• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Age appropriate upgrades

Magnigoth

So they never produced Marble in the Iron Age? And they never stabled Horses in the Iron Age? I want to be to update my Marble Mason's building to match the Age he/She is in. In other words my Bronze Age Marble Mason. I want to update the building to look more Iron Age. oh and BTW maybe the upgrade can include new features or upgraded production. I want this type upgrading to be applied to any and all buildings where it could apply. Like Horse Stables. Give me an upgrade option like it look more like the iron age, with Clay tile roofing. And also offer some upgrades to the horses and/or their riders. Yes, in true FOE fashion make me work for it, but please offer this. FOE is just scratching the surface of what they can offer. I know with a little effort I can build many great cities that don't push me into wanting to cram 10+ Great buildings all on the same piece of REAL ESTATE. so what do you say?

Magnigoth

To much work for very little payout. No one in IA will be using previous age buildings.
This is a game! no one is really using any of this except for Entertainment and a tiny bit education. And this game is pretty intense in the work department so it already is too much work for very little payout. I am just asking for more payout in the form of more options. Thanks but you're only helping me prove my point.

Godly Luke

Thanks but you're only helping me prove my point.
No. Inno wouldn't be making a profit from adding this. Inno is a business after all. They need to be able to make money with every update. They made money when they released GBG and other seasonal events. They wouldn't make money by retexturing buildings depending on your era.

Magnigoth

No. Inno wouldn't be making a profit from adding this. Inno is a business after all. They need to be able to make money with every update. They made money when they released GBG and other seasonal events. They wouldn't make money by retexturing buildings depending on your era.
Ah sorry you meant the demand isn't high enough to Inno to offer the option yeah, perhaps but don't people in other games pay for "skins?" isn't that the same thing as what I am asking for?

Magnigoth

By the way, I am in Iron Age and I have need of Bronze Age materials for the territories I scout and defeat also don't some of the Great buildings also require prior age materials to build? And I know there are daily challenges that say so much of this Age material is needed and then say "or" materials from a previous age? So I am thinking there might more people than you think who would want this option and be willing to pay for it. I personally rarely make a request I don't assume I should be willing to pay for even if it is only a small amount.

Godly Luke

Ah sorry you meant the demand isn't high enough to Inno to offer the option yeah, perhaps but don't people in other games pay for "skins?"
This game is not based around "skins" as you put it. It based around building up an empire and conquering/negotiating your way to victory and playing through the many ages of history.
don't some of the Great buildings also require prior age materials to build?
The only great buildings that require BA era goods are the No age buildings.
I am thinking there might more people than you think who would want this option and be willing to pay for it.
Good luck finding them. I guarantee you won't find any support here. (Don't assume)
I personally rarely make a request I don't assume I should be willing to pay for even if it is only a small amount.
Don't assume.
(edit grammar)

Lady Gato

@Magnigoth - I am in Iron Age too. You are asking for a way to put a new look on some of your buildings that you used in bronze age - skins I think you called it. There was a proposal recently to decorate our buildings for the holiday season. That was put on the DNSL - I don't know why.

Yes, there are a lot of quests, cmap negotiations and GbG negotiations that require bronze age goods when you are in Iron Age. The usual suggestion is that you sell all of your bronze age good buildings and just build iron age. Then use your iron age goods to trade down for the necessary bronze age goods. Or you could have built up a huge supply of bronze age goods before you aged up to Iron Age. Or what you are doing - have both Iron Age and Bronze Age goods buildings.

I too have both Bronze Age goods buildings and Iron Age goods buildings. The reason - there are some bronze age goods that just aren't in my market place for me to trade for. I have long ago blown thru my saved bronze age goods. I am adding some bronze age players as friends but finding active bronze era players who haven't aged up yet is difficult.

Recurring quests don't work as I get Iron age goods as rewards.

Good luck in your search for bronze age goods.

Plain Red Justice

I am adding some bronze age players as friends but finding active bronze era players who haven't aged up yet is difficult.
You can find a ton of Bronze age goods on top tier goods sellers in your world because every single newbie or a diamond farmer with a head on top of their shoulders goes to them for their needs. If they have something they'd want from you then you can get their Bronze age goods that they have inevitably accumulated over time

Emberguard

If you do that for Goods Buildings then why stop there? Why not make every building from every category change looks depending on your current age?

