are players whose gaming style is negatively affected by CF getting nerfed, and Inno didn't properly address this issue.
No matter who's argument it is, it's silly and not an argument. Calling for Inno to stop diamond framing might make them feel good, but really, it's petty and pissing on others who have nothing to do with this. In fact, no players had anything to do with this, except the players affected. The same players that caused Inno to enact a cap. I get those affected don't like it, but take your revenge on Inno. Don't attack players when no one attacked you.

NO ONE AKSED FOR THIS CHANGE. NO ONE. NOT ONE PLAYER. Leave those who have nothing to do with it alone.
Then a couple forum posters, including yourself, flood this thread, and all you're saying is "I don't care, I don't play like that, Inno can do whatever, who spends that much time, but the servers, it's a gravy train. these players are a minority (let the minorities die?), this thread is dead, stop posting, delete your CF."
Don't put words in my mouth. The only thing on your list I said is I don't care. In full context, I don't care how you play your game.

It's also Inno that says the vast majority of players won't be affected, not me. That you are affected shows, by Inno's reckoning, and your own self reporting, you're in that minority. Sorry you are, but it's not the folks who will never notice the cap that caused Inno to make one.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Let me ask a question of everyone here....IN YOUR OPINION, what percent of the players that are actually cheating (using bots and scripts and whatever else) aborted RQs repeatedly?

SCollins23

No matter who's argument it is, it's silly and not an argument. Calling for Inno to stop diamond framing might make them feel good, but really, it's petty and pissing on others who have nothing to do with this. In fact, no players had anything to do with this, except the players affected. The same players that caused Inno to enact a cap. I get those affected don't like it, but take your revenge on Inno. Don't attack players when no one attacked you.

NO ONE AKSED FOR THIS CHANGE. NO ONE. NOT ONE PLAYER. Leave those who have nothing to do with it alone.

Don't put words in my mouth. The only thing on your list I said is I don't care. In full context, I don't care how you play your game.

It's also Inno that says the vast majority of players won't be affected, not me. That you are affected shows, by Inno's reckoning, and your own self reporting, you're in that minority. Sorry you are, but it's not the folks who will never notice the cap that caused Inno to make one.

The arguments used for "celebrating" CF getting nerfed could be applied against most aspects of this game. No aspect of the game is a "gravy train." No playing strategy is "what Inno intended." Let's delete all GBs then, this would really level the playing field and also help with the servers.

As for personal judgements, they are irrelevant and in this case plainly wrong. Never been a heavy RQer, but now I'm pissed off and making sure to hit 2k limit everyday. Unlimited quests was a feature available to players for years, and this opportunity is now taken away. Inno should at least try to convince people. All we are left is a couple vocal players dancing around CF's corpse (because they care about other people's not being successful more than their being successful?). "We're only killing the minority" argument doesn't cut it, it doesn't matter whether it comes from Inno or know-it-all forum posters.

If you don't care about something, if you don't actually know the details of Inno's thought process beyond "INNO SAID IT'S THE SERVERS!!!!", etc., perhaps share your wisdom with the public more sparingly?

Tony 85 the Generous

Still doesn't change the fact that Inno watches how you play their game. Again, I don't personally care and don't want to know. At the same time, Inno has made how others play (including you and I), especially regarding RQs, everyone business because some players are completing "an uncommonly high" number of RQs. I am only making a suggestion as to how a more reasonable and better fitting limit may be determined and applied. If you don't like the solution Inno has provided, fine. If you don't like the alternative I or others have provided, also fine. Please feel free to provide a solution of your own and see if Inno et al will like it better.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

The arguments used for "celebrating" CF getting nerfed could be applied against most aspects of this game. No aspect of the game is a "gravy train." No playing strategy is "what Inno intended." Let's delete all GBs then, this would really level the playing field and also help with the servers.
Other than JBG, who's been vocal in his distain for this play style since CR first introduced it here on the forum, I don't see anyone 'celebrating' the decision. Not taking out a pitchfork over the issue is not the same as 'celebrating.' I think Inno did a horrible job communicating this change, but that's as far as I'll go.

No one, least of all Inno, said anything about 'leveling the playing field.' Strawman argument as is the diamond farm exploit canard. Deleting GBs would impact the servers more positively by eliminating the 'Spend FP' RQ looping when adding FPs to GBs, than the removal of the GBs themselves. Something no one has suggested, other than you, as a strawman argument.
As for personal judgements, they are irrelevant and in this case plainly wrong. Never been a heavy RQer, but now I'm pissed off and making sure to hit 2k limit everyday. Unlimited quests was a feature available to players for years, and this opportunity is now taken away. Inno should at least try to convince people. All we are left is a couple vocal players dancing around CF's corpse (because they care about other people's not being successful more than their being successful?). "We're only killing the minority" argument doesn't cut it, it doesn't matter whether it comes from Inno or know-it-all forum posters.
Too funny here. "I'm pissed so I'm hitting it every day!" Good for you. Throw your tantrum. Bet Inno can hold out longer than you. And during the time of your fit, you'll advance faster than you did before. Sounds like a win for you. Yeah, that'll show 'em.

