• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A 5th Bonus Level to Guild Expedition

Arya66

So where would it end?? Let's say a 5th Level is added. How soon before people want a 6th Level? I think 4 is enough.

Cowbingo

So where would it end?? Let's say a 5th Level is added. How soon before people want a 6th Level? I think 4 is enough.
lol ya we will want a 100 lvls its the nature of the beast as far as the 5th lvl getting harder people will have diff look at it and all info is good thats how ideas get worked through
me like the idea that it gets harder like GBG but faster and hell you have to fight next ages troops 2 fights of 8 then you are at and 10-15 attrition per fight
keep the 4 lvls for the people that do play it maining because they want that trohpies and getting all their guildlies to complete it 133%
the 5th lvl would be for fun for the people that love their guild but no way are they going to win 133%
moo u later

planetofthehumans2

Why not infinite levels? Just make the next more and more difficult and only count the first 4 for the competition. Might actually make statue of gaia useful to buy more attempts - the only limiting factor.

My problem with GE/GBG is that there is an entire 24+ hour time span where there is zero fighting going on, waste of my SC/HC benefits when I already finished the map. If we had more levels - can we get more time to fight on the bonus levels after the tournament ends?

really that may be hard-ish for you guy's BUT... for others even getting truoght level 4 is an impossible task to do with troops and takes hundreds of their goods to neo it should be somthing completly seprate only avilible from say clolnail age up and have amazing prizes be great for the guild and be a real game changer

Kranyar the Mysterious

really that may be hard-ish for you guy's BUT... for others even getting truoght level 4 is an impossible task to do with troops and takes hundreds of their goods to neo it should be somthing completly seprate only avilible from say clolnail age up and have amazing prizes be great for the guild and be a real game changer
Yeah, no. I've completed level 4 in every city I've ever created from the first week I can participate. Level 4 is possible to accomplish if a player chooses to make an effort, even a new city that just unlocked guilds the prior week. Nothing impossible about it.

Cowbingo

Why not infinite levels? Just make the next more and more difficult and only count the first 4 for the competition. Might actually make statue of gaia useful to buy more attempts - the only limiting factor.

My problem with GE/GBG is that there is an entire 24+ hour time span where there is zero fighting going on, waste of my SC/HC benefits when I already finished the map. If we had more levels - can we get more time to fight on the bonus levels after the tournament ends?
oh when i mentioned GBG i didnt mean that it will reset attrition every 24hrs i meant that it should get harder by 15 evry fight on in 5th lvl 10 fight 150 attrition

Pericles the Lion

Not so. GBG is in recess 0800 Monday to 0800 Thursday (server time) every other week. GE is in recess 0800 Monday to 0800 Tuesday every week. They overlap for the 24 hours from Monday to Tuesday every other week but there's no "zero battling". How about hitting the neighborhood or PvP? If you're SAM+ you can negotiate on the c-Map. If earlier than SAM set your SC collection for 2400-0800 and you can use the charges before GBG/GE ends on Monday morning and again the following day just after GE opens. If you time it right, there is no gap in either fighting or negotiation.

planetofthehumans2

Not so. GBG is in recess 0800 Monday to 0800 Thursday (server time) every other week. GE is in recess 0800 Monday to 0800 Tuesday every week. They overlap for the 24 hours from Monday to Tuesday every other week but there's no "zero battling". How about hitting the neighborhood or PvP? If you're SAM+ you can negotiate on the c-Map. If earlier than SAM set your SC collection for 2400-0800 and you can use the charges before GBG/GE ends on Monday morning and again the following day just after GE opens. If you time it right, there is no gap in either fighting or negotiation.
There's the whole day of monday (not today but every other monday) that's completely out for negs/battles. I'm not in SAM but negotiating doesn't trigger SC on the map and you can't do that in the hood (would be interesting). And then if you delay doing ge to neg on the last day you risk another guild getting #1 (although whose really negging on level 4 ge?!). The time which both of these starts/ends is during normal human sleeping hours, so sure someone "may" be able to time it just right to avoid when both of them are completely locked out for 18 hours, but that's not real world useage. It was real stupid of inno not to stagger these times with these two gb's, like why would anyone ever do this is beyond comprehension (the same people who implement heal all and tavern ads clearly). There's nothing preventing inno from being able to stagger the times in the future - just keep it closed an additional day or two and open gbg on a Wednesday or whenever and then there's no overlap in lack of battles to be had.

