Ability to plunder events from neighbors (Poaching)

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by the Kwisatz Haderach, Feb 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Kwisatz Haderach

the Kwisatz Haderach New Member

Proposal
    When looking at a neighbors city, if an event appears, you can see it and take it.

Current System (if applicable)
    Currently you cannot see or take events in neighbors city.

Details
    The player would be able to see and collect events just as they would when looking at their own world. When looking at their history a player would be notified that Poachers stole one of their events. No need to fight to Poach.

Abuse Prevention
    Some players may Poach all their neighbors. You can limit poaching to a maximum of once per day.

Conclusion
    This would be a reward for players that are more active in the game, who actually spend time looking at their neighbors cities, it also gives players who don't like to fight, a way to gain rewards beyond the usual coins from giving aid. It will give you something to do, when there is nothing else to do.

2. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Active Member

-1 BIG NO
    According to the DNSL, anything that alters plundering in any way is strictly forbidden.

Plus, battling takes little effort, awards you with bigger rewards (most of the time, anyways), and one does check out cities when choosing to plunder a building, or when deciding to come back the next day to do it again. Those who choose not to fight don't deserve those kinds of rewards.

What's next, negotiating our way into plundering?

3. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

Seems to be another 'something for nothing' proposal. Before you plunder you have to defeat the city's defense; even if the player has already given up (2 spearfighters or an otherwise purely symbolic defense) you still have to fight. This requires nothing more than a mouse click to steal somebody else's stuff. Hard no.

4. Himgur

Himgur New Member

Interesting concept. No.

Algona likes this.
  5. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Events are game specials that run multiple days. How are you supposed to plunder those? Next up is the Carnival Event. If I plunder that from a neighbour can I play it twice?

Most stupid proposal I ever saw!

icarusethan likes this.
  6. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Active Member

I think this person meant "incidents" rather than events. Still a no from me.

Salsuero and Graviton like this.
  7. icarusethan

icarusethan Well-Known Member

well, don't use most yet, this forum generates proposals like that every other week. like... trying to make me lost the confidence towards the human being.

8. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Closing thread as alterations to plundering are DNSL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.