• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny B. Goode

So now you are calling me a cheater? All hail Steve, Omnipotent God of Legitimacy Determinations.

Just goes to show how much stock we should put in your opinion. None.
Ah, you cut me to the quick with that witty rejoinder.
How is something good for the game when its designed to stop cheaters, but punishes honest players at the same time?
Again with repeating that inaccurate view that this was to stop "cheaters"? That is an assumption by players that has never been stated in any official (or unofficial to my knowledge) Inno communication. If it makes you feel better to pretend that this change was merely intended to "stop cheaters" and you are an innocent victim, then pretend away. Doesn't make it true, though. Just means that you've bought into the victim mentality permeating society these days.

Kranyar the Mysterious

When you reached the limit were you able to continue doing Recurring Quests at all? If you could were you able to complete other quests and get back to the spink quest that way? 'Cause if you couldn't at all that'd be worth looking into on whether it's intended behaviour or a bug
I was able to complete the coin quest and it automatically went to the next quest in line.

I didn't gather enough supplies to test out whether or not the missing spink quest would complete even though it doesn't show up. The quest does show up on mobile, but still doesn't show on PC even though I rebooted my PC and cleared my cache.

BigSpence4

Ah, you cut me to the quick with that witty rejoinder.

Again with repeating that inaccurate view that this was to stop "cheaters"? That is an assumption by players that has never been stated in any official (or unofficial to my knowledge) Inno communication. If it makes you feel better to pretend that this change was merely intended to "stop cheaters" and you are an innocent victim, then pretend away. Doesn't make it true, though. Just means that you've bought into the victim mentality permeating society these days.

You are correct there still isnt an official message to why. Just crickets. The change doesnt effect you and this is just collateral damage. They made a change with zero notice, zero feedback, and zero explanation. The players being effected deserve better from the makers of the game.

CDmark

what would be acceptable for your normal play style?
Not directed at me but will reply. 3X the current, so 6000 aborts, would be around the maximum I would do (figured 5 hours). Not could do, but I don't see myself sitting and doing more on any regular basis. My player is LMA (8 quests). I read someone mention 10,000, for SAAB, 13 quests, abort 12, means 833 quests. I am not SAAB nor SAM savvy but I figure the player knows his/her stuff. I read someone likes doing 200 FP, if SAAB, that is about 571 quests, 6852 aborts for that one, a legitimate request and I see no reason someone cant do it. Since a moderator is asking, I think the ones who don't like the 2000 limit should give a response here. If you say no limit, you are not understanding what is going on, there will be a limit. Be honest on your response and just give a number. You can provide the basis for your number, cut me a break, I am a math guy, like numbers. :)

Last edited:

Ocirasai

If the solution were changed to a set number of times that a particular quest is completed, while some of the traffic being sent to and from Inno's servers would be reduced (RazorBack Pirate raised this point from the previous message that Inno did send out regarding the slow-down in questing), it would not achieve the same reduction as is implemented now because players would send a larger number of aborts (especially in higher ages) to get their daily limit of RQ completions in.

It might be nice to see a per-Era cap for the abort limit, so that players in, say TE or FE who only have to abort 5 quests in between would have a lower overall number of aborts than say someone in SAM or SAAB who might have to complete 13 in between quests.

I also feel that the current number of 2000 aborts is too low, and I'm currently in TE with only 5 aborts in between my loops. As someone else mentioned, 400 cycles are very doable while waiting for tiles to open up in GBG, a rage to begin to help guildmate level their GB, GvG, etc.

One other possibility to consider might be to adjust the CF slightly to give a percentage boost to the abort limit so that players who spent time and FPs leveling theirs would have more aborts per day than someone who did not. For example, each level on the CF could be a 1% increase to the number of aborts daily, so that a player with a level 100 CF would then get twice as many aborts to use a day than say a player without a CF at all.

It would also be nice if there were a counter present to let you know how many aborts you had left for the day. :)

Last edited:

Algona

They assume that there are a large number of players that loop large numbers of RQs, but the only entity with access to the actual data has stated that this is not so.

Link please.

The message in game support has been sending out is qualitative only and says nothing quantitative about numbers of players.
if this change only effected a small amount of players then why put forth the effort.

There's an old business saw about 5% of customers causing 95% of problems.

----------

I'll say it again, nobody here has any basis to make quantitative statements about the number of players affected by this change because, well you know what I;m going to say, right?

INNO hasn't said anything objective about this.

Agent327

You are correct there still isnt an official message to why.

There is

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...-experienced-during-reoccurring-quests.41229/

We have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this.

The aim of this improvement was to impose a limit on exploits

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-version-1-200.41289/

We have fixed an exploit that allowed players to generate endless coins and supplies.

Everybody could have known this was coming since the beginning of March. Inno made it clear they wanted to do something about exploits. Players turned that in to that they wanted to do something about bots. It has nothing to do with cheaters and honest players. They want a limit on the number of RQ's you can abort. Bots have nothing to do with that. Same as the fighting in SAAB. It isn't about that.

DeletedUser

Things that were implemented in higher ages that actually broke the equilibrium
First Inno devs added up to 13 recurrent quests
Most of them had inherently made for endless looping.
While raising the price of Unbirthday quest killed the heavy looping , Inno devs opted to add quests for fighting which can be combined with the killed unit quest, generates indeed an endless loop
Delete the problem quest, raise the price of UBQ and you solved the problem elegantly without making such a fuss

Jokerlynn2

Thank you Inno - I have no reason to spend hours in the game clicking away to support my guildmates with free goods so, I've found a lot of time to do other things! This also means that I will be saving a ton of money since I will not need to buy diamonds for negotiating in GBG. I have no incentive to be in the game anymore other than to chat with my friends.

