• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid All Button

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lady Redneck

Well a dog is an animal and we are allowed animations. The peasants in our cities are animations, Could they not do the aiding? After all it is for their benefit.

DeletedUser

YES
Shoot yourself in the foot - that will help everybody else to feel that they have 2 good legs left.
Let the purists do the aid manually, even go and visit every city and choose the proper building to polish/motivate, so you will get that oh, so elusive print (that you just don't know how to get it the other way) or the oh so valuable reward from Truce Tower or Seed Vault. And enjoy the heavenly feeling of manual aid.
I'd like to do it automatically, and I am even willing to throw away the oh so important rewards (a few coins for the fiddler)

Salsuero

I'd like to do it automatically

I don't care. But if you want that, I'll compromise. You get NOTHING from it and you can have it. That includes the ability to attack a neighbor. If you wanna use an aid all button, you must do so before anything else over the course of 24 hours and it shall aid every single person you could click manually. I'll sign on for that so you can have your auto-aid button. Anything short of that and I'm a definite no.

DeletedUser

A related suggestion for the mobile version. Please move the "Find" friends button 1/16" to the right so that it doesn't interfere with aiding friends.

Salsuero

A related suggestion for the mobile version. Please move the "Find" friends button 1/16" to the right so that it doesn't interfere with aiding friends.

That's not related at all. I'm not going to argue the merit of your proposal... especially when I don't play the mobile version. If you want something like that, go ahead and actually propose it. This isn't a proposal... it's just a discussion... so it won't get any attention from the devs.

Also -- 1/16" doesn't mean anything in terms of pixels. 1/16" on an iPhone isn't the same as 1/16" on an iPad... or any Android equivalent device. The fact that devices employ a variety of screen resolutions means they won't match imperial or metric units of measurements from one resolution to another.

DeletedUser

That's not related at all. I'm not going to argue the merit of your proposal... especially when I don't play the mobile version. If you want something like that, go ahead and actually propose it. This isn't a proposal... it's just a discussion... so it won't get any attention from the devs.

Also -- 1/16" doesn't mean anything in terms of pixels. 1/16" on an iPhone isn't the same as 1/16" on an iPad... or any Android equivalent device. The fact that devices employ a variety of screen resolutions means they won't match imperial or metric units of measurements from one resolution to another.

Here is where I asked it and got no answer.

I don't play on mobile either but I have seen someone use it and the mobile version has an extremely fast mechanism for aiding and visiting (about 3X the speed of the desktop version). The only thing wrong with it is the find friend box that is deliberately too close to the far right friend. It triggers this annoying pop up that slows down what whould otherwise be a a very fast way to aid people. If Inno says no to the aid all button (very likely) then they may go with making the existing system better. Related ? Yes it is. A 13 pixel shift to the right , how is that ?

Last edited by a moderator:

GaKOAK

Aid all button would only benefit the lazy players. I just timed myself aiding 60 guild members, aiding and sitting in the open taverns for 80 friends, and just for fun aiding the top 25 in the hood. It took all of 4 minutes. If you are too lazy or think those 4 minutes are that valuable maybe you should find another game to play.

Salsuero

I see lots of responses. What "privileges" are you looking for? Because anyone can post an idea. Just make sure to read the pinned messages to know what you can and cannot post as an idea.

about 3X the speed of the desktop version

Nonsense. I can click aid quite fast. It might be a little faster on mobile, but it's definitely not 3x faster. Your perception of time is just not the reality. Also... maybe someone can click faster using a finger than a mouse. That could be at least a small time savings. Either way... everything's a tradeoff. They get faster aid, but have an annoying slowdown.

Related ? Yes it is.

You've stretched it way far out to come up with how this is related. Regardless... this isn't the place for your "related" suggestion. Post it as an idea. Posting here will get you nowhere as I said... because this isn't a suggestion thread and it will never be submitted (doubtful it will ever even be seen given the title) by the devs.

67Sage101

Here is an update to this thread. I just counted 160 clicks to aid all friends and sit in their taverns. And some of those clicks were doubles because the game limits how fast you can click and won't accept them too fast. I think I'll send Inno my carpel tunnel bill.

67Sage101

I don't think this game should be made easier to get the things you currently have to work for. Some things take effort. And that effort may come in the form of tedious clicks. It's time spent in order to gain a benefit. I am suggesting that, if you would like to eliminate your time investment, you should also eliminate the rewards that currently come from that time investment. If you don't want it now, you don't click. If you do, you click. Condensing it down to a single click is a massive change to how you contribute your time... and I believe you should have to give up an equal amount of benefit to gain one. In my opinion, this particular feature is such a massive change, that I would be interested in seeing a massive compromise.