I, as an adult, haven't changed a thing. I still RQ as much as I did before the change, Collect coins and supplies with a few Spend FPs while collecting my city, then Spend FP and Collect supplies RQs whenever I contribute to GBs, which I do as often as I can, with a UBQ every time it passes by. All boosted by a level 92 CF, that I'm still working to level further. Current goal, 100.

And with all that, I've yet to hit the limit. I invested almost 10K FPs into GBs yesterday, 66 FPs at a time with a UBQ in between and still didn't hit it. I probably got close, but I don't know. I suppose I will sooner or later, and if I do, I do. I'll just add to my guildies GBs without RQing, until tomorrow.
If you don't care about something, if you don't actually know the details of Inno's thought process beyond "INNO SAID IT'S THE SERVERS!!!!", etc., perhaps share your wisdom with the public more sparingly?
Again, with putting words. I don't care how YOU PLAY YOUR GAME. I do care about this issue.

All of us have the exact same information. Anything beyond that information is pure speculation. Like all the strawman arguments you want to throw at this. Inno stated, not so clearly, what their goal was with this change.

Stop the unlimited coin / supply exploit, (their word, not mine.) AND
Reduce the impact it has on the servers.

We also know that Inno studied the issue and set the limit to a level that would not affect the vast majority of players. From that, we can also imply that Inno knew the limit would affect a small subset of players, the small subset of players using the exploit and impacting the servers. To be clear, Inno did not say the exploit was spinning RQs, it was the unlimited coins and supplies that lead to some players doing unlimited RQs. Those players are here complaining now.

Thanks for feeling I have wisdom to share. Sorry that sticking to the facts upsets you.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

I know some folks have hit 2k limit is 30 mins/1hr or whatever... But even after couple of weeks I can barely hit 1000, mind you I'm in SAV, I try and do whatever quests possible. Another point is doing fp Rq's is very risky as the buildings may get sniped, however If someone goes and does just fighting and trading quests (SaaB/SAV) and nothing else maybe they can hit the limit easily.... Again I did read that someone hit the limit in 30 mins, but I'm not sure if they can do that everyday.

I will ask in our guild and see if anyone has hit the limit and update the post, so far I haven't heard anyone crying about it in our guild.

I know some folks have hit 2k limit is 30 mins/1hr or whatever... But even after couple of weeks I can barely hit 1000, mind you I'm in SAV, I try and do whatever quests possible. Another point is doing fp Rq's is very risky as the buildings may get sniped, however If someone goes and does just fighting and trading quests (SaaB/SAV) and nothing else maybe they can hit the limit easily.... Again I did read that someone hit the limit in 30 mins, but I'm not sure if they can do that everyday.

I will ask in our guild and see if anyone has hit the limit and update the post, so far I haven't heard anyone crying about it in our guild.
I have steadily done RQ\s for 2-3 hour stretches and have yet to hit 2000. The only way you are going to hit 2000 in 30 minutes is to continuously abort without actually doing any quests. Not much point to that is there?

Still doesn't change the fact that Inno watches how you play their game. Again, I don't personally care and don't want to know. At the same time, Inno has made how others play (including you and I), especially regarding RQs, everyone business because some players are completing "an uncommonly high" number of RQs. I am only making a suggestion as to how a more reasonable and better fitting limit may be determined and applied. If you don't like the solution Inno has provided, fine. If you don't like the alternative I or others have provided, also fine. Please feel free to provide a solution of your own and see if Inno et al will like it better.

I have no problem with Inno's decision, I have a problem with people characterizing my play as abuse when it is well within the parameters of the game. For some reason some people have the idea that everyone should be reduced to the same level to make it fair for everyone. Everyone is already equal in this game. What is not equal is the willingness to put in the effort, the actual abilities of individual players, and their creativity in accomplishing their goals in the game.
So, no you have never seen me complain about Inno's decision, nor will you. Just some of the idiotic statements and proposals I have seen on this thread.

BruteForceAttack

I have steadily done RQ\s for 2-3 hour stretches and have yet to hit 2000. The only way you are going to hit 2000 in 30 minutes is to continuously abort without actually doing any quests. Not much point to that is there?

In SaaB and SAV, you can abort all quests except one and gain ranking points, if you do the trade along with that you can get some goodies too.

There is also a quest you can do 50% i.e. just the the fight and then abort...all for ranking points.

In SaaB and SAV, you can abort all quests except one and gain ranking points, if you do the trade along with that you can get some goodies too.

There is also a quest you can do 50% i.e. just the the fight and then abort...all for ranking points.
True. I am beginning to think the 2000 limit just might be limited to the combat quest you mentioned Ranking means nothing to me. I am in SAV and I am questing for the goods for the research tree, which is the most difficult I have seen so far.
In Sav there are 13 quests to be aborted to get the one you want. Thats 156 times cycling thru the quests. I find it hard to believe that can be done in 30 minutes and still do 156 fights

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.