• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A question for everyone who is in or looking for a guild.

DeletedUser5129

What does belongi9ng or finding a guild mean to you? I'm new to Forge of Empires and belong to guild in two of the 4 worlds. I don't belong to a guild yet in Cirgard or Arvahal. I'm looking for one to join in both worlds. In games similar to Forge of Empires where you can join a guild, team etc the purpose is to look after each other. One of the Cardinal rules is you don't attack members within your own guild or brother/sister guilds, or allies of your guild. If there is a newbie who is a part of the guild, the guild is there to advise it's newer player to the game give tips and advice. Maybe warn you about players who don't play nice , who are rude in messages and just generally bad people. They might help you complete tasks. The guild leader/s might tell you that your guild or an ally's guild is at war and we need to help them out the best we can. To me it's about pulling resources and these people in your guild are like your family in the game. To me it doesn't matter if a guild is small with just a few members or if it is a large guild looking for the best people that will help the guild grow. Not just in strength but in character. If your guild is about fighting nothing against that. If you are about being a peaceful guild that is about gaining wealth and trade that is cool too.

DeletedUser2145

My view of what a guild should be is, in a way, on top of my guild's description:
We're not your average guild, we see ourselves as an actual community where mutual support is the main goal. We are here to enjoy Forge of Empires to the maximum through aiding one another.

Trust each other, help each other, teach each other, keep company to each other, but most of all - understand each other. We do have rules in place, but that's mostly because (as stated above) we want to enjoy the game and I think anyone just taking away but giving nothing at all in return takes away some of that fun.

There are many great guilds other, but I think one actually has to try one out before they can say it's a suitable guild for them. Rules are written things, they're not experience you feel on your own skin, so personally I cannot fully explain my idea of a guild but I can show it, hence the above "in a way" where I stated my view of a guild.

DeletedUser5295

To me the purpose of a guild is fellowship, helping each other to grow and supporting each other. I am in a guild that does a fantastic job with all of those and much more. We do use the chat to talk and help each other. We M/P for each other daily, help each other out with trades, advice, support etc.. They are on both Cirgard and Arvahall. If you are interested In talking with me about them please feel free to message here or in Cirgard, my name is the same in game. I am also one of their recruitment officers and would be happy to chat with you about the guild.

DeletedUser4726

I have joined a guild in march and have only spoke to one person.. in a email, telling her by because she was leaving.. Played a lot of games and never met people like that..I am active mo and po all my guild and neighbors.. but only a few return the favor.. I think it is past time to move on to another Guild.. even though my # is 1 I don't know who owns the guild..lol...

DeletedUser

I only joined a guild because they offered to send me a t-shirt.

The free trades and advice on moving forward were an unexpected bonus. When GB's were added the benefits were obvious.

DeletedUser4726

I am in an fantastic new Guild Dark Zombies, and love the caring and fellowship. we make fair trades and communicate on a daily basis..We Mo & Po daily.. think about it. that is 77 times in 24 hours.. Only 3 spots left !! Join Us...

DeletedUser5641

My view of what a guild should be is, in a way, on top of my guild's description:

Trust each other, help each other, teach each other, keep company to each other, but most of all - understand each other. We do have rules in place, but that's mostly because (as stated above) we want to enjoy the game and I think anyone just taking away but giving nothing at all in return takes away some of that fun.

There are many great guilds other, but I think one actually has to try one out before they can say it's a suitable guild for them. Rules are written things, they're not experience you feel on your own skin, so personally I cannot fully explain my idea of a guild but I can show it, hence the above "in a way" where I stated my view of a guild.

why would there even need to be rules for a guild the benefits for a guild are minimum other than the trades that dont cost forge points and dont have to be neighbors other than that I dont see an upside.

DeletedUser5857

Hi. I'm newbie. Willing to learn and help. Looking for guild. Thanks

DeletedUser

Maxno, none of your buildings are connected with a road...

Anyway, I'm presently in a guild and we help each other out as much as possible, but there's no communication. I started thinking about moving on to another guild, but haven't decided if I really want to or not. I'd rather stay with my present Guild, but there's no communication going on and I like to chat with members to find out what they are like.

I play a Very Popular First Person Shooter and belong to a, we call them Clans, VERY big Clan. We support each other in EVERYTHING that we do. That's the type of Guild I'd like to help my present Guild to evolve into, if possible.

I was talking to one of the people in my friends list the other day and he said it could be that my Guild is from different countries and that could cause the communication problem. The Clan that I also belong to is one of the BIGGEST Clans in the world with members from Every country.

Sometimes, yes, there is a problem with the difference in languages and slang, but when something is mis-understood, we sit and explain what was meant and what the person is saying... That's the way I envision my guild growing to be...

Sorry, I didn't mean to go off on a novel writing spree...

Last edited by a moderator: