• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfhoundtoo

which playstyle came directly from inno ? can you guarantee that player wasn't inno's personel without his real name ?
let it go, we all know official wiki has no guides in it, if he wants to start miss-information, let him post the guide, you "work" for inno, and you have no idea for their decisions, can you know who created guides on the un-official wiki ?
what shines is gold ?

Too funny. No we don't have to let him start misinformation. The wiki with the guides isn't an official wiki and no your attempt to turn it around to say that others have to prove they weren't Inno people in disguise is ridiculous. Also irrelevant since I'm sure your opinion isn't binding on your employer any more than mine is when I post my personal view points.

wolfhoundtoo

For all those who challenge our outrage here, what happens when INNO decides that having thousands of forge points banked was never their intention? Suddenly we can only have 5000 FPS in the bank. What if we never intended for a LMA player to have a space carrier or a CF so we are removing them until you level up to that age. You seem fine with this change which you don't think you can hit, but I have hit it 3 times so far most recently while I was idly clicking away during a phone call. I USED to click away while listening to my favorite Clive Cussler novel on Audible, and admittedly I got a lot of points and goods, but the fact remains, I learned the play style on a wiki that INNO had up for years.

And the fact remains that Inno has consistently demonstrated throughout the years that they can and will change the rules. Admittedly, I'm not seeing the value of this change really and you certainly can be unhappy about the change. As I've previously stated though, attempting to compare it to future 'scenarios' you are making up out of thin air doesn't help your case.

You think this is the 1st change that hammered a playstyle for FOE?

Iggy112

So let me understand your position here...you are saying that hammering play styles should be okay at Inno’s discretion, when the fact that many different play styles is one of the most admirable parts of FOE.

I have not been around long enough to have seen the previous ones, and you may be correct in that observation. However, I would think you would want to discourage a developer from doing this.

Seems to me a better resource allocation for Inno would be to develop new and better modes of FOE play. That would renew interest in the game, while not seemingly punishing those who have legitimately followed their previous game rules.

r21r

Too funny. No we don't have to let him start misinformation. The wiki with the guides isn't an official wiki and no your attempt to turn it around to say that others have to prove they weren't Inno people in disguise is ridiculous. Also irrelevant since I'm sure your opinion isn't binding on your employer any more than mine is when I post my personal view points.
yeah , funny you reply to me saying exactly what i said but adding an "attempt" + "rediculous" but irrelevant at the same time while you had to tell it again.
i don't know if this thread is to discuss where and who wrotes guides - but since you ask for my employer (did you? or because i claim it now, you did somehow ?) i ain't working - nor have any kind of money thingies other than what and when i spend INGAME only.

i will tell my position on the 2000 aborts too and i'll step back observing as idk if i am too young or old anymore in this community(?) good or bad.

big dislike for the 2.000 abort limit on RQ's
under lockdown here, and i feel locked out of game aswell
got so bored of Battlegrounds on my 1st city where i had blocked my quests on purpose and now on my second one tried the other way

if the agenta opens for players to suggest, ill tell what i believe aswell

wolfhoundtoo

So let me understand your position here...you are saying that hammering play styles should be okay at Inno’s discretion, when the fact that many different play styles is one of the most admirable parts of FOE.

I have not been around long enough to have seen the previous ones, and you may be correct in that observation. However, I would think you would want to discourage a developer from doing this.

Seems to me a better resource allocation for Inno would be to develop new and better modes of FOE play. That would renew interest in the game, while not seemingly punishing those who have legitimately followed their previous game rules.

Depends on what you mean by ok at Inno's discretion. If you mean do I approve of it? No. Do I believe that it's their prerogative? Absolutely.

