• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid All Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsuero

It needs to be as fair as possible to all sides involved and that includes those that want to plunder

Well if you want to plunder, then do that. But then you shouldn't be allowed to click an "aid all" button since you chose to attack some of those "all" in your sphere. I believe it should be all or nothing and if you like the way things are now... plundering and such... then don't click the button. ;-)

Emberguard

Well if you want to plunder, then do that. But then you shouldn't be allowed to click an "aid all" button since you chose to attack some of those "all" in your sphere. I believe it should be all or nothing and if you like the way things are now... plundering and such... then don't click the button. ;-)
Well if there’s an Aid All button obviously it’d only aid those I haven’t attacked yet and was available to aid. If I’d already aided some players manually it’d skip over those the same as if I’d attacked

Kranyar the Mysterious

I agree, it would only make sense to manually aid for your DT or attack and plunder first, then use the Aid All for the remainder. Like Emberguard said, it would simply skip those that can't currently be aided when you press the button.

Salsuero

Well if there’s an Aid All button obviously it’d only aid those I haven’t attacked yet and was available to aid. If I’d already aided some players manually it’d skip over those the same as if I’d attacked

I agree, it would only make sense to manually aid for your DT or attack and plunder first, then use the Aid All for the remainder. Like Emberguard said, it would simply skip those that can't currently be aided when you press the button.

Yeah. I'm suggesting you not be able to click it if you've attacked anyone or aided anyone manually within the past 24 hours, though. Seems people keep skipping over the key points I've made. Yes, it COULD work that way. I don't believe it SHOULD work that way. NO BENEFITS. NONE. If you wanna attack or manually aid... you don't get the benefit of the aid all button. If you do choose the aid all button instead, you get no rewards from doing so.

Salsuero

I’d happily give up the pittance of gold and the random bps that come with aiding, basically junk anyways.

Great. So no rewards from aid, including any of the rewards you'd get from the Seed Vault or Truce Tower. Deal! And you don't get to attack or manually aid anyone within the past 24 hours or the aid all button becomes disabled until all neighbors, friends, and guildies are ready for a fresh aid click. Sound good? I'll be ok with it being implemented if so.

Salsuero

Alright let's remove the benefit then: let's make it so that your aid all button doesn't motivate buildings of any kind.

Sure, you can make jokes. Doesn't really further the conversation, though. If you want to put an aid all button that doesn't actually provide aid... I'd be 100% ok with that if it also provided you with zero benefits whatsoever. Not sure why anyone would ever click it or why anyone would want friends who do... or why the devs would waste time on something so insignificant and useless. But I would support your proposal because it wouldn't benefit you if you did click it.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Fair enough. Sounds like a case of wanting your cake and wanting to be able to eat it too, though.
Maybe, but I think it has more to do with consistency within the game. Everything else works in game without those limitations. Plus, many people do things here and there, and the way you prefer it would cause all kinds of timing issues by making it impossible if even one aid had been done at any point in the prior 24 hours. I just don't think that would go over with the player base.

Plain Red Justice

Sure, you can make jokes. Doesn't really further the conversation, though. If you want to put an aid all button that doesn't actually provide aid... I'd be 100% ok with that if it also provided you with zero benefits whatsoever. Not sure why anyone would ever click it or why anyone would want friends who do... or why the devs would waste time on something so insignificant and useless. But I would support your proposal because it wouldn't benefit you if you did click it.
That's the point. You can't even find a compromise on this feature so it doesn't become too good. Remove the personal rewards like what you want to do initially and it's too good when you keep the motivated buildings and plundering plus motivated buildings ceases to become an issue anymore when you make it an always accessible cheap function like the collect all button.

If you keep the personal rewards but don't actually motivate buildings, it ceases to become an aid all function but a give me some money feature instead

Salsuero

I think it has more to do with consistency within the game. Everything else works in game without those limitations.

Change happens and not everything in the game at present is even consistent... not consistent functionally, nor consistent across platforms.

I just don't think that would go over with the player base.

Well then... no aid all button support from me! Just because it's unpopular doesn't mean it's wrong.

Salsuero

it's too good when you keep the motivated buildings and plundering plus motivated buildings ceases to become an issue anymore

Well I couldn't care less about plundering. And since I'm not in favor of an aid all button in the first place, I don't really care if it never happens. I'm simply suggesting what should happen IF it were to be something that came under consideration... and how I would be willing to accept its implementation IF it were required that I do so.

If you keep the personal rewards but don't actually motivate buildings, it ceases to become an aid all function but a give me some money feature instead

Correct... but that's the total opposite of what I'm suggesting, so it's a moot point in terms of THIS discussion.

ahsay

I'd rather CLICK, then.............

click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, That's for Aiding

Then I also have to...

click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click That's for taverns.

But prior to those, I...

Click for setting troops to attack in GE
Click for setting troops to attack in GB
Click for setting troops to attack in GvG That's for every attack made. Unless there's no losses, which means I only click to attack.
Click for placing items in the AD
Click for quests, dailies and events
Click to set times in various buildings for collections
Click to trade goods
Click for messages
Click to open, maps, tiles, hexes and expeditions
Click to negotiate
There's even a few I've missed.

Dolphins click less in a week then I click every day. Maybe they should change the name to Click of Empires? Forge of Clicks? Finally, I have to click to post this. Whew what a day, it's time to click , click, click away.

Last edited:

The Lady Redneck

Forget about an Aid All button. Technology has moved beyond that. I think Alexa should be linked to the game. Then all we need to do is say

"Alexa check my city status in FoE Birka".

(Alexa replies) Your city collections are ready.

(You) Alexa make collection and set next collection to 8 hours

Alexa check my hood for profitable plunders and snipes.
Alexa complete all profitable plunders and snipes
Alexa aid the remainder.
Alexa Aid Guild members.

And so on

Lots of other stuff Alexa could do. 5 - 10 minute out of your day should do it all. No need to even click to enter the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.