• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Advanced GB's in early ages

67Sage101

Why does the game let advanced GB's be built in early ages. For example why is a EMA player allowed to have a ARC, and Alcatraz, a Cape Canaveral, etc. I am in the EMA and get regularly pillaged by players that have been lingering the EMA forever collecting all kinds of special perks that are no longer available so that they can be the most powerful neighbors around. Players in the EMA with millions of points. The last neighbor that stole my goods had 150% attack and defense bonus. Some of the EMA peeps in my neighborhood have truce tower (tomorrow) and star gazers (space age mars). My thought is if a player builds out of his age, thier town hall should be bumped up to that age and they should be fighting in GE and GBG with those age troops, and left to catch up on all the research they missed along the way. The reason peeps are staying back in age is because this type of player can help their guild win GBG and GE by fighting Iron age troops with EMA troops at 150% bonus.

Nicholas002

Why does the game let advanced GB's be built in early ages. For example why is a EMA player allowed to have a ARC, and Alcatraz, a Cape Canaveral, etc. I am in the EMA and get regularly pillaged by players that have been lingering the EMA forever collecting all kinds of special perks that are no longer available so that they can be the most powerful neighbors around. Players in the EMA with millions of points. The last neighbor that stole my goods had 150% attack and defense bonus. Some of the EMA peeps in my neighborhood have truce tower (tomorrow) and star gazers (space age mars). My thought is if a player builds out of his age, thier town hall should be bumped up to that age and they should be fighting in GE and GBG with those age troops, and left to catch up on all the research they missed along the way.
It is interesting that they let us build ahead of our age. I don’t really see it as a huge problem though. Maybe limiting it to 3 or 4 ages ahead would be good, idk.
your solution of moving the player’s age up to the GBs they have is backwards, at best.
The reason peeps are staying back in age is because this type of player can help their guild win GBG and GE by fighting Iron age troops with EMA troops at 150% bonus.
This is not the reason they stay back, because GBg is same age troops, and GE is too, for the most part. The first few levels of GE may have some previous age troops, but that is true for all ages, not just EMA. And btw, 150% attack is really quite low for a camper. I know a free player who has that after only 4 months of playing. Players who camp for years, often have an attack % in the thousands.

DeletedUser31499

There are many good guilds that will trade the goods needed to build an arc to you for 0 fp. Arcs produce treasury goods and a good guild knows this and wants every member to have one because it helps the guild. Same goes for other advanced age GBs. A good guild will trade you the goods needed to build them at little or no cost to you.

The moral of the story? Join a good guild and reap the benefits.

Farfle the smelly

Probably because the disparity between campers exists. That said, I’m in Iron have an arc, Zeus, lighthouse (snoooooze) and am now saving for a kraken. I’ve finally figured out that militarily I really like archers, and it would suck to have to move forward right when I finally figured things out. If they did that it would be even tougher when I got bumped up, I imagine. This way at least I can hold my own a bit.

Ps. Those aren’t special perks. They’re just where a player focused their game and thus became advanced at, which you’re allowed to do also.

Graviton

Why does the game let advanced GB's be built in early ages. For example why is a EMA player allowed to have a ARC, and Alcatraz, a Cape Canaveral, etc. I am in the EMA and get regularly pillaged by players that have been lingering the EMA forever collecting all kinds of special perks that are no longer available so that they can be the most powerful neighbors around. Players in the EMA with millions of points. The last neighbor that stole my goods had 150% attack and defense bonus. Some of the EMA peeps in my neighborhood have truce tower (tomorrow) and star gazers (space age mars). My thought is if a player builds out of his age, thier town hall should be bumped up to that age and they should be fighting in GE and GBG with those age troops, and left to catch up on all the research they missed along the way. The reason peeps are staying back in age is because this type of player can help their guild win GBG and GE by fighting Iron age troops with EMA troops at 150% bonus.

Welcome to FoE and congratulations, you're still learning how the game works.

Nicholas002

I’ve finally figured out that militarily I really like archers, and it would suck to have to move forward right when I finally figured things out. If they did that it would be even tougher when I got bumped up, I imagine. This way at least I can hold my own a bit.
HMA crossbows are basically the same as IA archers. HMA fighting is easy. 8 trebuchets works well, as does 1 heavy+ 7rogues. Crossbows+rogues can be good as well. EMA fighting sucks and IMO, EMA sucks in general.

Farfle the smelly

I’m still not using my rogues (I know, I know! They’re not art pieces in a museum to stare at!) The fact is that I can fit more fast-regenerating archers (cannon fodder) in my city than I can slow regenerating rogues (cannon fodder). I think I must be saving them for my first 64/48, but that’s stupid.

DevaCat

I thought at first it was just another case of deja vu, but I'm thinking it's more like a Groundhog's Day where I respond to the same complaint over and over and over again.

The question isn't why does the game allow out of age GBs to be built. The question is why have you not built any yourself? Now some people choose to play the game building only Age appropriate GBs, certainly a worthy challenge, but they don't come to the forum to complain that their choice has put them at a disadvantage.

That's not your situation though, is it? Your beef is getting attacked and plundered by neighbors you think have unfair advantages, and you'd like the game changed so that it will stop. That about it?

All kinds of special perks that are no longer available? Name them. Those players with 150% atk (a not unreasonable boost for EMA) worked to level military GBs and may have spent time and resources in events and the AD to get special buildings to help reach that boost. You can do the same.

