• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent327

Beats me how clicking autobattle for hours can be fun

That makes two of us.

Let me remind all of you why we are here, cheaters running bot/scripts that exploited RQ's. Anyone who wants to sit in front of their computer for 10+ hours, knock yourself out. But when running a bot/script 24/7 while in bed sleeping is worth a lifetime ban!!!!

That's why you are here. Absolutely not all of us.

What did INNO cite as the reason for the change?

We have fixed an exploit that allowed players to generate endless coins and supplies.

thathurts

might as well get rid of the cf gb whats the point of it now since inno decided to restricted it use this is totally unfair

Emberguard

might as well get rid of the cf gb whats the point of it now since inno decided to restricted it use this is totally unfair
well agent327 if you depend on it for goods and the rest what choice do we have
While I can understand the sentiment (you don't like the limit), you can still depend on it for goods. Just not as heavily as before if you're managing to hit the limit without altering your playstyle. If you did get rid of the CF would you be able to find a building that still produces the equivalent or in any way outproduces the CF's current goods output with the cap in place? If the answer is no, you can't match the CFs current capabilities even with the cap, then you may want to reconsider getting rid of it (not asking you to like the cap, just logically if it's better then other options surely it'd make sense to keep it?)

On the UK server the explanation for the RQ limit was given as in response to an issue with server loading. Perfectly plausible to my technical mind (30+ years designing computer software) and Inno are quite justified to take steps to prevent server overloading.

I don't see it as "abuse" or "cheating" if a player utilises RQs or other features of the game. The only abuse or cheating to my mind would be hacking the server to gain an unfair advantage - since ALL players are able to utilise game features such as RQs and the Chateau it can hardly be described as providing an unfair advantage and thus is neither abuse nor cheating. I appreciate that some might argue that hacking is also available to all players, but I don't think that argument stands up under the terms of being "reasonable".

SCollins23

If they won't let me drive as fast as I want, I might as well sell this stupid car and just walk everywhere. It's just not fair!

There, see how stupid that sounds?

A better analogy would be you spent millions of dollars and purchased yourself a private jet, and now you're told that you can only use it on the ground. There is no selling it, either. I guess it's still better than walking?

Johnny B. Goode

A better analogy would be you spent millions of dollars and purchased yourself a private jet, and now you're told that you can only use it on the ground. There is no selling it, either. I guess it's still better than walking?
No, that's not a better analogy. It's just a real good indication of how warped your view of this issue is. See, you can still drive the car in my analogy, just like you can still loop RQs in FoE. You just can't drive with excessive speed, like how you now can't loop RQs endlessly. And "spent millions of dollars"? Get serious. Hyper leveling any GB nowadays is more like buying a mid-size sedan with an average set of options.

lemur

If they won't let me drive as fast as I want, I might as well sell this stupid car and just walk everywhere.
The speed of the recurring quests did not change last week. It is the frequency that changed. So a better motor vehicle analogy would be that the expensive car you spent so much time and strategy to acquire can still be driven fast — but only for one hour (or less) per day.

Agent327

The speed of the recurring quests did not change last week. It is the frequency that changed. So a better motor vehicle analogy would be that the expensive car you spent so much time and strategy to acquire can still be driven fast — but only for one hour (or less) per day.

Still beats walking for that hour.

For someone that not just sold his car, but even left the city, you are still very much trying to meddle in city management.

I've been reading this discussion since it began and some of it has been very interesting, some not so much. I feel for the players whose playstyle has been significantly affected by this change, if something similar were to affect my gameplay I would be equally upset. I would probably adjust rather than quit the game, but who knows. I disagree with those who say that CF has been nerfed. The GB itself acts just as it did before this change. For players like me, with a lvl 61 CF in PME, it is equally as valuable. The change has affected playstyles, not a building. IMO.

I did not find out about heavy questing until after I was past IA and I was working on my Arc so the idea of finding CF prints and pushing another building was not appealing. Neither was spending hours a day clicking Abort, but that's just me. However, today I began to rethink the whole idea. Now that there is essentially a cap on the number of RQs one can complete, it might be worthwhile to revisit looping. The reports in this thread on how quickly one could reach the cap got me thinking and I can see spending a couple of hours an evening (I assume I won't be as focused or speedy as the under an hour folks) looping quests while I watch TV, It's not that different from the15 minute cocoa bean productions that I'm doing right now. I'm going to have test this out and see if the rewards are worth the net cost and time commitment. Might be worth adding to my gameplay quiver, at least during the GBG break.

Algona

I'm not one for arguing by analogy because the analogy tends to become the focus*, but in a comparison of CF to some random.trasnport.mode, wouldn't the equai of Abort cap be distance cap?

For someone that not just sold his car, but even left the city, you are still very much trying to meddle in city management.

If it will make you feel better, consider lemur or any other player who has quit the game as potential new players.

*Such as this:

you spent millions of dollars

Irrelevant how much you spent.

What is relevant is how much you spent as a proportion of how much you earn.

You've got a collective 500+ levels of GBs, have lvl 70 CF, thus you spent less then 15% of your 'GB capital' on CF and have gotten some unknown amount in return.

Sure you spent'millions' on a jet, but you were worth 7 times that much and you'll make some of that money back from the jet.

Sigh. While fun, arguing analogies detract from he main point.

Which for me is the most egregious problem here is INNO still not clearly Announcing the action and the the resons for it and providing an Official Feedback.

No indication if CMT is seeing this, no indication that if they are they will pass the unrest on to the devs.

After all, the only thing ever posted is that CMT summarizes Official Feedback threads to hand on to the devs. We have no idea what else gets back to the devs.

Agent327

Today with the opening of Venus all the players who entered Venus are getting only Coins and Supplies. never any Goods from RQ work. told them to start a ticket.

If you enter Venus, your RQ's disappear after you have completed them. You start with the story and bonus quests again. Bad advice.

Lord Pest

Today with the opening of Venus all the players who entered Venus are getting only Coins and Supplies. never any Goods from RQ work. told them to start a ticket.

I’m in AF and it’s only a sample size of 1 day but my RQ’s are returning a very low percentage of goods. Much lower than I am use to. Way to early for me to think that was tweaked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.