• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

~~~~~9 WISHING WELLS!!!!~~~~~~

DeletedUser

I already had 2 Wishing Wells before the Summer Event began. I have won 7 more for a total of 9!! Is it really worth it to place all of them in my city given how much space that will take up? Also if someone could post all of the available rewards that the Wishing Well can give out that would be very helpful. I know the was a thread way back from the Easter Event that showed all the rewards, but I have searched and came up with nothing. Thanks in advance

DeletedUser4844

Ok, first of all, you unbelievably lucky SOB! Stop bogarting the wishing wells.

Second, here is a table listing the possible rewards:
AgeCoinsSuppliesGoods
MedalsFPDiamonds
BA45045010 BA Goods2250
IA1080108010 IA Goods3250
EMA1800180010 EMA Goods5250
HMA2520250010 HMA Goods10250
LMA3330333010 LMA Goods19250
CA5060423010 CA Goods31250
IndA6320632010 IndA Goods49250
from this thread: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/...egarding-buildings-and-their-production/page5

In addition, Bug Huntsman stated that the wishing well gives out the following amounts for the progressive age
7670 coins
6030 supplies
10 PE goods
65 medals
2 forgepoints
50 diamonds

Note that, although some prizes are more likely to occur then others. Goods, coins, and supplies, are all very likely. Medals are somewhat likely, and forge points are a little rare. Diamonds only seem to occur about 1% of the time.

Here is a thread making some value comparisons for the prizes from the wishing well with structures in town that might provide similar rewards and the space they generally take up: http://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?3087-Wishing-well-value-comparisons

In my opinion it would be worth placing all 9 wishing wells, but they would take up an awful lot of space. That's 81 city spaces. For comparison purposes, that could also get you 5 2x2 houses, 4 3x3 production buildings, and 2 4x3 goods buildings, and you would still have 1 space left over. Obviously that's a pretty big sacrifice. However, with 9 wishing wells going, you probably don't need as many production buildings or residential buildings, you can almost certainly skip all goods buildings of your current age, and as you go through the ages you will probably get enough in terms of goods that you don't have to build any goods buildings, and you might well be able to get away with fewer cultural buildings because you have fewer residential buildings.

DeletedUser2382

They are always worth building. Although the benefits are random, they are basically always better than whatever else could be placed in the same place. And with 9 of them, you probably will be getting a few diamond drops here and there.