• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Administering swap threads

Stukonrock

Can someone please tell me how to make new swap threads, our fearless leader has been MIA for several months. Also how do I add new members to the threads. Thx

The Lady Redneck

You cannot. Not unless the founder sets your permissions in the admin section of the guild so you can make those changes. Or if there is someone else with leadership abilities that can. If a founder does not log in at all for a month the system is SUPPOSED to make someone else the founder. But that does not happen. They were supposed to have fixed that in the last update. But do not hold your breath.

arkdun

If you are unsure who has admin, Click to pull up guild (treasury, members, etc). Go to our members list. As you scroll through look to the right. This will show who has what permissions.

Ebeondi Asi

That claim is nonsense. anyone can make swap threads. Use the Social portion of the Message center.
Top right is tab " NEW" click that.
Top left is title
bottom is main text
To the right is players to add. the bottom box "EDIT" a new op up allows individual names (anyone in World can be added) or, to right top it gives you the option of adding all Guild members.
Whomever creates the thread is the administrator of the thread. and the ony person who can edit it. (though anyone can quit. only the person who created it can add. unless they give others that right to be administrators of the thread.The person who created it can enter the finished thread and look at all players in the thread, and then change any of them to administrator. However when you give them that power, they can drop you or add anyone so you better trust them well.
It you plan on starting swap threads. the first person tends to get a free ride. So yo should figure out a system to balance that out. (I would say I am first and I will be last. if the thread is dropped I will take hat last position. Other ways are to ramp up to the final total. sy start with 5 Fp then 10, then 15 then 20 then 25 so the gain to each s very small.
You as administrator can change the title.too. Another way to change the threads is just change the amount. say start with 10 and 25. you can change the 25 to 50 ect as your needs change.
I strongly suggest starting out with only a 10 FP thread, and maybe a 25 FP thread. Too many theads ruins the ability of players to really use it rapidly. Too many different threads means some will sit for a long time and no one will want to use that thread. fearing they will be the last person for a long time. Add more only when several players demand more or larger swap threads.

I created dozens of private swap threads in many Guilds for Arc club use.

Last edited:

Stukonrock

Thank you for your help. I have been given all permissions to be able to do this. But I don't know 'how' to do it. What I really need are the simple instructions. Ex: go to? Open ... > find..... > tap.... > etc.....
A thought just occurred to me that I'll have to add all guild members to every thread. Am I correct? Lol. :)

Stukonrock

That claim is nonsense. anyone can make swap threads. Use the Social portion of the Message center.
Top right is tab " NEW" click that.
Top left is title
bottom is main text
To the right is players to add. the bottom box "EDIT" a new op up allows individual names (anyone in World can be added) or, to right top it gives you the option of adding all Guild members.
Whomever creates the thread is the administrator of the thread. and the ony person who can edit it. (though anyone can quit. only the person who created it can add. unless they give others that right to be administrators of the thread.The person who created it can enter the finished thread and look at all players in the thread, and then change any of them to administrator. However when you give them that power, they can drop you or add anyone so you better trust them well.
It you plan on starting swap threads. the first person tends to get a free ride. So yo should figure out a system to balance that out. (I would say I am first and I will be last. if the thread is dropped I will take hat last position. Other ways are to ramp up to the final total. sy start with 5 Fp then 10, then 15 then 20 then 25 so the gain to each s very small.
You as administrator can change the title.too.
I strongly suggest starting out with only a 10 FP thread, and maybe a 25 FP thread. Too many theads ruins the ability of players to really use it rapidly. Too many means some wil lsit for a longtime and no one will want to use taht thread. fearing they will be the last person for a long time.

I created dozens of private swap threads in many Guilds for Arc club use. So I know what I am writing.
Thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed. But as for starting with a 10 fps swap, this guild has been here for many years so there are already threads in place but no one can be added. So we have a whole lot of new members who can't participate so the swaps need to be replaced. :)

Ebeondi Asi

OK great, then moving over to new threads will be very easy. just have the last person in each be the first new person in the replacement. Then leave a strong message saying the old threads are no longer in use. and repeat it a bunch in each old thread.
Maybe Inno will restore the hide function and you all can hid those old threads. Good luck.

Stukonrock

OK great, then moving over to new threads will be very easy. just have the last person in each be the first new person in the replacement. Then leave a strong message saying the old threads are no longer in use. and repeat it a bunch in each old thread.
Maybe Inno will restore the hide function and you all can hid those old threads. Good luck.
Thank you soooo much!! I owe you one. Or two ❣️❣️❣️

Emberguard

It does depend on what you're trying to do

Guild Tab? Or Social Tab?

Guild Tab automatically adds every Guild member to the thread and anyone can create the thread. Create a thread in the "Guild" section and it'll automatically update for you

Social Tab used to require the Messenger Guild right to use the "All All Guild Members" button. I suspect that's no longer necessary as that role no longer exists.
1632313102033.png

You still can. Go into the message and click on the drop down menu in the top left
1632313068110.png