Algona

Everybody could have known this was coming since the beginning of March.

Right.

All we had to do was know that this entry
  • We have fixed an exploit that allowed players to generate endless coins and supplies.
from an Updare Announcement from Mar 10 that was supposed to go live three weeks ago but went live this week was the fix talked about in the General Announcement from Mar 3 of an

update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit​
that was supposed to go live 4 weeks ago, that we were not told wasn't implemented at that time and that we were never told involved 'endless coins and supplies'..

Two different types of Announcements in two separate subforums not stated as related or linked, separated by a week, about changes that didn't go live twice as scheduled but instead slipped unannotated into yet another Update weeks later?

Did you actually just now figure that out on your own? Or did someone in CMT have to explain it to you?

Either way, I reject your implication that the players are at fault for not recognizing this series of mistakes by CMT. It was a botched job of communication on their part.

It's their job to be clear on the status of this game, not ours to puzzle out vague unconnected and imprecise statements.

----------

We still don't have any specifics on what the exploit is.

Is it due to infinite Chateau? That exploit was designed into the game the day Chateau was released and made inevitable when Arc was released.

Infinite Chateau was first discussed in this forum at least as far back as 2017. Its been discussed a lot for the last 18 months, because, surprise, surprise Arc ubiquity made infinite Chateau widespread..

Again, I don't see why this became an issue now. Unless CMT failed in another part of their job? Keep the devs abreast of what the community has talked about for well over a year?

Maybe it's another exploit that we still don't have a clue about because it still hasn't been explained?

Which will lead to even more speculation.

Speaking of not explained:

Bots have nothing to do with that. Same as the fighting in SAAB. It isn't about that.

Neither of the links you provide say anything about either of those. The only thing stated is that the exploit has to do with controlling the number of Aborts. It;s not stated which RQs are involved since all can pay coins / supplies not is it stated how the Aborts are being processed by the exploiters.

Do you have a link to where INNO says those are not part of the problem? Maybe it's from an inside source you can't share?

Or are you whistling in the dark like every other poster?

Last edited:

plinker2

If you have been on this game for a while, you know that I rarely post, preferring to stay in the background and observe. If I may be so bold as to add my 2 cents, think on this. If you are at INNO headquarters and you notice people doing thousands of quests per day, what thought are really going through their heads? Could it be cheating, (bots, programs, and so forth). Or, has the game gotten to the point where some players are becoming bored and have to do all of these quests because of that? One thing I have learned and hopefully you will is people, you have to learn to adapt to almost constant changes in life. It isn't always fun but if you do not learn to adapt to changes, life will "chew you up and spit you out." I also have notice that most of you are fairly intelligent You should be able to overcome this bump in the road and move on. I hope that you do. And, have fun!

Aonply

There is

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...-experienced-during-reoccurring-quests.41229/

We have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this.

The aim of this improvement was to impose a limit on exploits

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-version-1-200.41289/

We have fixed an exploit that allowed players to generate endless coins and supplies.

Everybody could have known this was coming since the beginning of March. Inno made it clear they wanted to do something about exploits. Players turned that in to that they wanted to do something about bots. It has nothing to do with cheaters and honest players. They want a limit on the number of RQ's you can abort. Bots have nothing to do with that. Same as the fighting in SAAB. It isn't about that.

Everyone knows this is a direct action in response to the Saab recurring battle quests. Remember that other "fix" they tried a few weeks back with the 2 or 3 second delays on each abort click? It was dumb to do that and they reversed it. Now they came up with something twice as dumb as a "fix" by nerfing the strongest GB in the game to a point that someone with a level 20 can make almost as much as someone who has a 100+ bldg in the same amount of time.

Taking away the ability for people to do more than others will destroy this game. Seriously everyone? A questing based game where the questing is taken down to a low enough point that “everyone” is just about equal? That's the result of the CF nerf. A lazy daily dumping collector will now be almost as valuable to a team as the player that will still grind out their 150 or so quest collections. That's bogus and makes no sense

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny B. Goode

Steph, I appreciate you love the game and I appreciate your company. But please, you've already made your point clear on this one. I'd greatly appreciate it if you allow the others on here to provide their perspectives and possible solutions as well.
There are several players who have commented repeatedly and have "made their point clear" and are still posting here, yet you single me out. Thanks a lot, friend.

BigSpence4

Things that were implemented in higher ages that actually broke the equilibrium
First Inno devs added up to 13 recurrent quests
Most of them had inherently made for endless looping.
While raising the price of Unbirthday quest killed the heavy looping , Inno devs opted to add quests for fighting which can be combined with the killed unit quest, generates indeed an endless loop
Delete the problem quest, raise the price of UBQ and you solved the problem elegantly without making such a fuss
I like that idea. It lowers the amount of quest people can loop and fixes the point farming issue. Also, that would lower the required aborts at high ages.

-Hercules-

I hit this limit after taking spots on 22 large GB's the other day. I hit this limit doing SAAB fighting quests while I was on a VERY BORING conference call at work this morning. I have 7 other guild mates (that I know of) who are hitting this limit at various times throughout the day. That's a minimum of 8 people in our 80 person guild. To say that this affects only illegitimate players is a fallacy. You could argue that 10% is a minority... however, these are arguably the 8 most active players in the guild. Certainly the most active treasury contributors.

If I had known this limit was going to be introduced, I would have stayed in CE where I would only have 5 aborts to worry about instead of 13 in SAAB. Obviously, my preference is no limit.. but in the event that a limit MUST be applied to prevent me from creating unlimited supplies and coins (to do what with? They are useless...), at least make the limit age based so that it is fair across any age.

-Hec

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.