I've played other games and they've made the changes they felt were necessary (presumably although I don't really see a game developer making significant changes that they don't think is necessary but they've rarely spelled out their reasons for such changes). In the end players can post their disagreements and attempt to get them to chance their minds but if you want to convince people the posts need to be kept to legitimate concerns (and to be clear the impact on the limit is quite legitimate). In the end every player has the same choice if they don't like the changes that come in a game: accept the changes and keep playing or don't accept and no longer play. I suppose there is a 3rd choice which is to continue to play a game you've come to dislike but that really makes no sense to me.

blodgaarm

That playstyle is not on any Inno Wiki. There are guides on it, but those are made by players, not Inno as far as I know. You can prove me wrong if you think I am.
NITPICK all you want moderator, How about moderate and not argue, isn't that the job of a moderator? That site is known as the OFFICIAL wiki for FOE so nitpick my words all you want. As I have noticed in this thread you hate it when it happens to you but revel in doing it to someone else.

Coach Zuck

NITPICK all you want moderator, How about moderate and not argue, isn't that the job of a moderator? That site is known as the OFFICIAL wiki for FOE so nitpick my words all you want. As I have noticed in this thread you hate it when it happens to you but revel in doing it to someone else.
The infinite cf article is on fandom, not the official foe wiki.

SCollins23

I had to give feedback on this change and registered to the forum just for this reason. I never did too many quests in the past, and basically used to do GBG to advance my city. Recently, I took a break from big guilds and focused on my CF so that I can still be productive by myself. With this change, Inno has eliminated one of the main growth tools for solo-players. Doing recurring quests gives a fraction of what GBG gives, so I don't see how one can advocate for limiting the number of quests while allowing for unlimited number of fights. People spend months (sometimes years) to grow their cities according to their chosen playing strategies and Inno should better calculate the impact of changes on different playing styles.

CDmark

Who actually goes on the official Wiki anyway??
I am not sure about the official wiki, I got into questing bcs of the guide here, in the forum

So, I looked closer, especially when the HC came out, I was in LMA/HMA 2 worlds, CF 58. I figured it can not be bad information, it is in the forum. So, I developed a strategy, double looping, collect coin or FP and also do the UBQ, in one loop, actually no cost for the UBQ based on my current CF level.. I even made a spreadsheet, to help guide myself and other friends. Players in higher levels could still do some double looping but the cost to get to the perpetual motion state, too high, many other GBs to level with those FPs. I figured I was using some strategy in a strategy game and was working within the limits of the game.
With the CF, I could do less double loops, more single UBQ only quests as my CF level rose. At about L90 CF, for me, I could loop about 1000 times IF I wanted to and I figured that was an upper limit for me, so I stopped there. This all came about bcs of the guide here, in the FOE official forum.

Also, I think the company should revisit the game description. Where it says "award-winning strategy game" please consider "award-winning, limited and focused, strategy game".

Algona

NITPICK all you want moderator, How about moderate and not argue

The mod was neither nitpicking nor arguing. Correcting stated errors about INNO or the game is part of a mod's function.

The mod pointed out that the statement was wrong by attributing to INNO something INNO did not produce.

Let me short circuit a likely response to this post. Read my exchanges with Agent for the last three years before you say something silly about me being a sycophant.

Ocirasai

That playstyle is not on any Inno Wiki. There are guides on it, but those are made by players, not Inno as far as I know. You can prove me wrong if you think I am.

I believe that is a post in the forums that are owned by Inno (please let me know if I am mistaken).

If so, and the article was incorrect, inappropriate, against the terms or service, or any other way against what Inno allows, that article should have been deleted by a moderator.

Because it wasn't, and we users read the forum that Inno owns, we take it in good faith that what is presented is allowed.

Does that qualify?

