• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algona

Not going to discuss this with you any further.

That didn't last long. Lie about me, lie to yourself.

What's real is you still owe me an apology. Although if you are gonna post high comedy like this:

Even if you take out of the equation one person that has made lag his pet project, it is in the top ten of most discussed subjects. Especially when it comes to GvG.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?search/205536/&q=lagging&t=post&o=date

I encourage you to continue.

You link a search on the word lagging that returned 130 results.

It's obvious and funny as hell you didn't read your own search results.

This forum has about 318,000 posts. In 9 years 130 posts contain the word lagging. There are scores of threads on scores of topics with hundreds more responses then 130 posts. Strike 1!

Let's take a look at the results going back to Jan 2020. Two reasons. i wnat to see what your search turned up for recent posts. The other reason will become apparent a bit later. Here's a breakdown of each of those posts:

Two are yours and my posts right here. Lagging internet. Game lagging. Lagging internet. Lagging while loading. Game lagging. Quoting a post using the word lagging. Misuse of lagging. meant lacking. Talking about shortage of BPs. 3 posts regarding a fixed bug. Quoting a post using the word lagging. Game lagging. Game lagging. Discussion about an Idea. Game lagging. Forum lagging. Forum lagging. The last post?

Kinda like bumping a a 6 month old thread to rebuke posters and ask INNO to bail out a player who has a problem who by that stage of the game should have been well aware that INNO places 'trap' Quests.

I got no problem with folk running ahead / lagging behind on whatever axis of the game they want, but doing so blindly at that stage of the game?

I think your comment about learning as you go is misplaced; it should have been directed at the OP.

Folks might want to read Agent's responses in that thread, it's before they became a mod.

Out of 21 posts over the last year, 8 (I include the 3 about a resolved bug) are about the game lagging. Strike 2!

8 posts over the last year is your evidence that lag is

in the top ten of most discussed subjects.

Yeah.

I do love that you harass others about searching then searching blows up in your face.

Strike 3!

That's two egregious examples in a week of you not checking your facts when responding to me.

If you quit being in such a rush, so eager to mock, abuse, harass, make up flaws, intimidate,belittle posters maybe complaints about your conduct as a poster would not be in the running for the top 10 of most discussed subjects in this forum since Jan 2018. That is a search I'd like to see.

You still owe me that apology.

Last edited:

Agent327

That didn't last long. Lie about me, lie to yourself.

Was lag adressed in this thread before?

Folks might want to read Agent's responses in that thread, it's before they became a mod.

ROFLMAO :p

You link a search on the word lagging that returned 130 results

I know . Amazing don't you think. Makes you wonder how many results you would get if it was possible to search for "lag".

Whether lag is a topic in the forums or not, I don't know. It is a topic in my guild, especially when it affects sector races in GBG and is most notable in the evening hours (as one might expect). It is not as bad as a couple of years ago when the game could lag horribly around GVG recalc time, but can still be frustrating. In my observation it has not improved significantly, if at all, since the implementation of the abort limit. I have no data on this, simply personal observation by myself and from mates playing across multiple platforms.

Johnny B. Goode

Whether lag is a topic in the forums or not, I don't know. It is a topic in my guild, especially when it affects sector races in GBG and is most notable in the evening hours (as one might expect). It is not as bad as a couple of years ago when the game could lag horribly around GVG recalc time, but can still be frustrating. In my observation it has not improved significantly, if at all, since the implementation of the abort limit. I have no data on this, simply personal observation by myself and from mates playing across multiple platforms.
Interesting that you should mention the lag around recalc caused by GvG. That's evidence that a very small percentage of the player base can significantly affect server load.

Algona

Was lag adressed in this thread before?

ROFLMAO :p

I know . Amazing don't you think. Makes you wonder how many results you would get if it was possible to search for "lag".

I'm not the one who tried to use the forum search function to prove a point.

I didn't post that search.

I didn't use that search that returned 130 hits out of 380K posts as the sole evidence that lag 'is in the top ten of most discussed subject'.

I'm not the one who didn't notice that only 8 posts in the last 15 months in that search talked about game lag.

I'm not the one who is now pissing and moaning that because of inherent limitations the search functions can't do what they wanted.

Seems to me you should address that post to the person who did do all the above.

I'm looking forward to another dose of your misplaced ire.

DeletedUser

I don't understand why argue with mods...
First, they don't represent Inno, only their own opinion
Second, mods are dedicated to stop change...
Third - it just doesn't matter what we propose here, Inno devs plainly ignore it

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Just to be clear, I'm not accusing them of lying, BUT (and again, this is from my own experience supporting software) if the support staff is telling the end-users everything, it's a rare thing. Typically the more info you give end-users, the more confused they get and that doesn't help anybody. Now, my software support experience is in the business world so it's a slightly different relationship than the one between game devs and players. But not that different.
But then this won't happen..
software development views.jpg

Just An Observer

For two of the first three days where the 2000 limit was in place, I would hit it with less than an hour to go before the reset. Since then it has not been encountered. The one change I made was to drop six Fan Shops so that is the likely reason.

For me in EMA, I would like to see the number set at 3K to 4K. Why? Some days I wish to do double recursion as the following day sees me involved in Real Life activities.

BigSpence4

I hit the abort limit every day on my goods city. It hurts because building that city for goods production is massive hindered by this limit.

Suggestion:
1) In ages that you can get 3 RQ"s at one time, let people have them since triggering them is really unclear, and Inno provides no real information. This limit hurts even more when you only have 2 instead of 3 RQ's at one.

2) Instead of an abort limit how about a completion limit as the 2k effects difference ages disproportionately.

3)Scrap the limit all together.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I hit the abort limit every day on my goods city. It hurts because building that city for goods production is massive hindered by this limit.

Suggestion:
1) In ages that you can get 3 RQ"s at one time, let people have them since triggering them is really unclear, and Inno provides no real information. This limit hurts even more when you only have 2 instead of 3 RQ's at one.

2) Instead of an abort limit how about a completion limit as the 2k effects difference ages disproportionately.

3)Scrap the limit all together.
What do you mean by your "goods city"?

Johnny B. Goode

Then you haven't built the city for "goods production", you've built it for RQ looping. Huge difference. If you had built it for goods production, then RQ looping would only be part of that. Unless you're one of those that think being able to RQ loop all the goods you want is somehow your right. Which, of course, you are. Otherwise you wouldn't be asking them to roll back the change. (And do you seriously think that Inno made this change without considering all these other options you all think are so brilliant? Get real.)

DeletedUser

Just thinking out loud
If Inno wants us to be limited on RQ cycling, why not leave all the RQ active (no need to abort, just collecting it will restart) and put a limit on CF bonus...

Sheriff Of Rottingham

I am not focused on attack buildings. I did the Arc/CF combo to do rq to make loads of goods. Then worked on other gb's that produce goods like the LoA, Babel, Rain forest Project, and such. The event buildings go for goods and such.
So is it a secondary city on that world or your only city on that particular world?

wolfhoundtoo

lol. Off on a wild tangent aren't we? Many players refer to the type of city that they are playing to differentiate them between the various worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.