• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

AI Manipulation

Tantalus Fied

Never noticed how when you buy diamonds, your trades suddenly go through? I mean all of them. Why would that happen naturally. How about how you go months with your key buildings being motivated but then suddenly none at all for a long period of time? How about when you're really killing it on goods production, your other goods producing buildings suddenly stopped being motivated? Human beings will behave roughly the same way all the time. Why is it that in your history you are given many opportunities to motivate others for some period on a regular pattern, then suddenly hardly any at all for a significant period of time. Given the "supposed" number of players in the game, the power of probability dictates that it should be roughly the same all the time. Even if it's just to force a change, it's still being manipulated by an AI at least somewhat. I'm a programmer that's had to interface with lots of people to deploy and use my apps. I'm telling you actual people don't act this way. BUT! And a big BUT! lol Please debunk me! I don't actually want to believe this. Of course there's much more that I've notice but maybe I'm just really paranoid or something.

UBERhelp1

Depends. There is no true AI in this game. If you play on the exact same terrain and make the exact same moves against the exact same units, the AI behaves exactly the same. What "AI" are you referring to?

Theoretically you could use this to design and train your own (true) AI that reads the battlefield and interprets the (game) AI's moves, allowing you to win every battle. But that would be against game rules.

[EDIT after post above] You are paranoid. The game does not structure events around AI, they are interactions. I think you are referring to the unpredictability of human nature and randomness of, well, RNGs used to determine certain events (though most events ARE player-triggered, some like incident spawning times and placement are slightly randomized).

Agent327

Never noticed how when you buy diamonds, your trades suddenly go through? I mean all of them. Why would that happen naturally. How about how you go months with your key buildings being motivated but then suddenly none at all for a long period of time? How about when you're really killing it on goods production, your other goods producing buildings suddenly stopped being motivated? Human beings will behave roughly the same way all the time. Why is it that in your history you are given many opportunities to motivate others for some period on a regular pattern, then suddenly hardly any at all for a significant period of time. Given the "supposed" number of players in the game, the power of probability dictates that it should be roughly the same all the time. Even if it's just to force a change, it's still being manipulated by an AI at least somewhat. I'm a programmer that's had to interface with lots of people to deploy and use my apps. I'm telling you actual people don't act this way. BUT! And a big BUT! lol Please debunk me! I don't actually want to believe this. Of course there's much more that I've notice but maybe I'm just really paranoid or something.

1. Buying diamonds has nothing to do with trades. Other players take your trades. How should they know you bought diamonds
2. Guildmembers, friends and neighbours need to motivate your buildings. Neighbourhoods change every 14 days and guildmembers and friends can stop motivating for some time. It isn't a fixed number you can use to compare.
3. Goods producing buildings can't be motivated, unless you are using special buildings just for goods in which case 2 applies again.
4. Human beings do not roughly behave the same way all the time. Especially not when it comes to a game.
5. Supposed numbers of players does not mean a tthing. The number of players in your guild, friendslist and hood does.
6. Everything you have mentioned so far is influenced by other players, not by an IA
7. That you are a programmer is totally irrelevant, unless it is to explain why you miss the deciding human factor.
8. Don't know if you are paranoid or something. To me it just looks like you do not know how it works.

DevaCat

Why of course I realize I am being manipulated by the game AI! You do realize that it is just a tiny extension of the Global AI, part of the scheme to keep all our noses glued to our screens?

Oops, gotta go, neighbor's at the door, going to take me shopping. I need to pick up some tinfoil, my old hat's getting a little ratty. ;)

Graviton

I've never bought diamonds so I guess I'm manipulation-free.

Motivation depends on the frequency of play of your neighbors and guildies, not a grand Inno conspiracy.

Likewise, the availability of neighbors' and guildies' buildings to be motivated. Timing is everything.

AI has nothing to do with any of that. Yes, you are really paranoid or something.

Welcome to the forum!

Emberguard

How about how you go months with your key buildings being motivated but then suddenly none at all for a long period of time? How about when you're really killing it on goods production, your other goods producing buildings suddenly stopped being motivated?
People stop playing or sometimes get bored of aiding. At the start of the game there's far greater value to the act of aiding others (as opposed to being aided) because you need the coins. Later on the city is less reliant on aiding except to motivate the events. Not everyone builds their city around buildings that need motivation or can be bothered aiding others even if they need aid themselves. You need to clear the friends that aren't aiding and get those that are. Nothing strange about your buildings not always getting motivated.

Also keep in mind the restrictions for the past however many months in real life are being eased. So those that would have been playing a lot online are going to have other things to do besides being cooped up indoors all the time.

jsc29

LOL that is funny. I have a friend who convinced he gets bad luck at the soccer tournament because he doesn't buy diamonds.