• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

a fighting chance

DeletedUser38317

can i get some info on how to get full upgrades for event bgs, with the events going the way they are if you don't buy diamonds well your out of luck

Agent327

can i get some info on how to get full upgrades for event bgs, with the events going the way they are if you don't buy diamonds well your out of luck

Can't speak for this event (yet), but up till now every event has been designed for you to collect a fully upgraded building. If you fail at that, it is because you do not complete all quests, or unwisely spend your event credits. You never had to buy diamonds.

DeletedUser38317

i complete all quest and up to date as for spending credits its to keep pace with the league, folks who spend diamonds gets further rewards and folks that dont spend falls further behind, so hows that a fair playing field for the ones that caint get their hands on a credit card

DeletedUser38317

well at the start of the day i was in silver league and by the end im knocked down to bronze and falling fast out of that so folks are spending big to get further ahead i just dont get how this is fair playing field

DeletedUser34480

There are 2 things here to consider:
- many players save their footballs for later. I, for one, moved a field just on 3 occasions. As you can imagine, when I decide to spend all my saved balls, I make a huge leap forward.
- as for spending money, well, that is inevitable in free-to-play game. They got to make money somehow, so spenders get more.
In my opinion, it is just a question of how much more payer get. This one is reasonable, IMO. I've played one game (way more advanced than this one) where you'd be nothing without consistently buying stuff.

Vger

i complete all quest and up to date as for spending credits its to keep pace with the league, folks who spend diamonds gets further rewards and folks that dont spend falls further behind, so hows that a fair playing field for the ones that caint get their hands on a credit card
Who told you this was supposed to be a fair playing field? People who spend real money on this game will always have an advantage over F2P players like myself. I've never considered that to be the least bit unfair.

It is looking to me like it should certainly be possible to get a fully upgraded treasury without spending diamonds even if you finish in Bronze or lower league. That is assuming you make reasonably smart decisions about which coach to use and which player to pass to.

I suspect that more people are spending diamonds on this event than normally do. I almost never spend diamonds on events, but have spent 150 on this on e and may do another 150 for the Ultimate coach. I did this without a credit card. 150 or 300 diamonds is easily earned in a week or 3 from GE, GBG and WWs.

Mustapha00

You seem to be referring to the League Rewards rather than the Daily Quest Rewards from the Event.

Inno, with almost no exceptions, designs their Events so one main Prize, fully upgraded, can be won using no Diamonds. Someone with a better memory than I will have to chime in with a list, but I can't recall one offhand.

Now, if you want multiple fully-upgraded Event Prizes or many of a particularly choice Daily Prize, either you're going to have to be extraordinarily lucky winning Diamonds in game or you're going to have to spend real money. Players that are willing to fund the game to offset us 'freeloaders' are going to be rewarded by Inno.

DevaCat

What they all said. If like me you don't have any budget for game purchases, and are using what diamonds you scare up for expansions, some event options are going to be out of reach.

Don't spend game currency (footballs) chasing a league position. That will be determined by how much you move on the field, and in almost all events Silver and Gold finishes will require diamond spending. As already said, if you want the main event building you can get one with smart play without placing in Silver or Gold. Inno makes it possible for us ftp folks to do that.

Decide if you want the main prize or to collect daily specials -- going to be hard to impossible to do both without spending. If it's going to be the main, then ignore the daily specials and concentrate on the most cost efficient players to move the ball down the field to get those upgrades you need. It may be counter-intuitive, but those players tend to be ones with lower yardage, lower chance for daily special, and prizes you likely will not need or want. But they will get you to that fully leveled main prize you do.

Algona

Highly recommend you read and heed the advice of the previous three posters. They speak sooth.

i just dont get how this is fair playing field

It is absolutely fair.

You have the exact same option as everyone else. You can buy all the Diamonds you want.

That most players choose not buy Diamonds, including me, does not make the game unfair, it means we have chosen not to buy the Diamonds.

The consequences of that choice, as is the case for all in game choices, are our responsibility, not INNO's.

DeletedUser34480

Per sake, it is actually unfair.
Sorry, Algona, you cannot say "you have exact same option, you can buy Diamonds".
Per definition, it is free to play. Imagine, if in a real game, you were stopped few yards short. You go to ref, give your credit card, boom -- you have 1st down.

The thing is, we are mindful of how it works. (and OP, possibly, is new to this free-to-play). Inno has to make money, game is not a philanthropy. So, it is fair within this frame.

