• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Add a box showing days absence in profile

• Thread starter DeletedUser27925
  • Start date

DeletedUser27925

It's none of your damn business when I was last on.

How have you played this game for 4 years and not know fundamentals?
Sorry you feel that way but FOE already shows 7 days of your activities and will delete your account if you don't play after a certain period. So maybe, FOE should allow each player to say yes or no to showing their non activity count. This is a public game with interactions with friends and neighbors and guilds. Don't play in such environment and stay with solo games only.

Graviton

Sorry you feel that way but FOE already shows 7 days of your activities and will delete your account if you don't play after a certain period.

As he said, guild leaders can see activity. As someone else said, you can check who has aided you in the Town Hall. Not just anybody can see your activity, and a lot of us would like to keep it that way; the reasons should be obvious. An opt-out box doesn't solve the problem. An opt-in box would be preferable to that, but not showing it at all is best.

Don't play in such environment and stay with solo games only.

Please don't tell us to go play another game if we don't like your proposal.

Agent327

Sorry you feel that way but FOE already shows 7 days of your activities and will delete your account if you don't play after a certain period. So maybe, FOE should allow each player to say yes or no to showing their non activity count. This is a public game with interactions with friends and neighbors and guilds. Don't play in such environment and stay with solo games only.

What abouit this do you not get? You only got one +1 and that was pure sarcasm. Nobody here likes your suggestion. Wise thing to do now would be to except that you have no support and are not likely to get any. Stop flogging a dead horse.

Algona

I said 'It's none of your damn business when I was last on.

My mistake in not being explicit. By 'your' I meant you personally and every other player excluding any Guild Leaders of Guilds I happen to be a member of.

FOE already shows 7 days of your activities and will delete your account if you don't play after a certain period.

Which has nothing to do with what I said and is still wrong multiple ways.

Lemme see if I grok this.

You asked for a change in the game.

In response nobody has agreed with the need or even desire for the change for multiple reasons: abusable, invasive, redundant.

You got the answer to your original question and responded the way all but a few posters do, you start to argue.

I objected to you invading my privacy thus putting a laser guided 'plunder me' sign on my back and ask how you've managed to play this long and not understand fundamentals of this game.

In response you post imperatives for how I should play the game based n the inverted logic that you want a change that nobody else wants and that I should quit the game despite the change that you want hasn't been enacted Gotta be honest, this was damn hard to figure out, you think that way all the time? Explains your city.

Yeah, I got this figured out. So here's my responses:

Your unrequested insincere apology is rejected

You do not have the in game understanding or achievements or any credibility on this forum to be dispensing imperatives to any poster.

Your idea still is abusable, invasive, and redundant. It still sucks.

DeletedUser27925

As he said, guild leaders can see activity. As someone else said, you can check who has aided you in the Town Hall. Not just anybody can see your activity, and a lot of us would like to keep it that way; the reasons should be obvious. An opt-out box doesn't solve the problem. An opt-in box would be preferable to that, but not showing it at all is best.

Please don't tell us to go play another game if we don't like your proposal.
Ok, time out, let's start at the beginning, I made the suggestion to FOE support and their response pointed to the forum. So I posted it as such. I didn't know that doing so, means I'm a strong advocate. It was a suggestion and FOE owns the game and decides next steps.

Next, I was just responding to other comments made based on what I know about the game.

Last, the comment on playing a solo game, was not to tell others what to do. It was to emphasize that personal info is only safe in solo games . So just to be clear, it's no skin off my nose if FOE keeps the status quo. This is my final comment so please don't expect further responses.

Agent327

Ok, time out, let's start at the beginning, I made the suggestion to FOE support and their response pointed to the forum. So I posted it as such. I didn't know that doing so, means I'm a strong advocate. It was a suggestion and FOE owns the game and decides next steps.

Next, I was just responding to other comments made based on what I know about the game.

Last, the comment on playing a solo game, was not to tell others what to do. It was to emphasize that personal info is only safe in solo games . So just to be clear, it's no skin off my nose if FOE keeps the status quo. This is my final comment so please don't expect further responses.

This is how it works

Ingame Support is clueless. All they know is it is something they can not change, so they direct you to the forum to put it there. Little do they know how the forum works and what would be the required way to present your proposal. Because of the way they react to you, you are under the impression you have just had this great idea that will get a lot of support. So you are clueless, or lead to be clueless. Problem is that on the forum you get a response from experienced players that are not clueless at all. They can tear apart a real bad idea in no time. You, still under the impression you just invented the wheel and had Support send you here, still think it is a brilliant idea will start to defend it. That is a bad choice. Once you notice you do not get any support you shoiul realise it will go nowhere. Yes, Support should have give you better advise, but you should have catched on more quickly, on the hopelesness of your idea.