• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Add 1 Friend

sawbuck80

Was "noob'ing" along following the story line quest until I got to this part (the thread title). Where is the "Add a Friend" tab located? Is there a list of friends to choose from? How do add a suggested name/email/???? of somebody?

Kranyar the Mysterious

At the far right side of your friends list is where you'll find the game recommendation button on pc I believe. Don't think there is a recommendation button on mobile.

Better is to find someone you would like to have as a friend (usually from your neighborhood list if you are new), click on their portrait, then select "add friend" on the right side. If you are guild hopping, picking someone active in a guild you pass through is a good choice.

If a person declines your invite, don't stress over it, there are plenty of other good players out there. Picking someone who is active is key though, since they will motivate your buildings and visit your tavern.

Ironrooster

On the computer
Click on the friends tab on the social bar.
Click on find friends
Click on Add button under one portrait.
This satisfies the quest, but you don't actually have the friend until that person accepts you as friend.

sawbuck80

Well, I've accepted at least one friend and have had a multitude of polishing and motivation actions. Some have an "Aid" button that I hit thinking i'm going to be sending back aid only to find I get gold coins added to my stash instead. Some questions:

* Where is the best place to post appreciation/thanks/etc.
* What is the best method of accumulating supplies that does not spend real world dollars
* Is there a specific area for communicating with the guild one joins
* What are typical actions for iron bronze age noobs who visit someone's city.
* ... probably many more

idunno38

Was "noob'ing" along following the story line quest until I got to this part (the thread title). Where is the "Add a Friend" tab located? Is there a list of friends to choose from? How do add a suggested name/email/???? of somebody?
Just started yesterday, so a total noob, and have been having the same problem since last night... Every reply I could find (even on Wikihow) just kept saying "go to the social tab and..." and I couldn't find any social tab anywhere! Finally, after a Google search, I just found a thread where someone wanted to know where to report a bug, saying that their social tab had disappeared and stating that, "since they were at (some kind of) Venus level, they had obviously researched Thatched Houses long ago" which finally clued me in to that research needing to be done to unlock and be able to view the social tab... You would think it would mention that in the hint!!
Saw an ad for this game and read some reviews that said it was a mobile version of Age of Empires, which I loved, so I decided to try it out... Definitely NOT like AoE :( (more a Civilization-like game, if you ask me) but willing to give it a chance as long as there aren't many more issues like this that waste my time searching for answers

Emberguard