• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A problem with FPs on 3 of my worlds - I don't want them!

• Thread starter DeletedUser33179
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

Same answer

Which seems like it was meant to claim some kind of victory on your part, but there's none to be had. They said it wasn't a push. To quote a previous post, "you'd better read it again". She was advised to donate some to a stranger or two simply to avoid accusations from concerned players like yourself, not because it was a push account.

Did I say they don't?

No, you said they wouldn't define one, which was meant to imply that it could still be considered a push account even if the answer she got said it wasn't. Another attempt on your part to claim some kind of victory here. There's still none to be had.

Agent327

Which seems like it was meant to claim some kind of victory on your part, but there's none to be had. They said it wasn't a push. To quote a previous post, "you'd better read it again". She was advised to donate some to a stranger or two simply to avoid accusations from concerned players like yourself, not because it was a push account.

No, you said they wouldn't define one, which was meant to imply that it could still be considered a push account even if the answer she got said it wasn't. Another attempt on your part to claim some kind of victory here. There's still none to be had.

Only one who sees it as a victory is you.

Yes she was advised to donate to a stranger or two, but "you have already donated a lot of FPs to those players in question, so you have in sense paid it forward to them" does look like a suggestion to stop donating to them from now on and keep picking random players to donate to in future.

They clearly do not say, keep donating to the ones you picked, but donate a little bit to others to make it look better.

Bottom line, you all said it was all good. She could do it the way she wanted to do it. I said she couldn't and it looks like I am right.

Jeez, that could be seen as a victory. I now see why it bugs you.

DeletedUser36624

IMO, the proper way to look at this is not what @Clara Osgood is trying to do, but rather could someone who wants to make a pusher account disguise it this way? I.e. the potential for abuse. Unfortunately, you then end up having to make a judgment call about how much work on the main(s) is needed for it to not be a pusher account, and have obscure rules about only dumping bar FP and only when it hits 100 (cuz you know a pusher would want to be pushing all that hourly FP and all packs too).

Particularly given that it isn't hard to find places to dump 100 FP, I have to come down on the side of outlawing concentrated donations, not because @Clara Osgood is doing something wrong, but because others who do want to do something wrong will use it to push the envelope of what they can get away with.

DeletedUser33179

IMO, the proper way to look at this is not what @Clara Osgood is trying to do, but rather could someone who wants to make a pusher account disguise it this way? I.e. the potential for abuse. Unfortunately, you then end up having to make a judgment call about how much work on the main(s) is needed for it to not be a pusher account, and have obscure rules about only dumping bar FP and only when it hits 100 (cuz you know a pusher would want to be pushing all that hourly FP and all packs too).

Particularly given that it isn't hard to find places to dump 100 FP, I have to come down on the side of outlawing concentrated donations, not because @Clara Osgood is doing something wrong, but because others who do want to do something wrong will use it to push the envelope of what they can get away with.

The mod was very clear in his response that there was nothing wrong with every aspect of my chosen play style in those 3 worlds. But the fact I'd decided to give my fps to 1 person obviously made him a little uncomfortable. I believe that's exactly for what you say.

He stated he checked my cities & my friends donations history - I imagine it was everything, not just for things between us two. That neither for us appeared to have any suspect play or transactions, etc is why I believe I was not instructed specifically to no longer give fps to them. If the mod wanted me to stop giving to them, he certainly would've said so (no need to be vague if that's what he wanted). He does though repeat the phrase "just spread it around" twice.

By telling me he "prefers" I to donate to more players (which I will do, as I said I would), than no one can do a setup like mine but with the intention of cheating. That player would complain to the mods "You let her have 1 friend so I should be allowed the same treatment."

DeletedUser33179

True they can donate to whoever they want to. Part of the point was the motivation stated doesn't match the action stated. If the motivation is purely get rid of FPs then there's no reason to have such specific criteria for where they go to. It'd take less effort to just look at the top player in the hood and dump

It's also pretty strange that someone so against elitism then makes the rules so restrictive that anyone who isn't within their friendgroup already is pretty unlikely to even be eligible to accept the offer

Your mention of "Elitism" - which is from a totally different thread - was discussed in the context of what advice players may give/not give to others regarding those other players' play decisions. My choices/decisions are in the context of what affects only me, no one else.

If you like taking things personal & then carrying around grudges, by all means continue to your heart's content.

Emberguard

If it only affects you and no one else, then there wouldn't be a thread to offer FPs to another player. Regardless of if it's positive or negative it's still doing something that effects another player(s).

