• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

96 hour Penalty

Raslo81

It says that if a player was active in GvG then switches guilds they cannot participate in GvG for 96 hours. How long after they participate in GvG would they need to wait to not be considered active and change without the penalty?

Raslo81

96 hours?
You think a person has to be inactive for 96 hours before they can leave a guild? That would make sense as that is the imposed penalty but I was looking for clarification. The rule is vague on that as I have seen it written.

DeletedUser8152

It was my impression that when you join a new guild, you can't play GvG for 96 hours. It doesn't matter whether or when you participated in GvG in your old guild.

But I have not tested this personally :) If someone knows better, let me know.

DeletedUser10415

You think a person has to be inactive for 96 hours before they can leave a guild? That would make sense as that is the imposed penalty but I was looking for clarification. The rule is vague on that as I have seen it written.

No. You can leave a guild any time you like. But if you participated in GvG in your previous guild, I read it as you must wait 96 hours from that participation to participate again in your new guild. I suspect it works something like this: Your last action in GvG is timestamped. The next time you go to the GvG overview, your guild affiliation is checked. If it is not the same as the last time, and 96 hours have not elapsed since the last timestamp, you will be denied entry to the GvG overview.

Raslo81

I should have been specific and say, leaving a guild for the sole purpose of fighting for another guild. Yeah that's what I was looking for. In general you are not allowed to fight in more than one guild in a 96 hour time frame. You can fight as much as you want for one guild but must wait 96 hours before you can fight in another. Thanks for the help.

DeletedUser18341

The answer might be somewhere else but I sure hope a mod or real expert reads this and can help with clarification.
None of the above is accurate according to what we've witnessed this week on our server.

Person A and B had been doing GVG but little to no GVG in the main guild- they left, formed a new guild and fought within seconds
Person C Fought in GVG and waited in the main guild for 97 hours and went to form a ghost and couldn't fight for another full day.
Person D Fought in GVG and waited the very same 97 hours as person C but had to wait 2 extra days before he was able to fight in the new guild.

When we filled out a ticket, we were told that it was because they joined a new guild and had to wait 96 hours. But why didn't the first two ppl have to wait?
If persons C and D both stopped fighting in GVG at the same time and joined the same new guild around the same time, why did 1 get to fight a full day before the other?

I can give names but the most frustrating part is that the ppl in Support are telling us that it's because they switched guilds and that's their only reason why. We pointed out that 2 others switched and got to fight immediately but with no response.

A lot of us are confused by the discrepancies- please help!

DeletedUser9433

The answer might be somewhere else but I sure hope a mod or real expert reads this and can help with clarification.
None of the above is accurate according to what we've witnessed this week on our server.

Person A and B had been doing GVG but little to no GVG in the main guild- they left, formed a new guild and fought within seconds
Person C Fought in GVG and waited in the main guild for 97 hours and went to form a ghost and couldn't fight for another full day.
Person D Fought in GVG and waited the very same 97 hours as person C but had to wait 2 extra days before he was able to fight in the new guild.

When we filled out a ticket, we were told that it was because they joined a new guild and had to wait 96 hours. But why didn't the first two ppl have to wait?
If persons C and D both stopped fighting in GVG at the same time and joined the same new guild around the same time, why did 1 get to fight a full day before the other?

I can give names but the most frustrating part is that the ppl in Support are telling us that it's because they switched guilds and that's their only reason why. We pointed out that 2 others switched and got to fight immediately but with no response.

A lot of us are confused by the discrepancies- please help!
A and B lied to you, simple answer really.

Ylisaveta

I was person A

Then you're the person to ask: what does "little to no" mean exactly? You did or did not perform a GvG action as a member of the guild. Did you place a siege? fight a single fight against a siege army or a defending army? Did you place a defending army? Count 96 hours from that last action.

DeletedUser18341

Then you're the person to ask: what does "little to no" mean exactly? You did or did not perform a GvG action as a member of the guild. Did you place a siege? fight a single fight against a siege army or a defending army? Did you place a defending army? Count 96 hours from that last action.

It means, I fought a lot, 7 days prior, couldn't play all week after that. When I left, joined a new guild and set a siege within minutes. So I know I had cleared the 96 hour mark plus some. But according to the support tickets, "a person cannot fight for 96 hours after joining a new guild". I found that odd since I left and joined a new guild and fought without issue while the other ppl on my list had to wait longer.
Support told one of them that their last GVG action was on 7/7. He was finally able to fight again last night, 7 full days from the time that Support showed his last battle.

DeletedUser18341

Sorry for the late response- yes, he did GE.
In fact, we had someone sit in our main guild for 4 days, finished GE on Saturday of this week and left to join another guild and fought that night.
Joining another guild in this situation didn't trigger an additional cool down. GE didn't trigger a cool down.

Just seems to be different rules or some hidden "thing" that we're not aware of that kept several of our members from being able to fight immediately after the 96 while others haven't had any issue at all.

DeletedUser16163

I just created my own Guild. I am in the 96 hour window. My question is: Why don't I get credit for my Hall of Fames and those that I plundered?

DeletedUser9433

I just created my own Guild. I am in the 96 hour window. My question is: Why don't I get credit for my Hall of Fames and those that I plundered?
It updates once per day at recalc time, 6PM EST.

DeletedUser16163

Yes recal was 25 minutes ago. I collected my two HOFs yesterday right after recal and plundered two more today. However, My Guild Level points still show 0/60.

DeletedUser3679

Yes recal was 25 minutes ago. I collected my two HOFs yesterday right after recal and plundered two more today. However, My Guild Level points still show 0/60.

Not sure if this is what is happening, but I have seen it take up to 2 hours (or sometimes even longer) for the guild level points to show up. They are calculated at reset, but don't necessarily show at that time.