Also there’s such thing as historical landmarks. So you could have that as a reason for why the bronze age marble building doesn’t change graphic

Magnigoth

Yeah I did actually ask (in this forum) for FOE developers to consider all buildings across all the ERA's as it that would apply. Like I said in my original post Do they not Mason Marble even in the future Ages? do they not Stable horses in future Ages? I understand everything takes time and demand may or may not be the only factor. I guess I was curious how many other Forge players would be interested. If the demand got high enough it might be something to look foward too. But the only new thing I know about is they seem to be planning to add Aztec culture with new never before seen mechanics when they do.

Lady Gato

You can find a ton of Bronze age goods on top tier goods sellers in your world because every single newbie or a diamond farmer with a head on top of their shoulders goes to them for their needs. If they have something they'd want from you then you can get their Bronze age goods that they have inevitably accumulated over time
Lol - I will find another way other than paying for Bronze Age goods.

Emberguard

Yeah I did actually ask (in this forum) for FOE developers to consider all buildings across all the ERA's as it that would apply.
Ah right. Yeah.... that would be an enormous undertaking and if as you suggest also update production then a massive change in game balance.

It'd be a nice thing to add to one or two special buildings for a event. It's not something I could see being applied to every building it could possibly apply to in the game.

Triopoly Champion

I too have both Bronze Age goods buildings and Iron Age goods buildings. The reason - there are some bronze age goods that just aren't in my market place for me to trade for. I have long ago blown thru my saved bronze age goods. I am adding some bronze age players as friends but finding active bronze era players who haven't aged up yet is difficult.

Recurring quests don't work as I get Iron age goods as rewards.
As long as the player has the Rock continent deposit bonus, other 4 BA goods can be traded for with ease.

I frequently start a world and delete it until the Rock shows up on the 1st province on the continent map, so my game becomes easier.

Nicholas002

As long as the player has the Rock continent deposit bonus, other 4 BA goods can be traded for with ease.

I frequently start a world and delete it until the Rock shows up on the 1st province on the continent map, so my game becomes easier.
we know

Triopoly Champion

It seems like a lot players enjoy to camp in IA or HMA, very few stay in BA or EMA, so Stone, Alabaster and Granite are the must-have.

Limestone, Ebony, Brick and Salt are pretty abundant on the market.

If I can have Alabaster Mason level 2 in HMA or LMA which doubles the quantities of all the productions, the gameplays can be sensitively influenced, and this gives a reason why goods buildings should have a different skin, so level 2 goods buildings can only be built by players from 1 age above or higher.

Magnigoth

So they never produced Marble in the Iron Age? And they never stabled Horses in the Iron Age? I want to be to update my Marble Mason's building to match the Age he/She is in. In other words my Bronze Age Marble Mason. I want to update the building to look more Iron Age. oh and BTW maybe the upgrade can include new features or upgraded production. I want this type upgrading to be applied to any and all buildings where it could apply. Like Horse Stables. Give me an upgrade option like it look more like the iron age, with Clay tile roofing. And also offer some upgrades to the horses and/or their riders. Yes, in true FOE fashion make me work for it, but please offer this. FOE is just scratching the surface of what they can offer. I know with a little effort I can build many great cities that don't push me into wanting to cram 10+ Great buildings all on the same piece of REAL ESTATE. so what do you say?
So I have thought about some of the responses I got when I asked about age appropriate upgrades. Weeks later and I still think we need this. I will be honest some of you out there have like 10 great buildings or more all crammed together and it looks impressively well put together. Most of you however have some awful looking cities. They look like pure doody. I love building my Iron Age city with everything that at least looks age appropriate even if actual history would say otherwise. I think the educational opportunities here are also huge. Building all these cities could come with side challenges in the form of small multiple choice questions where the better your grade, the better the reward. Teachers could potentially make assignments, at least for extra credit, if needs be or potentially use the game in the classroom if she happens to be teaching about the Bronze or Iron Ages. Remember homeschooling is becoming more and more popular. There are parents out there looking for ways for making their teaching more fun and more educational. Either as I have said before,,, and I know I am right on this,,, FOE is onto something here and they are only scratching the surface.