Do you understand now?

Not do you agree... but do you understand?
you know what takes effort? Real world stuff like work, fixing your car, repairing the roof. I think people genuinely forget games are a distraction from the effort of life and intended to bring joy. Not digital suffering. LOL.

Salsuero

you know what takes effort? Real world stuff like work, fixing your car, repairing the roof. I think people genuinely forget games are a distraction from the effort of life and intended to bring joy. Not digital suffering. LOL.

Nothing about this game requires you to give up those other more important real-world activities. If you don't have time to play this game after doing those things, then you don't have time. There are MANY things I wish I had more time to do. Unfortunately, that's life. You have to decide how to divide your time. Those who have chosen to give this game more of a share than you will be rewarded for doing so. That's how it should be.

Dryke

I don't think this game should be made easier to get the things you currently have to work for. Some things take effort. And that effort may come in the form of tedious clicks. It's time spent in order to gain a benefit. I am suggesting that, if you would like to eliminate your time investment, you should also eliminate the rewards that currently come from that time investment. If you don't want it now, you don't click. If you do, you click. Condensing it down to a single click is a massive change to how you contribute your time... and I believe you should have to give up an equal amount of benefit to gain one. In my opinion, this particular feature is such a massive change, that I would be interested in seeing a massive compromise.

Do you understand now?

Not do you agree... but do you understand?

I understand. What I don't understand, however, is the thinking that literal manual 'clicking' is an effort that should be rewarded. It has literally nothing to do with any other element of the game. They already have a 24 hour timer on it, which is consistent with the overall game mechanics; what need is there for you to have to literally click on each and every player, and then wait a moment for it to process? The rewards are relatively pathetic, even if you have a truce tower and a seed vault; and with respect to those buildings the 'effort' you pay to get THOSE rewards is the same effort you pay for every other GB - namely, to build and level it. There is no need to pile another tedious mechanic on top of that.

Why do I aid? Because I want to help my friends and guildmates. If I want to do that, I shouldn't have to be bored to death and I shouldn't have to pay by relinquishing some other ability in order to do so. Take, for instance, the 'collect all' button. Sure, it costs 5 diamonds; but if you've got a diamond farm that's nothing. Or don't use it at all - but then, you can collect from your buildings nearly as quickly by just clicking and then swiping through your entire city quickly; you only need to pause to dump the FP somewhere. If not an 'aid all x' (friends, neighbors, allies) button for 5 diamonds, how about at least a 'click and swipe' aid option, and remove the ridiculous pause?

GaKOAK

Manual clicking is rewarded though ... coins, tavern silver, forge points, blueprints.

"aid all" is a horrible idea, there are times when I don't want to aid everyone, especially the hood. Aiding friends and guild mates takes a few minutes at most, even with the delay.

I honestly don't see why some of you are so upset about having to aid manually. If you look down on it so much then don't do it at all. If the rewards you get are so bad, just don't do it. If you can't take the time, don't do it. It is not a required game mechanic in any way, it is entirely optional. Just be aware that if you don't aid your friends and guild mates, you'll soon not have many friends and maybe not a guild as well.

Salsuero

what need is there for you to have to literally click on each and every player, and then wait a moment for it to process?

No need. However, time is a commodity. So, the more time you spend on something, the more you should be rewarded for that. Clicking takes time.

The rewards are relatively pathetic, even if you have a truce tower and a seed vault

Relative, I suppose. I have both and they aren't pathetic to me. The Truce Tower, in particular, is a great source of higher-age goods.

the 'effort' you pay to get THOSE rewards is the same effort you pay for every other GB ... There is no need to pile another tedious mechanic on top of that.

Perhaps not, but that's how they work.

Why do I aid? Because I want to help my friends and guildmates.

Not really doing that if it's just one click. You're just clicking a button. The effort of helping them rewards them. If you don't do it, they get less from you. Add others into it and it might hurt them. It forces them to seek out more active connections if that's important to them. You'd make it an entirely moot effort. There would be minimal reason to have players who you might not want beyond their daily effort to help you. If it's easy, what's the point? Might as well just kill the mechanic altogether.

I shouldn't have to be bored to death and I shouldn't have to pay by relinquishing some other ability in order to do so.

That's your opinion... not mine.

Take, for instance, the 'collect all' button ... Or don't use it at all

I never have. I prefer to go through recurring quests and apply my Blue Galaxy in a very specific way. I get rewarded for taking my time.

how about at least a 'click and swipe' aid option, and remove the ridiculous pause?

How about no? I want you to click. If you don't have to waste time doing it, there's no reason to even have it in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.