RazorbackPirate

Fair means equal access to everyone. Everyone has access to diamonds, therefore it's fair. Fair does not mean equal outcome.

As such the Free to Play players should expect one thing, while the Pay to Play players get as much as they're willing to pay for.

You already get to play for free on the backs of those pulling out their credit card. With the proper strategy and activity you'll get a fully upgraded main prize for free. What more do you want?

What more do you think you're entitled to get for free on the backs of the others that are willing and able to pay to get more than you?

Algona

Per sake, it is actually unfair.
Sorry, Algona, you cannot say "you have exact same option, you can buy Diamonds".

Why can't I say that? It is true isn't it? Has INNO ever told anyone they can't buy Diamonds besides folk who refuse to fullfid INNO's requirements to buy Diamonds?

---------

Regarding this nonsense:

Per definition, it is free to play. Imagine, if in a real game, you were stopped few yards short. You go to ref, give your credit card, boom -- you have 1st down.

Your analogy sucks because it is not within the rules of that game to do so.

If it were within the rules of the game and anyone could do so then yes, it would be fair.

RP nailed it:

Fair means equal access to everyone. Everyone has access to diamonds, therefore it's fair. Fair does not mean equal outcome.

I disagree completely that the concept of 'fairness' enters into this discussion. It is the player's choice. INNO allows all players to buy Diamonds. Not allowing some people to buy diamonds would indeed be unfair.

But as is, it ls perfectly egalitarian, all players can do as they please.

----------

Which holds for all aspects of this game. Players make choices, whether it be to eschew GBs, not put up Defensive Armies, leave plunderable buildings uncollected, make bad bids on GBs and get sniped, or all the other myriad silly choices that bring folk to the forums proclaiming "It;s unfair!"

In each and every case it's not a matter of 'fair' it's a matter of making a choice, having undesired consequences of that choice, and then not accepting the responsibility for those consequences.

Which delightfully is a choice in and of itself: whether to cry 'Unfair!' or accept responsibility for making a mistake and correcting it.

'Tis a fine measure of a person, that choice. I know who will be more successful, who I want to work with. live with, and play with.

Last edited:

Mustapha00

"Free to play" means just that: Inno will not require you to spend one dime to play their game.

However, nowhere do they tell you that your playing experience will not be enhanced (or, if you prefer, made easier) if you are persuaded to spend a few bucks.

Dr. Smite

As long as you find an efficient and rewarding way to play, diamonds are not needed and are there to help out players that want to spend them.

The Lady Redneck

I feel INNO is making it easier to play without buying Diamonds. (Unless you are a "Keeping up with the Jones's type) I enjoy the challenge of completing something by using my own initiative and/or a little patience. Sometimes even waiting until the Event came round again the next year and hoping that U/Gs would be offered as a daily prize. But now the AD offers U/Gs and even event buildings.

Also as people keep saying over and over and over again. INNO does NOT force anyone to buy anything. Yes they are in the business to make money. Yes they have stuff you can buy. So does a supermarket. Do you rant about how bad it is when you go into Wallyworld and they have just put out their fresh baked french bread and it is still warm. You will not be forced into buying it. It is not something you NEED. But no way would I go home without a couple of those loaves. AND I really thank Wallyworld for tempting me as I get home and slice it and spread it with butter.

DeletedUser

Anyone who has been around this game for a few years can remember when amassing a bunch of Wishing Wells in secondary cities was about the only way to get Diamonds for free. And not all that many even with them. Now you can still do the WW Diamond Farm, you can do a GE Diamond Farm, You get free Diamonds occasionally from Incidents. Diamonds occasionally from GBG, Chateau Frontenac boosts the number of Diamonds you get from Recurring and other Quests, and there is another recent event building that gives you a shot at free Diamonds (can't remember which one right now.) So the complaint that not spending money puts a player at a disadvantage becomes less and less valid with each new way to get free Diamonds.

Personally, I buy the occasional Diamond package, and it lasts me about 5 times as long as it did when I started 5 years ago because all the free Diamonds greatly extend the life of that package. If I chose to only spend Diamonds on expansions when I reach new ages in my 5 cities, I would probably be able to do so indefinitely without ever buying another Diamond.

DeletedUser38317

omg i had to buy diamonds to get the full up grade for this event, inno is just fleecing us, at this point and on top it off that you have to buy more just for land expansions to put it down. this is unfair and bang out of order, for a free game its not so free after all ,is it?