Aristarchus1

Great move by Inno !! Now all the macro cheaters will have to actually do something productive with their lives. Even 2K is very high to be honest. The limit should be 100 aborts only. Like allow only 5-10 cycles max daily, and get your real life as a present and surprise box, instead of being a cheater !! After 100 RC aborts, there should be a pop up with a Joker smiling and saying 'Sorry Cheater ! Come back tomorrow'

Emberguard

I learned the play style on a wiki that INNO had up for years.
Just because something is widely circulated doesn't make it official. Just means it's well known. You're welcome to object to the change on Recurring Quests, but the source of info you're quoting isn't associated with Inno at all

Who actually goes on the official Wiki anyway??
Me, quite regularly.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/cosmic-ravens-version-of-heavy-questing.15777/
I believe that is a post in the forums that are owned by Inno (please let me know if I am mistaken).

If so, and the article was incorrect, inappropriate, against the terms or service, or any other way against what Inno allows, that article should have been deleted by a moderator.

Because it wasn't, and we users read the forum that Inno owns, we take it in good faith that what is presented is allowed.
The forums are run by Inno to allow players a place where they can discuss the game among each other and also provide feedback. As such you're going to find a lot of opinions and observations by players talking to and discussing the game with other players. There's nothing wrong with doing Recurring Quests in itself, but the flipside of that is Recurring Quests are not guaranteed to always be available. They only appear when you're supposed to have more quests then you currently have available.

blodgaarm

I thought that was the official INNO site Emberguard, had someone just corrected that info instead of attacking my post would have been much different. Thank you for clearing up that issue. Had your other mod been as polite and informative instead of rude and argumentative this thread would be much shorter

Agent327

Does that qualify?

Nope.

Strange reasoning. Just because something is on the forum it does not mean Inno supports it, or has to be aware of it.

It is allowed to post tips on the forum. It is up to you if you want to follow those tips or not. Free choice. If you do decide to follow those tips it does not mean Inno is no longer allowed to make changes that will effect those tips.

Boogiewoogie657

Nope.

Strange reasoning. Just because something is on the forum it does not mean Inno supports it, or has to be aware of it.

It is allowed to post tips on the forum. It is up to you if you want to follow those tips or not. Free choice. If you do decide to follow those tips it does not mean Inno is no longer allowed to make changes that will effect those tips.
No
In pretty much every civilized country, the owner of a forum is responsible for the content that is displayed, regardless of who actually wrote it. That's exacly why moderation is so important, otherwise it would not be cared about that much. So they legally have to be aware of it in some way. If it were actually considered an exploit it would have been adressed right away, years ago. Pretending that Inno was unaware of HQS being discussed on that forum is at best dishonest. It also implies that Inno staff are very dumb which I don't believe they are to that extent.

Why would we assume they could be unaware of one of the main playstyle which has been used in their game for about a decade ?

Agent327

No
In pretty much every civilized country, the owner of a forum is responsible for the content that is displayed, regardless of who actually wrote it. That's exacly why moderation is so important, otherwise it would not be cared about that much. So they legally have to be aware of it in some way. If it were actually considered an exploit it would have been adressed right away, years ago. Pretending that Inno was unaware of HQS being discussed on that forum is at best dishonest. It also implies that Inno staff are very dumb which I don't believe they are to that extent.

Why would we assume they could be unaware of one of the main playstyle which has been used in their game for about a decade ?

Owner is responsible for the content, but there is nothing in that content that is not allowed and there still isn't. What I am saying is that in my opinion just because of that content it does not mean Inno is not allowed to make changes to the game. Are they aware of HQS being discussed? I honestly do not know. I am not saying they are not. I do think they do not have to be. They are allowed to make changes to their game without giving a reason.

Iggy112

Two thoughts:
1) Sure Inno is ALLOWED to change the game, as I am sure they have some legal jumbo-jumbo language buried in a terms of service somewhere. However, thats not how the real world works folks, or every insurance policy would be set up the same way, with exclusions being able to change from day to day. Public just would not sit and accept that way of working. There has to be trust to a business relationship.
2) I have decided to institute my own personal response to the change. I will only play the game when I believe the normal rules are being employed. So you want to cut off aborts/loops for the day. I will just wait for tomorrow to play again. That’s the part of the contract that I am ALLOWED to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.