Forwarded Ability To Hide Notification Icons

DeletedUser14228

Proposal

Have the ability to hide the bouncing notification icons that appear over our city's structures. These would be the stars, moons, crates, tools and any other icon that bounce over a given structure to signal an action.

Details

There are many times when I just wish to enjoy the superior visuals the game has to offer. Unfortunately the vast majority of the time my city is cluttered with over-sized "bouncing" notification icons that are very distracting and often hide or block other structures. This makes it difficult to enjoy the aesthetics of the game and fully appreciate that artistry on display in our own personalized creations. :)

Abuse Prevention

No potential abuse

Conclusion

Hiding these icons could be easily implemented by simply adding another user-defined option. There are already options for stopping animations or turning off smoke & clouds. This would simply be an expansion of that and allow players to customize things to their liking. It could easily be turned on and off whenever the need arises. I can't see any case where this would change the way anybody is currently playing. It would just allow those who enjoy the artistic value of the game to view their creations in their full glory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caled

I vote yes. Hiding the bouncing notification icons would make possible to better visualize the city layout in order to make changes whenever needed or simply enjoy the sight.

DeletedUser15575

I can see no problems with this concept as proposed. I enthusiastically endorse this change!

DeletedUser26262

This gives each gamer the choice to have bouncing icons or not. The icons of when something is polished. Why not let each user choose if they want things bouncing over their beautiful graphics of the game? The artisans of the game do a great job with the detail and aesthetics of the game. Some of us would like to turn off the bouncing icons so we can appreciate the beauty of this war game. ;)

DeletedUser14228

Not sure why anyone would vote against this. This is NOT a proposal to removed notification icons. It's a proposal to be able to turn them on and off like you can city building animations and city smoke/clouds. I understand that on mobile when you turn off city animations it also turns off these large annoying icons bouncing all over the city. That doesn't happen on PC. I would like to see an additional option to just turn off the notification icons. This would be added to the other user defined options under "game options."

DeletedUser8152

Not sure why anyone would vote against this. This is NOT a proposal to removed notification icons. It's a proposal to be able to turn them on and off like you can city building animations and city smoke/clouds. I understand that on mobile when you turn off city animations it also turns off these large annoying icons bouncing all over the city. That doesn't happen on PC. I would like to see an additional option to just turn off the notification icons. This would be added to the other user defined options under "game options."
Well, just to play devil's advocate, there are some reasons you might vote no:
- Option bloat is generally bad, because it makes the game more confusing and less accessible to newcomers. It's a good bet that if they do this, we'll get occasional posts from confused players wondering where their stars went.
- Any changes to the system involve the possibility of new bugs.
- Given that there is a finite amount of development time, you might want to vote in favor only for the proposals you think are most important, to increase the chance of those being implemented.

DeletedUser14228

Which proposals are most important is subjective and a matter of personal opinion. I along with many others find these over-sized icons very annoying. I don't think there would be much, if any development time involved since nothing is being developed. You just need to write a line of code to turn on or off something that has already been developed. And that code is already written since you can turn on/off city animations and smoke/clouds (separate options). They would just need to change the variables to the predefined notification icons which are tagged in a single group type.

Algona

I along with many others find these over-sized icons very annoying.
Not sure why anyone would vote against this.
Note to the OP: These sorts of statements are counterproductive to your purpose of getting your proposal approved.

You don't speak for others, claims that you do are preposterous and annoying.

Questioning why folk might vote against your idea makes you sound not confident, unthinking, and makes asses like me want to come up with reasons to vote against your idea.

You have a reasonable idea well presented that is getting a solid yes majority. Saying stuff like the above just jeopardizes the easy win.

DeletedUser14228

Hey Algona,

Not sure why my statements bothered you so much. Don't take them personally. I hope they didn't ruin anymore than the one day they obviously did. If they annoy you so much simply ignore them and move on. That's usually what confident and thinking people do.

I will end this with stating that I was not speaking for you when I said "many others." I sincerely apologize if those two words somehow translated to Algona when you read them. Not really sure why that happened but I'm thinking it just may be related to your perceived personal attack here.

But I'll help you understand this if I may. "Many others" refers to the many others in my guild who share this opinion. We get together and brainstorm ideas and intend to present them here one at a time. This is just one of many. So, going out on a limb here I'm going to make an innocent statement and hope it doesn't offend you but "most people" consider 78 people "many." Again, I'm very sorry I ruined one of your days.
I hope things have improved since then.

Thanks!

Algona

Hey Algona,

Not sure why my statements bothered you so much. Don't take them personally. I hope they didn't ruin anymore than the one day they obviously did. If they annoy you so much simply ignore them and move on. That's usually what confident and thinking people do.

I will end this with stating that I was not speaking for you when I said "many others." I sincerely apologize if those two words somehow translated to Algona when you read them. Not really sure why that happened but I'm thinking it just may be related to your perceived personal attack here.

But I'll help you understand this if I may. "Many others" refers to the many others in my guild who share this opinion. We get together and brainstorm ideas and intend to present them here one at a time. This is just one of many. So, going out on a limb here I'm going to make an innocent statement and hope it doesn't offend you but "most people" consider 78 people "many." Again, I'm very sorry I ruined one of your days.
I hope things have improved since then.

Thanks!
pffft. 'confident and thinking'. Sigh.

Ya missed the point. The type of condescending crap you're posting is counterproductive for the purpose of getting your proposal passed.

As I said your proposal is reasonable and well thought out with a majority of posters, including yours truly. supporting. You already had the win.

So why pile on with irrelevant, distracting, baiting junk posts?

Why is it that a win by itself isn't good enough for you?

EDIT: Notice the difference in what we're doing? I'm trying to show you how to be a graceful and successful winner. You're being a condescending ass. Think about it.

Last edited: