• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Accept Bitcoin as a form of payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9930

Algona, it seems to me, perhaps wrongly, that the suggestion for bitcoin usage needs no discussion, because no one is willing to present a reason to be opposed, unless you're proffering that some might not want extra competition. But surely, anyone who has bitcoin also has dollars, or any other accepted currency, or access to an accepted currency; so what if they find bitcoin more convenient?

Only Manda has presented close to a plausible reason, worry that Inno could go bankrupt. Perhaps, one could say that Inno would be unlikely to consider bitcoin usage in the absence of a suggestion, thus avoiding error in treatment of bitcoin. I doubt that, however.

So, Ardak, I vote yea.

DeletedUser9930

OFF TOPIC: {Ardak, when they run out of popcorn---a lemonwedgie favorite, I might add---you could opt for cotton candy;)}

DeletedUser29563

Algona, it seems to me, perhaps wrongly, that the suggestion for bitcoin usage needs no discussion, because no one is willing to present a reason to be opposed, unless you're proffering that some might not want extra competition. But surely, anyone who has bitcoin also has dollars, or any other accepted currency, or access to an accepted currency; so what if they find bitcoin more convenient?

Only Manda has presented close to a plausible reason, worry that Inno could go bankrupt. Perhaps, one could say that Inno would be unlikely to consider bitcoin usage in the absence of a suggestion, thus avoiding error in treatment of bitcoin. I doubt that, however.

So, Ardak, I vote yea.
I don't know enough about bitcoin or other conceptual currencies to intelligently support or oppose such. But I would imagine that the opposition comes from a place of fear. Fear of an unproven system. I'm certain there are questions of security..privacy..and value stability...pushing the voices of opposition. Besides the "self preservation" instinct that drives our fear of change.
Myself..I think the addition of cryptocurrency options as payment is fine. But only as an option. It shouldn't..at least at this time..REPLACE physical cash currency.

DeletedUser29563

In the case of my poop, no I won't stand too near. You, of course, are welcome to stand sit lay or walliw near on or in my poop, Maybe you'll ger even better insight improving your analysis of whatever words you choose to put in my mouth. Enjoy!
This would truly make him/her a SLOPPYjoe slayer!

DeletedUser9930

I'm with you, Mathew, don't know much about bitcoin, but see ardak's post {#24} on the previous page for a primer.

The proposal is not to substitute bitcoin for accepted currencies, but to add it to the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

Why does a dissenter from a request have to give a reason if the OP didn't give a reason for requesting INNO make a change?

"unless you're proffering that some might not want extra competition" No, I won't try to guess why others are for or against it.

DeletedUser9930

Come on, Algona, get real. The obvious reasons are either he wants to pay with bitcoin or wants to profit by the sale of bitcoin or both. Sure, sure, perhaps he has a friend who's too shy to ask, but it amounts to the same thing. I'm not trying to win an argument, none currently exists. But, yes, in a formal proposal, which 123 has, as yet, not made, a statement of purpose is required. :)

123's suggestion is reasonable, albeit unlikely to be implemented. Unless the use of bitcoin affects one, one should not oppose the suggestion, having no grounds for complaint. If one cannot explain the negative effects of adoption and others cannot infer them {that's me, for one}, then how could one expect others to cleave to one's view. Isn't the point of a forum discussion of a suggestion to convince others, to get them on the side one favors?

OFF TOPIC: {Algona, sorry if I misinterpreted your previous post. Not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to understand.}

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Come on, Algona, get real. The obvious reasons are either he wants to pay with bitcoin or wants to profit by the sale of bitcoin or both. Sure, sure, perhaps he has a friend who's too shy to ask, but it amounts to the same thing. I'm not trying to win an argument, none currently exists. But, yes, in a formal proposal, which 123 has, as yet, not made, a statement of purpose is required. :)

123's suggestion is reasonable, albeit unlikely to be implemented. Unless the use of bitcoin affects one, one should not oppose the suggestion, having no grounds for complaint. If one cannot explain the negative effects of adoption and others cannot infer them {that's me, for one}, then how could one expect others to cleave to one's view. Isn't the point of a forum discussion of a suggestion to convince others, to get them on the side one favors?

OFF TOPIC: {Algona, sorry if I misinterpreted your previous post. Not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to understand.}
I oppose racism, even though as an older white male it doesn't directly affect me. I oppose the use of bitcoin, or any other of this type of "currency" because it is a private currency in that it does not have the official backing or support of any governmental body that I know of. It was invented by individuals/corporations and administered by the same, which makes it not answerable to the public in the way that national currencies are. For this reason, there is probable cause to question the validity of it as a means of buying/selling anything. If Inno, or any other company were to accept this and then fail or suffer grievious financial harm as a result, it would directly affect me. Therefore, I am opposed to its acceptance by Inno or any other entity. There, I've given more reason to oppose its adoption by Inno than the original poster gave for the proposal in the first place.

