Add Citizens to Older Baroque Garden Buildings

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by darthhenning, Jun 12, 2018.

1. darthhenning

darthhenning Well-Known Member

Proposal
    Beginning with the Napoleon Bonaparte Historical Questline, the Baroque Garden buildings also include the respective historical character wandering your streets. This should be added to the ones released prior to 2018.

Current System
    The Baroque Garden buildings released prior to 2018 have no resident. Those released this year do.

Details
    This is merely adding the coding which allows a resident attached to the baroque garden buildings to wander the city to the older buildings like the Aviary, Checkmate Square, Balloon Site, Rosarium, etc.

There is no functional difference to players, merely an additional graphic for those with animations on.

Abuse Prevention
    If you can abuse this you're smarter than I am.

Visual Aids
    I believe people literally get paid to do the art for these little people who wander your city. This is because they have more talent than I do.

Conclusion
    Don't you want to see Napoleon and Einstein admiring Ms. Monroe as her skirt flies up while Queen Sisi tuts disapprovingly down the street?

Volodya and Titris Thrawns like this.
  2. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

More animations will eventually mean that more players have to turn animations off, cause their system can not take it.

As far as I am concerned it should be wise to have HTML 5 running flawless before adding stuff like this, so my vote is NO.

InfamousChan likes this.
  3. Titris Thrawns

Titris Thrawns Well-Known Member

I was going to vote yes, but this conclusion changes everything!

I vote Yes x2.

x42 votes if the conclusion code is expanded to allow for open-ended organic scenarios, like Sacajawea & Ms. Monroe admiring Napoleon while Einstein & Cleopatra tut disapprovingly down the street at a cafe, etc.

darthhenning and InfamousChan like this.
  4. King Zack the Almighty

King Zack the Almighty Active Member

I vote yes.
    My computer isn't the greatest (was bought 3 1/2 years ago) and runs FoE really well with animations. On top of Windows 10.

5. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

I threw together my rig probably going on 10 years now with a really weak GPU as well, Win 7, runs the game just fine, I can't imagine a couple more pixels wandering around would suddenly overload they system but I don't make claims from a position that I just "know" stuff either.
    upload_2018-6-12_15-24-47.jpeg

6. Agent327

I see a lot of players that play on multiple worlds complain that they can not open several worlds at the same time. Don't think this will make it better. Besides that, is this really nescessary? It is fun to watch once, but are you going to stare at your city every day to see the same over and over again?

7. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of watching for the animation and waiting for it as it is like a Hollywood star sighting...it's a surprise and an acknowledgement of your prize. To some that is a pleasing thing. I see no harm in introducing new characters as residents on your streets...when you start the game there are plenty of nameless faceless population wandering around...

Salsuero likes this.
  8. King Zack the Almighty

King Zack the Almighty Active Member

But it doesn't run windows 10. :p
    Be happy you didn't upgrade. If you thought Windows XP's virus problem was bad.... Windows 10's CPU and RAM problem is worse. :(

Salsuero likes this.
  9. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

I had 10 for like over a year from when it first came out with the free upgrade deal, I thought it was fine, liked it but my HDD failed so I just reinstalled 7 on another drive and never went back to see if I could still upgrade to 10 for free so now I just don't care lol.

10. Agent327

Acknowledgement of my prize is the production it gives. I could not care less if it has Kim Kardashian running around naked in my city.

11. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Fine Agent...that's your opinion of your city and should have no bearing on the worthiness of this proposal...I vote yes...

Salsuero likes this.
  12. Volodya

Volodya Well-Known Member

This would be fun. Fun is good, right? I can't imagine these figures would require more processing power than the generic figures that already populate our city with animations enabled. Why would they? I vote yes.

freshmeboy and Salsuero like this.
  13. darthhenning

darthhenning Well-Known Member

This seems to be more a player decision issue than a graphics issue.

freshmeboy, Salsuero and Graviton like this.
  14. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

I vote yes!