• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Age appropriate upgrades

Magnigoth

Ah right. Yeah.... that would be an enormous undertaking and if as you suggest also update production then a massive change in game balance.

It'd be a nice thing to add to one or two special buildings for a event. It's not something I could see being applied to every building it could possibly apply to in the game.
Emberguard in responding to your response about Age appropriate upgrades. Your right it could potentially represent big changes. That doesn't mean less enjoyable. Also if growing pains are the problem then implement these changes slowly. After all as you explain their may be a lot of work there to get that done. Well now you kill two birds with one stone, because the change is potentially huge and sweeping it nature it will take time to implement and therefore be slow. If the idea takes off demand could increase (actually will increase) and with that FOE could hire more coders and get it done in a way to meet demand. You use the "Massive" as if it is to be feared. lets try instead "Respected" instead.

Godly Luke

Remember homeschooling is becoming more and more popular. There are parents out there looking for ways for making their teaching more fun and more educational. Either as I have said before,,, and I know I am right on this,,, FOE is onto something here and they are only scratching the surface.
This game is purpose-built to be a distraction from real life. By introducing your teaching plan, which wouldn't fit into this game, you are leaving Inno's target audience and opening it up to children. This would entail heavier moderation of chat because parents would complain global chat is inappropriate, and it would need some pretty heavy quest changes, as some of the quests can get pretty dark for k-5 year old kids. Overall, this is a MASSIVE change and would be WAY to much money and effort, to get parents/kids into a game would be educational.

DevaCat

Weeks later, and we still don't need this.

If you want to build a city with age appropriate buildings (and GBs) for esthetic or other reasons, you can. No game changes required. You want a pretty city? Build one, I see them all the time. Again, no game changes required. Skins? For Pete's sake, do a search and you'll see why this idea gets shot down -- and ditto generally for ideas about age-appropriate cities, cities with no above-age GBs, changes to improve esthetics and so on. And weeks later, you come back with "educational opportunities" as a possible justification for making game changes to enable your Bronze Age - Iron Age game? Please. None of these things improve the game, they simply might satisfy the desire of the moment of the person suggesting them.

The Marble Mason already is age-appropriate, with the correct visual styling for its Age. That you keep it in Iron Age is your choice. If you want more production of marble, build more Masons if you must (vs trading down for it). But Inno is not going to re-skin and increase Mason production for you. They have much bigger fish to fry.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Look around at real world cities. Lots of buildings from lots of different time periods, and the older the city the more the variation.

I see no need for skins. If anything it would make things more confusing when trying to aid a specific era building for a TT or for plundering if you need to know what every variation looks like for every building.