• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid All Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsuero

First... I don't want one. I'm not a fan of the idea. But...

Just for conversation's sake...

What if this button did somehow gain favor among the devs? I would suggest that, if this ever became the case, that there be a requirement set to it:

You can only click the button if you haven't attacked a single neighbor or clicked to manually aid a single player of any social category, and then the button click would aid all neighbors as well as hoodies and friends.

Why?

It would take away the benefits of GBs that are designed for attacking, plundering, or manually aiding. No more Truce Tower selectivity. No more using GBs to gain double plunder, etc.

And you shouldn't get the rewards from Seed Vault hits either, nor should you even get the coins per player. No -- it should be entirely benefit neutral.

Yeah, everyone who is in favor of the Aid All button is likely going to hate this idea, but I think it's a reasonable way to give people the ability to save time... you just shouldn't get any rewards from doing so. And a penalty to using this should be that you have to do it for EVERYONE and not just the people left over after you've run your manual hits.

Plain Red Justice

NO. Motivation towards the buildings is the benefit in itself, not those irrelevant ""rewards"" that the game provides towards the M/P'er as a consolation prize for bothering with tedium

kmc11

Idk about an aid all button.. But due to whatever happening I started out on a new world and noticed that the screen fade / wait time between aids was not happening on that world. I was able to freely and quickly aid multiple people in succession without having to wait for any loading animation to end.

That, tbh did make a HUGE difference when you're motivating like .. 80 people plus

Sooo.. I'd be all in for removing the forced wait time between aidings. I mean the taverns have been streamlined as well, why not aiding?

Plain Red Justice

Sooo.. I'd be all in for removing the forced wait time between aidings. I mean the taverns have been streamlined as well, why not aiding?
Because the impact of taverns is nill compared to aiding which provides actual relevant benefits to the buildings of the player that got aided. Assuming that this got implemented, the previous difficulty of having all your buildings motivated would be as good as removed because plundering doesn't really do anything in this casual game where plundering buildings so you can take them for yourself and inventories is not allowed so if I were any player, I'd just M/P everyone for cheap every few days instead of bothering with the joke called plundering and it'd be even more of a joke with this new feature rubbing more salt to the wound. The collect all PC feature is only beneficial if you're not playing the friends hunting Tinder game where you don't have any GBs available that you can play around at any time to place your FP bar earnings, its impact is meh at best

Seed vault is the only thing that'd get impacted by this feature here that might serve as a deterrent for players to use this if it gets implemented but I already have a Chateau for goods and if I want Diamonds I'd get another job instead. This feature would simply be too good

qaccy

Aid all would definitely be a premium feature, like collect all. There wouldn't be any other conditions to it. Pay your diamonds and everyone on your list gets aided.

Used to be a button that motivated all of your buildings as well, which was removed sometime around when self-aid kits were implemented. It was also usually a lot more expensive since it was just the total cost of every building in your city that could be motivated.

Nicholas002

maybe the aid all feature could come in a rare kit, like the mass self aid kit. you could get it in events or GE etc., and using it would aid all your friends, neighbors and guildmates.

DeletedUser

we are definitely not playing the same game...
I spend like 80% of the game play time in GBG and those 10-15 minutes I have to do aid are annoying.
Never bothered to build Seed Vault, Truce Tower so really I don't know what I am missing, but if it's a automatic aid button than it should keep all the proceeds of the manual aid.
Besides, for the manual aid partisans - I never said to remove manual aid, just add an auto button, one for the guild, one for the friends and one for the hood.
I will use it
you don't have to...just aid manually

Kranyar the Mysterious

Well, since it appears we are getting a premium subscription service with FoE Plus! that gives a host of benefits, if it were to happen, I'm sure it would happen there.

kmc11

Because the impact of taverns is nill compared to aiding which provides actual relevant benefits to the buildings of the player that got aided. Assuming that this got implemented, the previous difficulty of having all your buildings motivated would be as good as removed because plundering doesn't really do anything in this casual game where plundering buildings so you can take them for yourself and inventories is not allowed so if I were any player, I'd just M/P everyone for cheap every few days instead of bothering with the joke called plundering and it'd be even more of a joke with this new feature rubbing more salt to the wound. The collect all PC feature is only beneficial if you're not playing the friends hunting Tinder game where you don't have any GBs available that you can play around at any time to place your FP bar earnings, its impact is meh at best

Seed vault is the only thing that'd get impacted by this feature here that might serve as a deterrent for players to use this if it gets implemented but I already have a Chateau for goods and if I want Diamonds I'd get another job instead. This feature would simply be too good
I agree to some extent. By streamlining the aiding I meant removing the waiting overlay on the PC version. It's not that obnoxious in the mobile app.
In the mobile app it just sx that if you aid from left to right due to when trying to click the rightmost person the invite friends window being a little too big you only have a tiny spot that you can click on. So imho, both things could be improved on.
I don't support the idea of an aid all button, there's numerous reasons for it, one being as you said plundering, I'd rather plunder your train than motivate your blacksmith.

67Sage101

I don't support the idea of an aid all button, there's numerous reasons for it, one being as you said plundering, I'd rather plunder your train than motivate your blacksmith.

How about a an aid all FRIENDS button...and an attack all neighbors button for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.