• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] 5000 Apple Giveaway

DeletedUser31507

d-s0b8f42bea8b48e6b
Hello,
I've completed the Fall Questline {Event Quest}
It has been said by @forgeofempires to give mention of the game play on Instagram and also use the hashtag #forgeofempires in order to have
have a chance at winning 5000 apples.
^^^(((((What i need to know is when will the great 5000 apple giveaway be held?)))))^^^
They're very few apples left in my city after all i've completed the said quest and i'm afraid that all of the great rewards will soon be vanished from the ^^^Today's Special^^^ listed on the fall event menu.

DeletedUser12620

There is a option to tag questions to represent that it's a question and not another giveaway like the one we had before.:)

Lucifer1904

This should be in the questions thread so I will go ahead and move it. I will also try to find the answer

DeletedUser27889

Luci-

Can you also try to find info on the instagram contest? They run these contests for every event but never mention what you need to do to enter, when the drawing is, when the prize is awarded, any rules (IE post a pic, retweet?) and they never even ask you for your server let alone world. Or tell you how you will be contacted... Also, never once have I seen mention of a winner???

I've never seen any other contest with 0 posted rules and information not even a drawing date, also that doesn't advertise it's winners?

They don't even tell you how winners are chosen, how many there will be and who is eligible IE is it just US server, just US and EN? Anyone who can speak English enough to make an English version FB? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Lucifer1904

We're giving away 5 x 3000 Apples!
You have a chance to win if you:
1. React to this image and
2. Comment by telling us how many or what differences can you spot below!

Facebook^^

Last edited:

Lucifer1904

forgeofempiresStill looking for winners! Show us where you play our Fall Event (mobile/PC, Location), use @forgeofempires AND #forgeofempires in your caption and get a chance to win 5K Apples!

Instagram ^^

DeletedUser27889

Luci were you just posting those as a reference point so people know what's being talked about or do you think that answers any of the questions?

My question was on the instagram contest,

Show us where you play our Fall Event (mobile/PC, Location),
What does this mean? I've seen others take a picture of things like their city, their yard or their gaming set up because they have no idea what is being asked for.

So because 'show' and 'caption' are in the post I'm supposed to assume it is a picture. Do I post the picture to my instagram and tag them or post it to theirs? Is this a picture I have to take with a camera or does a screen shot of my city count... Or how about a google maps image of my house? Should I be drawing something?

For instance is this a game of chance or is it a contest? Will the entries be judges and if so what is the criteria?

A Sweepstakes is a campaign in which entrants can win a prize based on chance. No purchase, payment, or other consideration is permitted, and the winner is picked at random. The element of consideration must not exist in a Sweepstakes. Caution: consideration is anything of value the contestant must give up to participate, monetary or non-monetary, and can exist if the contestant must expend substantial time or effort that benefits the sponsor. For example, some states have determined that providing contact information is consideration if the information is to be used for marketing purposes.

• A Contest is a campaign in which effort, skill, or merit, is required to enter to win a prize. For example, you may require people to upload a photo or video in order to enter. The winner is determined by voting or other judging criteria. The element of chance must not exist in a contest.

Here is a link to the rules one should be following when posting a contest on social media ( at least to a US audience)
https://www.shortstack.com/social-media-contest-rules-template/ Maybe pass it to whoever it modding them so they can learn from it. These contests sound like they would be great if there was ever enough information provided on how to enter them, or announcement of anyone ever winning.

Also the link you posted redirects to the FoE homepage.

Lucifer1904

Show a picture of you playing the fall event. Not a city picture but of you and your device. The link I didn't realize did that, I apologize. They are both sweepstakes type. Any contest outside of the game does not have winners released.

Example of valid image entry would be:
A photo of you playing Forge Of Empires on your PC.

DeletedUser26965

Why are there no forum announcements about the Instagram or Facebook contests?