1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

AI unfair to defenders

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by jabx, Jun 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jabx

jabx New Member

The way that Ai conducts the defenders battles is unreasonable and unfair. The attackers will have 7 rouges and one troop instead of the defending army attacking the troop as a live person would do the AI attacks the rouges turning them into troops this gives a huge advantage to the attacker yet if the defender has any rouges the attacking army will atack the troops first and then pick off the rouges. The playing field should be equal

2. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

So what are you proposing?

Algona likes this.
  3. jabx

jabx New Member

That the AI conduct battles the way an reasonable human would, when we are attacked by another player that player attacks us inteligently the Ai ,it is called artificial inteligence after all should also defend us inteligently

4. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

From the thread's existence alone, I suspect you are likely close to the bottom of your hood, get attacked a lot, with most attackers successful? If so, you'd be better served by the forum to let folks know your specific issues and ask for advice on how to improve your city to be less of a target overall, with little to nothing to plunder should an attacker meet success. You'll find little support for your proposal which has been already proposed multiple times. Don't expect Inno to address this issue.

Jern2017, Godly Luke and Algona like this.
  5. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Something that applies to everyone in a game, in this case we all have the same city defender AI, is by definition fair.

You don't like it is hardly a reason to change the game.

Do you have some reason that benefits the game?

----------

The city defence AI is not your real problem though. No one cares about their defence losing battles unless they are getting plundered.

So learn how to mitigate plundering. as RP says in the post above, this forum is crammed full of advice on that, or if you don't want to look, try asking for help. You'll get it.

6. Volodya

Volodya Well-Known Member

The idiocy of the defensive AI is my biggest single complaint about the design of FoE. I would much prefer it if the Continental AI were applied across the board. For better or worse though, Inno has made it clear that they're disinclined to implement that change, so you're left with a simple choice: continue to gripe about taking your lumps or utilize one or more of the strategies available to ameliorate the problem.

7. Volodya

Volodya Well-Known Member

I may well be a minority of one, but I care a lot about losing battles and very little about being plundered.

8. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

If they want to encourage fighting (which they do) then they have to enable winning. Attacking and losing won't keep players coming back, nobody likes that. So the system is weighted in favor of the attacker. If you want players to attack, then they have to win most of the time. It's just that simple.

R17D and Algona like this.
  9. Ylisaveta

Ylisaveta Well-Known Member

I have to say that the group of teens we have active on the forum currently have impressed me overall as intelligent, well intentioned, and having a pretty good sense of humor. Sometimes silly, but overall not really annoying. Some of this cannot be said of a few of the purported adults who post here.

10. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

This obviously falls under the Do Not Suggest List for Proposals, and it has been hashed and rehashed several times, so I am going to close this thread.

Algona likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.