If your motivation truly is purely getting rid of FPs then it doesn't matter who or where it goes to which makes the thread a pointless endeavour given you already have a neigbourhood.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Okay, they do tell you what a push account is. @Agent327 even quoted it:
"8. Pushing
Operating a push account or knowingly benefiting from it is forbidden. A push account is an account that is mainly used to help another account while neglecting other parts of the game. This means that it is not allowed to use an account solely for the purpose of helping another account grow, or to knowingly receive benefits or any kind of support from such account."
Notice it says push account, not push city. Clara's account is comprised of all the worlds/cities she plays on the US server. Therefore, her actions on these 3 cities may look to the outside observer like a push account, but as her interaction with in-game moderation showed, it is not. Her account has other worlds/cities where she does not neglect other parts of the game. In addition, even these 3 cities are not used mainly to help another account, they are used mainly to help her own account on other worlds by producing Diamonds. This is also why Diamond farms are not push accounts. Because they are helping their own account and not another account. In fact, getting rid of her bar FPs actually helps her more than it helps the players she's giving them to, because it keeps her Wishing Wells operating instead of getting shut down when they produce FPs.

Now, I'm a Forum moderator, not an in-game one, but it sure looks from their response that what I've just outlined is the criteria they were using to determine if her cities constituted push accounts.

Agent327

Notice it says push account, not push city. Clara's account is comprised of all the worlds/cities she plays on the US server. Therefore, her actions on these 3 cities may look to the outside observer like a push account, but as her interaction with in-game moderation showed, it is not. Her account has other worlds/cities where she does not neglect other parts of the game. In addition, even these 3 cities are not used mainly to help another account, they are used mainly to help her own account on other worlds by producing Diamonds. This is also why Diamond farms are not push accounts. Because they are helping their own account and not another account. In fact, getting rid of her bar FPs actually helps her more than it helps the players she's giving them to, because it keeps her Wishing Wells operating instead of getting shut down when they produce FPs.

Nice logic, but it does not work that way.

1. One account per player
Each player may have only one account per world. Each account may have only one user and may not be logged into or played by any other player.

While it is allowed to play multiple worlds with the same account, every world is seen as an individual account. Playing other worlds does not mean you can use one as a push account. With your logic, Graviton could start a world on M, built it up and start repaying the favor. According to you that wouldn't be pushing, cause he has other cities where he does not neglect other parts of the game.

Only reason Diamond farms are not push accounts is cause diamonds are shared on all worlds. Anything else you try to share is pushing.

DeletedUser33179

Most likely cause Longshanks and others still do not get it. Afraid you would lose those fp's once they see the light?

When I self-reported my 3 WW cities, I included the details as I did here. I also provided a direct link to this thread, so they could see what (if anything) I was saying different. And I freely provided this forum with copy of my game ticket.

The in-game mods made their decision. I freely provided this forum with a copy of their reply.

Did I get 100% of what I wanted? Of course not (but did get 95%). Such is life. No where in this thread do I complain about it. Instead, I stated I'd do exactly as was suggested - "spread the donations a bit more." Thanks to my self-reporting, those mods now know who I am. If I ever do cross the line into any breach of TOS, they can let me know & punish me accordingly.

As they confirmed my chosen playstyles are legit & I've already implemented what was suggested by them, I'm not worried. If other folks wish to continue to spend their time debating amongst themselves, that's fine.

Agent327

Thanks to my self-reporting, those mods now know who I am. If I ever do cross the line into any breach of TOS, they can let me know & punish me accordingly.

Yes, that was and is very big of you.

As they confirmed my chosen playstyles are legit & I've already implemented what was suggested by them, I'm not worried. If other folks wish to continue to spend their time debating amongst themselves, that's fine.

No, they told you that you have to adapt your chosen styles to make them look legit. If they were legit you could have continued the way you wanted.

You can now claim you got 95%, but you are forced to do things you never wanted to do in the first place.

I have now converted 3 of my cities to WW only farms, each designed to be dealt in only a few seconds each day. - fail
I just can't bring myself to dump lots of fps on one random hoodie GB. - fail

Algona

In game mods are official authorities on in game rules and easily reached. Stephen Longshanks is an official representative and has proven he's responsive regarding forum rules.

While the negatives are obvious, what positive can any poster get from listening to or responding to Agent or any other poster regarding accusations of rules violations?

DeletedUser

Since the original purpose of this thread has been fulfilled, I am going to close it. A couple of points, though.
1. In-game moderation investigated what Clara was doing and determined that it was not in breach of the rules.
2. Posting about suspected rules infractions, both in-game and Forum, is against Forum rules. If you believe someone has broken the rules, the correct avenue is:
a) In-game: Contact support and open a ticket about it.
b) Forum: Use the "Report" button on the offending post.
Be aware that when you open a ticket about another player or use the report button, you will not be informed of the resolution of that matter.
Here is the relevant Forum rules section:
To report the breaching of rules by another player In Game please use the support system. Do not open complaint topics in the forum. Any reference to IG (In Game) Bans, Ban discussion (forum or IG) or cheating is forbidden. Please note that this includes advertising cheating (i.e, offering premium points for services ingame). The Forge of Empires Team will act with discretion in all situations. This is to maintain the privacy that stands between Moderators and Players, and we expect that privacy to be upheld by players also. This applies to Forum Moderation as well as IG Moderation.

Status
Not open for further replies.