• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

?

Johnny B. Goode

I have been playing almost 6 years. The biggest change I see is that trading of goods is done mainly for two reasons. One is to acquire goods to build a higher age GB. The other is to acquire previous era goods for negotiating or opening GE levels. I suppose there is some trading to acquire next age goods, but trading for same age goods has lessened to the point that it's almost non-existent on some markets.

Algona

I'm tempted to say good topic, but that would be an awful pun.

Let's call it interesting instead.

Has this changed your playing in any way?

Yup.

Spinoffs of Goods SBs include allowing faster new city development and enabling the 'trade down' technique others are experimenting with.

Through 2018 a major selling point for Babel, LoA, SMB, FoD, RaH (140 tiles) were the Goods they produced. Lvl 10 of all five gave 103 / 206 Goods.

2019, 2020 - a dozen Sleigh Builders (6 current Era, 6 previous Era, 180 Goods) (84 tiles) provide flexibility for Goods production and Quest completion. Combined with the other Goods SBs can take care of most players needs aside from heavy negotiating.

2021 - Goods SBs will continue to be important but the ability granted by Arc + GBG will bring powered GBs to ever more players enabling players the option to go back to GBs for even more Goods production.

A lot of the excess Goods produced will be funneled into new player development and Guild Treasuries.

Ericness

I totally agree the newer SBs have drastically changed the game from what it was a few years ago. Goods buildings are pretty much obsolete for a player that's gone through a few events (unless they want to produce something specifically), as are housing, decorations, and cultural buildings. I suppose that leaves production buildings and troop barracks, but even those aren't as important as they used to be as a city ages. In my main, production buildings are disposable and used to fullfil event quests only. Ditto for my barracks which I don't even bother connecting to a road thanks to my Traz (which saves me from needing any two-lanes).

While I'm not complaining about this arrangement, I think it does remove some element of strategy and "realism.". It also makes me feel like there's a lot of effort that's been put into later age buildings that will likely never see much action unless an event specifically calls for them. Really curious to see where the game goes from here and what, if any, adjustments are made. Especially considering the player base hungry for ever more powerful SBs.

PS - one thing I certainly don't miss are those complicated trading tables that would have you trading at rates beyond 1:1, 1:2, and 2:1.

Lord Pest

Goods buildings for me died when I had an 80 level arc and a decently leveled CF. The event buildings also provide a decent amount of population. Back in the day they didn’t and I build an Inno tower to provide population and get rid of my houses which took up 2/3rd of my town. If I was starting today i might never need to build a population providing GB or houses.

Tony 85 the Generous

If I was starting today i might never need to build a population providing GB or houses.
In the city I started 8 months ago, in iron age, most of my neighborhood was demolished with the first event building and the remainder with the second. I build Oracle and LoA, but never built or even considered building ToB.

Kranyar the Mysterious

A decently leveled Chateau blows everything else out the door, whether regular goods building or event building.

I never build goods buildings, and never build event buildings based on their goods output either. Goods building size affecting value stopped being relevant a long time ago, as reflected in no one ever using a trade calculator anymore.

It's been well over a year since I've seen any trades based on that.

Now it is more an issue of scarcity of a given age's goods compared to the eras above and below it that makes the biggest difference.

RazorbackPirate

Once I found out about RQs, my first order of business was to eliminate my need for goods buildings. Now I've got more than I could ever use. GBs, RQs, Special Buildings, so many ways. I do trade up and down in the market as needed, but a bit of camping and spinning RQs donating to GBs fills the inventory of an age quick.

The1Reaper

I have been playing almost 6 years. The biggest change I see is that trading of goods is done mainly for two reasons. One is to acquire goods to build a higher age GB. The other is to acquire previous era goods for negotiating or opening GE levels. I suppose there is some trading to acquire next age goods, but trading for same age goods has lessened to the point that it's almost non-existent on some markets.

I'm tempted to say good topic, but that would be an awful pun.

Let's call it interesting instead.

Honestly there are a lot of guilds that trade down for things like GE, GVG, & GBG. As a lot of guilds have a lot of member's in different ages and need the goods for things like unlocking GE, placing siege camps in GBG and placing Sieges in GVG.

Yup.

Spinoffs of Goods SBs include allowing faster new city development and enabling the 'trade down' technique others are experimenting with.

Through 2018 a major selling point for Babel, LoA, SMB, FoD, RaH (140 tiles) were the Goods they produced. Lvl 10 of all five gave 103 / 206 Goods.

2019, 2020 - a dozen Sleigh Builders (6 current Era, 6 previous Era, 180 Goods) (84 tiles) provide flexibility for Goods production and Quest completion. Combined with the other Goods SBs can take care of most players needs aside from heavy negotiating.

2021 - Goods SBs will continue to be important but the ability granted by Arc + GBG will bring powered GBs to ever more players enabling players the option to go back to GBs for even more Goods production.

A lot of the excess Goods produced will be funneled into new player development and Guild Treasuries.
It's not really experimenting now but rather common for people to trade down across the severs!

Algona

It's not really experimenting now but rather common for people to trade down across the severs!

Well, sure. Been going on for years.

But no one has documented doing it to start a city. Especially doing it to quick start exploiting GBG and speeding GB acquisition and leveling.

As the sign on the outhouse says:

"No job is really finished until the paperwork is done."