Campers are gonna camp, and the Terror at the Top is gonna do what he does. Wanting to change the game is not going to change that (and not going to happen anyway). Deciding to stop being a victim is the start of an answer to your problem.

Nicholas002

I’m still not using my rogues (I know, I know! They’re not art pieces in a museum to stare at!) The fact is that I can fit more fast-regenerating archers (cannon fodder) in my city than I can slow regenerating rogues (cannon fodder). I think I must be saving them for my first 64/48, but that’s stupid.
rogues are not much use until you get traz and can stock up hundreds or thousands of them. Until you get traz, you have to be careful when you use them because of their slow regeneration time. I think I mostly saved my attached rogues for DCs, event “very large army” quests and late GE. ( though you might as well use them for anything, since if you don’t use them, they won’t regenerate.

Lady Gato

Hey - how about putting rouge on your rogues? Ya might use them more then. Ok - I have done too much FOEing this weekend. Night.

Emberguard

Because the game devs decided that's how they wanted the game to be played. Maybe it's to do with encouraging players to contribute to each others GBs, maybe it's something else. Either way it'd be too late to change it now

generalwoo

I'm one of those "campers" who stays behind to work on leveling GBs. Until fairly recently, I didn't have any GBs above my age other than CdM, which took about two months for me to obtain through slowly trading up for the goods. I can see your perspective, as I stood out like a sore thumb in all my EMA hoods, being the only player with 150k+ points and without an Arc or another higher-era building. And I was often intimidated by neighbors with millions of points, thinking they could attack and plunder me at will. However, few of them attacked, let alone do anything to acknowledge my existence in the hood. They were just doing their own thing, mostly working to level their arc to 80.

I was able to hold my own without any advanced buildings and even fought well enough to win a few PvP tower titles against players from more competitive guilds, and who had just about every GB they could possibly fit into their cities. That wouldn't have been possible if they were all adamant about pillaging the hood. And based on the points to win ratio on the PvP towers, I could tell that it was most often the players toward the middle or bottom of the hood who were attacking others.

I now have an Arc and an Alcatraz, along with a 183% attack bonus in HMA. Neither of those have had anything to do with building my attack. I just focused on getting special buildings with attack (Contestants' Estates, Winner's Plaza, etc).

Keep your head up and work on building your attack. You can and will get that 150% bonus, even if you stay in the lower ages and never get a higher-era building except maybe CdM. If you haven't already, join an active casual guild - my old guild has few players with above-era buildings, and they enjoy the game as much as I do. If you want to be in a competitive guild, it's very likely that you'll at least need an Arc or work on building one.

Plain Red Justice

Why are u too concerned about plundering?

It's like looking at those players that always constantly worry about the amount of their daily FP collections and going through all the mental gymnastics of maximizing their city space, when the majority of a player's income is via constantly Sniping. Which cannot be plundered in any way

What are u doing? Do u need help

wiserpenny

majority of a player's income is via constantly Sniping
This cannot be true for the "majority" of players. It just can't work out that way mathematically. Are you getting sniped so often that you never level a building without a snipe? of course not. There is a large group that gets sniped a lot but a small group of active snipers doing the sniping.

Also, I have found the world and 'hood you are in make a huge difference. I find it much easier to snipe for large profits in older worlds. On Birka (newest world) it is more more thin for sniping profit. I believe this is due to the lack of higher level buildings. Even causal players have leveled many buildings in older worlds. In newer worlds many players are still sitting with low level buildings, meaning they aren't as primed for sniping.

For most players, it is way easier to have a large city collect. Why do you think so many people like the Cape and Blue Galaxy? Because they look pretty? Or because they boost city collect?

Farfle the smelly

Yep. As an avid sniper it’s rough in the newer cities. I’m on S and W and I have to be hyper engaged in W to make sure I can snag a snipe. S is easy breezy tho.

Ps. Blue galaxy looks BA. I would totally get it for that alone. And Rainforest. ;)

Plain Red Justice

This cannot be true for the "majority" of players. It just can't work out that way mathematically?
Sorry, I listed it incompletely. The majority of a GOOD player's income is from sniping. It never came from stuff like Blue Galaxy unless you have a city full of Crow Nests or it never came from things like a Cape 60 or a Himeji 5X. Those are only buildings that lets you earn more but they're far from capable of outperforming an Arc

And if you're saying things like mathematically, then great news since the amount of FP you can earn via sniping is unlimited. It depends on the opportunity, player skill and most of the time, friend quality. Only thing stopping you from doing so is laziness or the lack of will to actually earn

Agent327

Sorry, I listed it incompletely. The majority of a GOOD player's income is from sniping. It never came from stuff like Blue Galaxy unless you have a city full of Crow Nests or it never came from things like a Cape 60 or a Himeji 5X. Those are only buildings that lets you earn more but they're far from capable of outperforming an Arc

And if you're saying things like mathematically, then great news since the amount of FP you can earn via sniping is unlimited. It depends on the opportunity, player skill and most of the time, friend quality. Only thing stopping you from doing so is laziness or the lack of will to actually earn

Wow, that's an eye opener. Guess I am not a GOOD player, cause the majority of my income does not come from sniping. And friend quality. Amazing! I would think that any friend that snipes gets booted.

Plain Red Justice

I would think that any friend that snipes gets booted.
Why yes, it's good that you're learning agent. Now you know that your prior knowledge is incorrect. Even if you have stuff like GBG, selling goods and 1.9ing with a really high Arc then pretend it's not sniping, nothing beats fully Sniping when it comes to net profit and the time it takes for you to do this