• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

3rd to 4th level Guild Expeditions are ridiculous. Do something!

DeletedUser28475

Round 1-2 is okay but once you get to level three, all the armies have buffs and on top of that you only get 8 men to kill much more. Then round 4, the buffs increase depending on your own stats from great buildings. Several people have noticed this forcing players into negotiating instead. It's an illusion. What is the purpose of getting Great Buildings to enhance yourself if you're going to make sure the armies get as much as you or more?

The armies should not be getting a tremendous buff. There are no people in that army to logically give such a buff and it is basically telling players that you are going to match their great buildings stats which is stupid because players often times spend many goods, sometimes diamonds to do all of that and you're cheating them.

We get EIGHT people to fight against 16 with an army that has more buff percentage than the player does. If a great building with those stat buffs levels then the armies you go up against...get an increase too! This is not acceptable.

Having only 8 men to fight 16 in level 4 is difficult enough. Level 3 is doable but the armies also get a stupid stat increase that is bigger than what the stat increasing GB's provide. Why not give us for round 4

A. 16 people to pick from our own army to even the score

AND

B. no ridiculous stat increase for the AI's..including round 3 and 4.

If your attack and defense GB levels, the armies you fight against get an increase too!

I was watching my cousin that is higher level than me playing and we both saw this increase happen.

This is forcing people to negotiate instead that could use their goods and medals for other stuff.

wolfhoundtoo

You are incorrect (and so is your 'cousin'. The enemy stats do not increase based on the how much you level your GBs. The level of the enemy's boosts is dependent upon your city's age and only your city's age (well and of course the level of GE you are in).

DeletedUser28475

a 50-70% inc in npc armies for colonial is way too much. How can that be even considerable amount for npcs to get that kind of boost? Where is the link that explains the boosts that NPC armies get and how it's applied?

wolfhoundtoo

For GE I don't believe there is one. Someone started a thread in this forum to compile the rates. if you are asking for 'justification' from Inno as to how they developed the boosts that doesn't exist. if you mean on the continental map I believe there is a wiki for that which states the boosts but no explanation.

DeletedUser28475

Look at the third level of GE and fourth. The armies get a boost in their stats. Hover over the armies there is their boost percentage increase. I'm not sure if this increase heightens over your own Great building boosts.

DeletedUser24787

the enemy boost dont increase due to your own GB they are set values per age after you clear a temple the enemy boost slightly increases

Are you on Rugnir? if so that city could use some improvements as far as the tweaks they did when they rolled out tier 4 they did the following not seen them change or update this
Battle:
  • Iron Age - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • Early Middle Ages - Removal of boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • High Middle Ages - Decreases in boosts in the 3rd difficulty
  • Late Middle Ages - No changes
  • Colonial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Industrial Age - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Progressive Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Modern Era - Decreases in the 1st and 2nd difficulties
  • Postmodern Era - Decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Contemporary Era - Minor decreases in the 1st difficulty
  • Tomorrow - Minor decreases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties
  • The Future - No changes
  • Arctic Future - Increases in boosts in 1st, 2nd and 3rd difficulties

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfhoundtoo

Look at the third level of GE and fourth. The armies get a boost in their stats. Hover over the armies there is their boost percentage increase. I'm not sure if this increase heightens over your own Great building boosts.

As noted the enemy boosts are based on the age/era of your City. The levels are set at the beginning of the week (so if for example you moved from Tomorrow Era to Future Era you'd be facing units with the boosts of Tomorrow Era levels). As harbinger stated while the boosts are set (and stay the same week to week with the exception of the recent week where they announced way ahead of time that there were changes coming) the boost of the enemy gets higher and higher as you progress thru the levels of GE.

DeletedUser13838

What's interesting to note is that the reason inno gave for making certain fp prizes go straight to the bar was to motivate players from stagnating in an age. But this is yet another recent change they made that contradicts that. You're so much better off staying in your current age now than you are moving up if you want to complete ge. Getting fps to the bar doesn't change that.

DeletedUser25273

I think the reason for the adjustments is that they found that higher aged players tended to progress farther in GE than earlier aged players. Since you get better rewards at higher ages (if only because higher age buildings tend to be better than the same building at a lower age), there is some advantage to moving up. I am not apt to let GE decide if I am going to go up an age or not, but it might influence if I am going to age up before or after the start of GE for the week. (Depends if I more want the quick access to new era troops from GE, or to be able to push farther though GE)

DeletedUser13838

You can sit in say colonial and assuming you have a traz and some rogue hideouts you can bring your zeus, cdm and coa each up to level 10/11 and basically just walk through all 4 levels of GE (tbh I'm not 100% what the boosts are in CA but I'm using the 50% the OP stated). Over time you can pick up all the reno kits you need. And if I'm not mistaken you can get troops of later eras while remaining in colonial making ge even easier.

In AF reno kits are worth more or less the same as a 1-up kit which have limited value outside of goods building like oases. Meanwhile success in level 4 in later eras require much higher boosts and at 1% every other level...if you can win level 4 at your current age with reasonably obtainable boosts then there's really no reason to move up.

DeletedUser8420

1st, this is in the proposal thread and as soon as jaelis or another mod sees it will be moved to the forge hall for discussion since it is not in the proper format.

DeletedUser

This is forcing people to negotiate instead that could use their goods and medals for other stuff.
No one is forcing you to play a certain way. If you choose to try then it's the same rules as everyone else. It's your game.
Maybe you might want to consider leveling up your attack GB's or do something about getting more goods to negotiate.
For me, I am glad Inno didn't dummy it down. Read the release, they said it will be difficult. Would it make you feel better if you got a ribbon for trying?

Last edited by a moderator:

wolfhoundtoo

Round 1-2 is okay but once you get to level three, all the armies have buffs and on top of that you only get 8 men to kill much more. Then round 4, the buffs increase depending on your own stats from great buildings. Several people have noticed this forcing players into negotiating instead. It's an illusion. What is the purpose of getting Great Buildings to enhance yourself if you're going to make sure the armies get as much as you or more?

The armies should not be getting a tremendous buff. There are no people in that army to logically give such a buff and it is basically telling players that you are going to match their great buildings stats which is stupid because players often times spend many goods, sometimes diamonds to do all of that and you're cheating them.

We get EIGHT people to fight against 16 with an army that has more buff percentage than the player does. If a great building with those stat buffs levels then the armies you go up against...get an increase too! This is not acceptable.

Having only 8 men to fight 16 in level 4 is difficult enough. Level 3 is doable but the armies also get a stupid stat increase that is bigger than what the stat increasing GB's provide. Why not give us for round 4

A. 16 people to pick from our own army to even the score

AND

B. no ridiculous stat increase for the AI's..including round 3 and 4.

If your attack and defense GB levels, the armies you fight against get an increase too!

I was watching my cousin that is higher level than me playing and we both saw this increase happen.

If you give me some specifics I can offer some suggestions. I would need to know your Attack/defense boost (please note if the number you give is with or without the tavern bonus), the unit types you have available, the enemy units (be specific as to what is in each wave) and the enemy boost. Also let me know if you have rogues (attached or other wise).

DeletedUser26154

What is the purpose of getting Great Buildings to enhance yourself

I had a vision.

During Oceanic Future...
A new Great Building will be ushered in.
The Herald of a New Era for FoE...

This Great Building... according to my waking, lucid dreams...
My Premonitions...

download (1).jpg

A New Great Building will be added.
It will boost invading armies attack and defense values like Zeus, CdM and CoA.

DeletedUser

@ARDAK, you watch too many lifetime movies. I have cancer and 6 months to live will you please raise my children?