• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

(A little early I know) Revamp halloween event.

DeletedUser26159

Proposal: Revamp the Halloween event to be more than just a do x to get random reward, get mediocre building for all your trouble.

Current system: The Halloween quest is just a historical quest but with much more vague instructions and an ok reward at best

Details: Halloween as we celebrate it now revolves around costumes and going around to collect candy, and we can do a similar idea with quests from Jack O'lantern. I assume the spirit of Halloween would like candy and costumes, as they are what it is associated with now. Perhaps we could randomly get candy from collecting residential buildings, and costumes from supply or military buildings. You would trade in candy instead of eggs similar to the Easter event, and costumes would be required to collect candy. Nobody wants to give candy to a costumeless person nor a person who wore the same costume twice, and to make it less farming based, 1 day residential buildings would provide the most, while the 1 hour and lower would provide the least

Abuse Prevention: The costume would prevent spamming 1 hour residential buildings to farm for candy

Visual Aids: Just imagine the Winter and Easter events but with a creepy/very old chest, and candy instead of eggs or cookies

Conclusion: No more of the boring celebrations of hallow's eve, we shall now celebrate with trick or treating, costumes and more, now that we can enjoy (almost) everyone's favorite spooky holiday in style

DeletedUser26829

Proposal: Revamp the Halloween event to be more than just a do x to get random reward, get mediocre building for all your trouble.

Current system: The Halloween quest is just a historical quest but with much more vague instructions and an ok reward at best

Details: Halloween as we celebrate it now revolves around costumes and going around to collect candy, and we can do a similar idea with quests from Jack O'lantern. I assume the spirit of Halloween would like candy and costumes, as they are what it is associated with now. Perhaps we could randomly get candy from collecting residential buildings, and costumes from supply or military buildings. You would trade in candy instead of eggs similar to the Easter event, and costumes would be required to collect candy. Nobody wants to give candy to a costumeless person nor a person who wore the same costume twice, and to make it less farming based, 1 day residential buildings would provide the most, while the 1 hour and lower would provide the least

Abuse Prevention: The costume would prevent spamming 1 hour residential buildings to farm for candy

Visual Aids: Just imagine the Winter and Easter events but with a creepy/very old chest, and candy instead of eggs or cookies

Conclusion: No more of the boring celebrations of hallow's eve, we shall now celebrate with trick or treating, costumes and more, now that we can enjoy (almost) everyone's favorite spooky holiday in style
Not totally involved in the background.. But I agree in general that the Halloween event is much less interesting to play than the Autumn apple adventure.. I've accepted that deficit in hopes that the team is busy developing something interesting for Christmas..

DeletedUser27096

I liked the event but I am a very new player and usually defer to the more experienced folks on the forums. That said, my only annoyance is that the mummy avatar I should have won was the male version and last time I checked, I was a female. Since I didn't want a gender reassignment ;), I couldn't use the cute avatar. Boo :(

DeletedUser26829

Not totally involved in the background.. But I agree in general that the Halloween event is much less interesting to play than the Autumn apple adventure.. I've accepted that deficit in hopes that the team is busy developing something interesting for Christmas..
Totally agree. For me the Hallowe'en event has been a total nightmare. Less interesting by far than the Autumn apple adventure.. and much less rewarding too. The only outcome for me, from the Hallowe'en series of quests has been the erosion of my bank of supplies.. I gained less than I normally get back from side quests and my usual play was completely disrupted.
Like you, I am hoping that this damp squib of an effort will be excused by an jaw dropping Christmas adventure..

tstar99

don't know if it's a glitch or if your doing it on purpose. but we are constantly reminded about the halloween event. it's almost as bad as the presidential election in the u.s..please give us a break. it won't make us buy more diamonds.lol

DeletedUser27096

don't know if it's a glitch or if your doing it on purpose. but we are constantly reminded about the halloween event. it's almost as bad as the presidential election in the u.s..please give us a break. it won't make us buy more diamonds.lol
Yes, I find that annoying, too, as well as the fact that even though I completed the event, I still have the "guy" on the side where the quests are, saying "You completed the event.". I clicked Okay on that box but it has not gone away.