Just give us the extra time on ge even if it doesn't count for anything, do the extra level or not but it would be interesting to see a limitless spiral.

Ebeondi Asi

Lack of battles? you can fight around 70 or so in your Hood every single day. non-stop. If you bother to do PvP you can add i another two dozen a day without spending anything. and if willing to spend a few Medals, at least 50 a day.
If yo are in a Space Age, you can fight the Space Ore deposit collections.
If you bother to plan it out, you can fight in Continental Map on the 'no fights' in GE or GbG days.
You can fight anytime in GvG. (True you need to be playing on PC to do so. It is also true most fighting takes place at one brief time-span, but that is not a game limited thing.)
As for problems fighting in GE.. that is entirely lack of pre-planning and 'moving up too soon" and not gaining enough attack boost to get through level 4 easily before you moved up to the next level.
In the past two yearsI have never had any problem doing the new level GE 4 autobattle mainly because I made sure I could fight through he previous Era GE4 easily (before then i may have been too stupid to do so? LOL)

Pericles the Lion

There's the whole day of monday (not today but every other monday) that's completely out for negs/battles.
Sorry, but you are wrong. There is no time when you cannot battle to use up HC charges. Both the PvP Arena and the Hood are 24/7.
And then if you delay doing ge to neg on the last day you risk another guild getting #1 (although whose really negging on level 4 ge?!).
I'd wager that lots of players negotiate Level 4, especially players in early ages with low A/D boosts, that want to complete GE64.
The time which both of these starts/ends is during normal human sleeping hours, so sure someone "may" be able to time it just right to avoid when both of them are completely locked out for 18 hours, but that's not real world useage.
I don't know what "normal human sleeping hours" are. Players may be in different time zones. US server time is Eastern time in the US. I can say that I've never had a problem using up my SC charges every other Monday when GE and GBG end at the same time. It's an 8-hour window (2400-0800), not very difficult to manage.

Xenosaur

Going to PING this to remind everyone that sometimes, wishes do come true.... (hint, hint) :)

Stay tuned.

Dursland

GE5 sounds really cool but have to say GE4 starting on the third week of a new world is brutal enough already lol. I'm having to spend my entire week prepping goods for it ever since we started. Hopefully Dilmun gets more time to mature before they roll this out.

xivarmy

GE5 sounds really cool but have to say GE4 starting on the third week of a new world is brutal enough already lol. I'm having to spend my entire week prepping goods for it ever since we started. Hopefully Dilmun gets more time to mature before they roll this out.

I got ahead this past week and had the goods enough a few days in to finish 4 :) Though next week will be tight again I suspect. I'm planning my move to LMA tomorrow before GE starts I think (still torn on before vs after - I'd like to move on from using EMA goods in negotiations so I can finish them up and drop my EMA production).

But yea, a 5th GE level on a brand new world, I can only imagine the struggle if you were going to do that the first week! I might have to accept just not doing so without some very optimized planning! Next year's problem ;)

It'll be some months before we ever see a 5th difficulty on live though - there isn't one on beta (yet) and it'll be on beta for ~ a month probably before live.

Ebeondi Asi

I want to tell anyone, Negotiating instead of fighting is not very productive. It just gets worse as you advance. Learn how to fight, and get good at it. Build the fighting Great Buildings, Zeus. Cathedral of Aachon, and Castle Del Monte. Level them up to at lest ten before you move up an Era.

xivarmy

I want to tell anyone, Negotiating instead of fighting is not very productive. It just gets worse as you advance. Learn how to fight, and get good at it. Build the fighting Great Buildings, Zeus. Cathedral of Aachon, and Castle Del Monte. Level them up to at lest ten before you move up an Era.
All of that takes time. You can negotiate GE4 your first week on a new world. And if a new Iron Age city can muster the goods, a further along city with more space, some event buildings, etc certainly can. And negotiating never gets any harder. The multiplier on goods you pay is the same in iron age as it is in SAJM - your city just makes more :)

Fighting will usually be the goal, but if you want to do GE4 *now*, you negotiate while you work on that. And the start of a new world is when you might actually care about those GE rewards :) (Of course with my luck so far on Dilmun that's not exactly a great advertisement - 4 GE4s in I have 1 Level 2 Face built lol. I have a Terrace Farm upgrade but not Terrace Farm *to* upgrade) ; but I've had other worlds that had great benefits from early GE4 :)