• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Aid All Feedback

Kranyar the Mysterious

Since Aid All is now in A/B testing on live, I have created a thread to gather feedback on this feature since it is likely the powers that be will pretty much pretend the test and feature doesn't exist. Please try and follow all regular feedback rules.

Kranyar the Mysterious

My first concern regards ads. It was reported on beta that many ads were inappropriate for work or family. I've tried the ads on my live cities to see, and so far they are fine, and I hope that Inno corrected this issue, but if adult ads do appear I will be forced to immediately quit FoE permanently after many years of play.

Second is how ads are handled in the Tavern. In my advanced cities the bonus offered for watching an ad is of zero interest, however when you open the Tavern you are forced into the ad tab, not the table overview tab. This is already annoying on day 1, I imagine it will become even more so as time goes on. The default tab for the Tavern needs to be set to the table, not ads. If you click on the ad nag in the city, let that take players directly to ads, but otherwise the table.

Also, why does the ad nag popup cover the Tavern instead of being offset like the timer popup? I'd rather see the building graphics than have them covered up by an ugly red balloon!

Last edited:

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Hello there,

While I do appreciate the initiative, I must say that we are currently not collecting any kind of feedback in our Forum over this feature, and we wouldn't say it's currently an A/B Test, even though it's only available to a random sample of players.

I hope you can understand, and I thank you all in advance for your cooperation.

If you have any reasons or concerns about this feature, please send us a Ticket.

Thank you.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Hello there,

While I do appreciate the initiative, I must say that we are currently not collecting any kind of feedback in our Forum over this feature, and we wouldn't say it's currently an A/B Test, even though it's only available to a random sample of players.

I hope you can understand, and I thank you all in advance for your cooperation.

If you have any reasons or concerns about this feature, please send us a Ticket.

Thank you.
I totally understand, and totally expected as I said in the intro post, but still nice to have one thread for the feature instead of cluttering up the forum with hundreds of individual ones.

Sinaminn

I don't care if it takes minutes and has ads.. I'll use it if I ever get the chance. Just go live with it already.. I'm burning out on this click fest of a game. I don't want to quit but I've had it to 'here' with the never-ending clicking. Throw us a bone!

Ebeondi Asi

If the ads were chosen topics by the individual player... The so called targeted ads have never once actually targeted what i would be interested in watching. Even companies selling stuff are too stupid to just ask what are you really interested in? Instead, they guess.. and so far, their guessing is zero.

Ironrooster

If the ads were chosen topics by the individual player... The so called targeted ads have never once actually targeted what i would be interested in watching. Even companies selling stuff are too stupid to just ask what are you really interested in? Instead, they guess.. and so far, their guessing is zero.
Well maybe the idea is to make you interested in buying something you did not know you wanted. :D

Ironrooster

Video ads are the worst.
A box on the side with a link to more information is better. That way if the ad interests me I can click the link. If not I can ignore it.

spartacus2.0

Am I the only person who thinks that they are making the game too easy with all these boosts?
The castle system already kind of crossed the line, but now a new free friends tavern boost? a new questgiver who gives you free goods! the incidents are so easy to spot now (I liked the old incidents instead of the chests) and then an aid all! in my opinion inno is making the game more and more easy and more and more boring...

edit: why does trading goods not count as "collect goods" anymore?

Last edited:

Kaidi

Cannot leave the new AID function to get to visiting taverns or Plundering. ???
I'm having the same issue at times. Refresh fixes it temporarily. Closing my browser entirely and bringing it back up again fixed it for longer, but it does eventually recur. I have a ticket into support and am reporting my tests there.

edblr

YEs - left and restarted and fixed the problem- some features should not use cache - I think caching can be selectively disabled