• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] 24 hour diamond purchase offers:

Blister the Great

I hope I phrased this correctly, why are the 24 hour diamond purchase offers limited to only one city? I purchased 58,000 diamonds at a cost of $399.98 in anticipation of using them to purchase all 10 levels of the Druid Temple building for each of my two cities (@ 20,000 diamonds each).
After purchasing and assembling all 10 levels for the first city I switched to my second city and found I could NOT purchase the Druid Temple building for the second city, shouldn't there be some sort of notification that the special purchase is only available for one city?
I'd say that I'm more than a little disappointed to find I made such a large purchase for nothing.

Looking for answers,

Blister the Great

Ironrooster

Where are your 2 cities?
My U.S. cities all share the same pool of diamonds - what I acquire in one (buy, GE, etc) are available for use in any of the U.S. cities.
However my city on the Beta Server is separate. Diamonds there can not be used in my U.S. cities and vice versa.

Ebeondi Asi

The offer is across all cities. They are combined offers. not individual offers for each city.if you used ten, then you used them all up.
Some players use separate accounts for different Worlds to get multiple offers. the downside is those separate account cities cannot share Diamonds. So it is a tossup.

Blister the Great

Where are your 2 cities?
My U.S. cities all share the same pool of diamonds - what I acquire in one (buy, GE, etc) are available for use in any of the U.S. cities.
However my city on the Beta Server is separate. Diamonds there can not be used in my U.S. cities and vice versa.
Thank you for your response Ironrooster. My two cities are Brisgard and Uceria, the issue isn't the diamonds its the building availability, had I known there were only 10 total to share between both of my cities I would not have bought all 10 in one city. Based on the way the special is worded I was under the impression I could buy 10 for each city. Its an expensive lesson learned and very hard to swallow.
The original question was why is this so, why can't you buy 10 for each city on the same account?

Blister the Great

The offer is across all cities. They are combined offers. not individual offers for each city.if you used ten, then you used them all up.
Some players use separate accounts for different Worlds to get multiple offers. the downside is those separate account cities cannot share Diamonds. So it is a tossup.
Thank you for your response Ebeondi ASI, it should be made clear that there are only 10 total per account for use between all of your cities. Now I know however it was an expensive lesson to learn.

wolfhoundtoo

I'm not entirely sure how it was 'expensive' for you? If you wanted 10 and you got 10 in one city then you got what you wanted and what you exchanged diamonds for so you didn't lose anything. I'm guessing you mean that you would of split them to better both cities which of course is your choice but you still didn't lose anything. In the future you should inquire with support before acting as I'm positive they'd get back to you very fast on a question regarding diamond purchases.

As for why only Inno knows for sure (I don't recall seeing an explanation posted by them but I could be mistaken) and it ultimately comes down to "Inno says so" anyway.

Ironrooster

Thank you for your response Ironrooster. My two cities are Brisgard and Uceria, the issue isn't the diamonds its the building availability, had I known there were only 10 total to share between both of my cities I would not have bought all 10 in one city. Based on the way the special is worded I was under the impression I could buy 10 for each city. Its an expensive lesson learned and very hard to swallow.
The original question was why is this so, why can't you buy 10 for each city on the same account?
My fault, I misunderstood your problem. Thanks for the clarification.

I agree with you that Inno should make it clear that 10 is the limit across all cities.