DeletedUser26965

I oppose racism, even though as an older white male it doesn't directly affect me.
omg you can't be serious, I mean you do know anyone can be racist and that racism, though it may not always be a direct thing to you, you do indirectly get affected by it but back on topic, of course this type of currency is not backed by a State, that's the whole point. You don't get all your food from the State do you? Yet you eat every day just fine.

DeletedUser

omg you can't be serious, I mean you do know anyone can be racist and that racism, though it may not always be a direct thing to you, you do indirectly get affected by it but back on topic, of course this type of currency is not backed by a State, that's the whole point. You don't get all your food from the State do you? Yet you eat every day just fine.
Since we don't operate under the barter system, where I get my bread from is irrelevant. Apples and oranges. And, yes, I do know that anyone can be racist, but I did temper my comment by saying "directly affect me", which is exactly your point in critiquing my comment. So, it sounds like you're correcting me by saying the exact same thing I said. Right?

images

DeletedUser

You know what's really ridiculous? The OP just joined the Forum yesterday. His only activity on the Forum is starting and posting in this thread about wanting Inno to accept Bitcoin. His user name is bitcoin123. His avatar is a Bitcoin. And yet Tenskwatawa finds nothing to question in that, but opts instead to attack our opposition to this proposal. A proposal, I might add, that even the OP has provided no reasoning for.

DeletedUser26965

You know what's really ridiculous? The OP just joined the Forum yesterday. His only activity on the Forum is starting and posting in this thread about wanting Inno to accept Bitcoin. His user name is bitcoin123. His avatar is a Bitcoin. And yet Tenskwatawa finds nothing to question in that, but opts instead to attack our opposition to this proposal. A proposal, I might add, that even the OP has provided no reasoning for.
Yeah probably just a spammer but sure makes for some great convo!:D

My point was is that you eat just fine without having all your food come from the State, you can also do the same with currency. This would not be a barter system as you would still be using a medium of exchange. You simply would have choice whose currency to use rather than being forced to use one. Choice is something you already have in other areas of your life, where and what you choose to eat, who you choose to date, where you choose to do your banking, at the heart of all of these choices is liberty. Take that same freedom of choice and apply to whose currency you want to use, just as with eating, dating and banking you'll attempt to make the best, informed, trusting decision you can. Or you can go on being told what to do, no matter to me.

Algona

Apology much appreciated, nut not needed. You asked if that was my opinion instead of telling me what my opinion was. See the difference? I write odd,i dig that, I miscommunicate frequently, It'd be damned arrogant (moreso then usual) for me to get upset if someone asks for clarigication.

Come on, Algona, get real.

You can make up whatever you want for his reasons to make the post. (Although you might wanna Stpehen's post above this.)

Sauce, goose, gander?

If you're willing to make up reasons for the OPs post, why not make up some for the other posters as well?

Unless the use of bitcoin affects one, one should not oppose the suggestion, having no grounds for complaint.

No. Wrong. Silly. Short sighted. And worst: Who gets to define if something affects me? You? The OP? Do i have to submit my justification to whoever before I can post?

The forum rules don't say I have to be a stakeholder, support, defend, answer questions about, or rationalize my decision or opinion. You are completely free to discount that opinion; point out that I gave nothing but an unsupported opinion; ask for an explanation of my opinion; heck, even mock me if you want. Sauce, goose, gander!

I utterly reject that there is any reason that you or any forum member can tell anyone that they can or can not support or oppose some suggestion on this board as long.

I'd recommend you quit bashing your head against that wall, have fun with the more interesting question:

How can acceptance of bitcoin affect the game?

DeletedUser26154

I'm going with Ardak's assessment that you are just here to stir up fights.

Look at the thread.
Just like last time.
10 pages of us fighting each other.
The only reason why "Lemonwedgie's friend" [if anyone actually believes that] is here, is to cause fights.
Allied with some guy who can't stop hurling insults with his new profile posts.
Let's handle them the same way we handled them last time.
Cut off the Oxygen and stop paying attention.

images (1).jpg

I would re-ignore this one, but they'll just come back with "more friends".

DeletedUser26154

Also, just to wrap things up.
Bitcoin is mainly used for illegal transactions.
It is from a de-centralized source.
There are no regulations.
The U.S. Government is already investigating Bitcoin.

If a person is afraid to let the MMO company know who they are...
Then they do not belong here.

download (3).jpg

Period.

cbalto1927

i would vote no. I find it very strange that according to Bitcoin converter to US dollar. One BitCoin equals to 5000 US dollars. The exchange is updated as of today and could change the next day. If the currency converter is correct then by using 5000 dollars can pretty much buy anything in this game? Can someone verify the conversion rates for BitCoin to US dollar?

Status
Not open for further replies.