• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

AI Standardization

DeletedUser25485

I would like to know why my city defense AI is as stupid when it comes to taking out rogue units vs real units while GE AI always seems to take out any real unit before rogue units.

When I battle in GE the AI always targets my real units even when I hold them back and have my rogues in the middle of battle while when I watch replays of my city defense the AI basically plays the dumbest way possible.

Into should have a standard AI battle routine other than the seemingly 3 different ones they have now.

One for GE, one for city defense (the dumbest) and one for GvG. If you think having 3 different AI levels is good for the game then why do you reserve the dumbest for city defense ?

DeletedUser27889

In GE the AI targets Rogues first. Do you mean on the Continent map?

wolfhoundtoo

In GE the AI targets Rogues first. Do you mean on the Continent map?

Rogues go last. So depending on your troop selection, the terrain and the enemy troops it is quite possible that the one real unit can be targeted before the rogues in GE. After Inno changed the movement order to make rogues go last there were quite a few people who believed that rogues weren't targeted 1st (incorrectly). Basically a player needs to be careful about where/how they move that 1st unit as you want to keep it out of range of the enemy for the 2nd round mostly till you become more familiar with the battle priorities.