• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

about chat threads used as swap threads

Bugly

Don't u think we really need more TABS and ways to organize our guild threads , swap threads, chat threads and such ?

Tony 85 the Generous

There are only two choices to organize threads. I will agree ahead of time that swap and 1.9 threads are player constructs, so there is minimal incentive to work with the message center for that reason alone. While the ability to have threads marked as important, hidden, favorite is nice, unfortunately guild-important threads get buried amongst the guild chat, swap, GBG, and other guild coordination threads. Unless a player constantly scrolls or constantly enables the filter(s) the threads get buried and posts get missed.

Three options that might be nice for the message center:
1. Allow a guild to create 2-3 tabs to organize the guilds threads. But my professional gut feeling is that would take a ton of programming and/or database to track the different guild's custom tabs. Furthermore, where do you draw the line on the number of tabs? 2? 3? 5? 10? 0? There will always be a comment about the limit.
or
2. Instead of filter buttons, just make them tabs. An advantage to the tabs is the notification dot (yellow dot) would apply.
and/or
if you are interested in not missing messages from one of the filters (especially guild-important)
3. Add a yellow dot to the filter buttons.
1622063627629.png
This would help notify the player(s) that a thread marked important has a new post when it is not visible on the thread is not visible on the first page.

I would vote first for idea #3.

A simple solution. Put your swap threads under the guild tab, and stop permitting just anyone from creating them in the social tab

A simple solution. Put your swap threads under the guild tab, and stop permitting just anyone from creating them in the social tab
The issue with this is if someone is abusing a swap thread you have no way to remove them from it pending resolution. I have seen players join free to join guilds, spam the swaps without compensating the previous gb. With swaps in social tab players must be added to each thread to access them.

The issue with this is if someone is abusing a swap thread you have no way to remove them from it pending resolution. I have seen players join free to join guilds, spam the swaps without compensating the previous gb. With swaps in social tab players must be added to each thread to access them.
You do have control of who joins your guild and whether they remain. Your problem really isn't the message center

67Sage101

LOL. What a good idea. A game mechanic here to fore untapped. I should get hopping permission to try this and experiment on how long it takes to get kicked. My record is two days and that was because I dared to ask why the guild had such high level players and only a 1.8 thread instead of a 1.9 thread. LOL.

JELLOFELLOW

I have seen many threads buried within another thread, being used in social as a 1:9 thread, plus the regular 1.9 Guild thread, where higher up players talk amongst themselves and take all places on almost every thread. That way it prevents those lowly players from getting a single thing.

Ebeondi Asi

On active 1.9 that is the way it goes. fast. fast is very good. and certainly better than snail paced. If a player is finding it difficult to take positions, they might consider moving to a slower, more laid back Guild.
Personally played six cities for a long time, still play three. never saw a situation where anyone found it difficut to take part in 1.9 due to high speed. (though really fast can lead to double takes and dropped offers as the thread speeds along) Problems with being too slow are far far worse. (And definitely worth finding a new Guild over.)

JELLOFELLOW

I don't know why a Guild has the right to boot you a day before GE and GbG is over. They take your troops, your goods, your diamonds you used to help them get to #1 then poof you are gone with nothing to show for your effort. I think a Guild should not be allowed to kick a player until Battlegrounds are over. What do you guys think?

WinnerGR

Don't u think we really need more TABS and ways to organize our guild threads , swap threads, chat threads and such ?

Maybe I dunno really. I would sought of like the ability for guild leaders to create more tabs withing the Guild Menu but it could make it quite claustrophobic and possibly more confusing.

--------------------------------

I don't know why a Guild has the right to boot you a day before GE and GbG is over.
I do. They could be cheating on swap threads; they could be sniping spots; they could not be meating guild requiremnets; they could be spamming in guild chats and a whole libary full of more reasons. Also GE and GbG often overlap meaning it could take weeks to kick a member.
They take your troops, your goods, your diamonds you used to help them get to #1
No they don't.
I think a Guild should not be allowed to kick a player until Battlegrounds are over. What do you guys think?
I think that that is a terrible idea for the reasons above.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

No That is already all available. You need your guild founders and leaders to think the tabs there are out logically and set them up in a way that benefits the guild members.

have seen many threads buried within another thread, being used in social as a 1:9 thread, plus the regular 1.9 Guild thread, where higher up players talk amongst themselves and take all places on almost every thread. That way it prevents those lowly players from getting a single thing
A good guild should be disciplined enough not to allow any social chit chat what so ever in any swap or 1,9 threads. Or in threads set up for GBG, GE or GvG matters. If it is very active then two 1.9 threads, could be needed, one for military buildings and one for others. Social chit chat should be kept to a threads specifically set up for that purpose or be done in one to one threads between individual players.
I don't know why a Guild has the right to boot you a day before GE and GbG is over.
A good guild never kicks an good active contributing member of the guild without good reason.

Last edited:

JELLOFELLOW

The reason I got kicked was I miscalculated and shorted a player for the number 5 spot by 1 point. I mean they are on the channel Discord and they talk live to each other about who needs what on what, and level their building up and up without ever adding them to any thread. Or they add the building to the 1.9 tread and finish all before anyone can blink an eye. If someone can make a suggestion that a guild should not be allowed to kick someone out while they are playing GE or GbG that would be very helpful. I can't make that suggestions, I don't have the credentials. There is plenty of time between tournaments to do some kicking.

The Lady Redneck

If that is the way they want to play the game do not hang around. Go find another guild that values all its members. You are free to move around as many guilds as you like until you find the ones that suits you.

Ebeondi Asi

I would guess the one FP short was an excuse to boot, not the cause. From reading your posts here, the whining alone would be a good reason to boot you, the one FP short was the 'last straw' needed to have a legitimate excuse..
Find a more laid back Guild.

HeyMay393

It only depends on the guilds main focus, whether it be finding FP swap partners, PvP or GvG allies, or just general advice. The guild leaders can decide how they want to prioritize different features of the game to suit their guild's purpose. Having over complicated places for different threads could just make the GUI more cluttered, and not very beginner friendly.